PDA

View Full Version : My first WC setup, advice & opinions wanted

jreffy
09-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Hey fellas,
Getting ready to put this bad boy together. Just gotta buy a few more parts and I can test my WC system. I'm going to be running a Core 2 Duo E6600 system with a moderate overclock to start. It'll be my first OC so I won't get aggressive until I understand what I am doing a bit more. I'm using P5W DH Deluxe mobo. Here's the rest of my WC system. I want to be running this thing quietly as possible as well.

Pump: MPC655/DD-D5
CPU Block: Swiftech Storm
Radiator: Black Ice GTS 240 Stealth
Reservoir: ??
Chipset Waterblock: ??

Not sure what to do for a reservoir or NB waterblock. Is it even necessary? I assume if I want to get into aggressive OC-ing I'm going to want it. I'm not going to WC my GPU yet, but if I feel it's needed or wanted, I can always put one on later.

ambivalent
09-21-2006, 11:53 PM
i like the Swiftech MCRES-Micro, small footprint, very well designed, silent, and cheap... only $20 on performance-pcs.com

as for a chipset, dont worry about it too much unless you oc and get temps in the 50's on the board. i ran the already legendary 805 D 2.66@ 3.96 ghz and my board temps stayed around 35 on the stock ECS cooler, which is just a tiny, tiny aluminum hs with 40mm fan... chipset coolers arent in as much demand now since they use smaller manufacturing processes now, as well... and if it's a passive one, just make sure you have enough airflow in the case and you'll be fine... unless you just feel like spending $40-50 more.

hope that helps :)