PDA

View Full Version : The best digital camera series!!!

public_eyesore
03-16-2005, 07:54 PM
I beilieve the best camera is the cannon powershot A-series. My family has personally owned the A-30 A-20 A-70 and the A-80. They are a decent size, run pretty cheap , easy to use, and have an awesome opticle zoom. I will always buy the A series if cannon contiues making it. What camera or camera seris do you guys like?

Chapel
03-16-2005, 08:02 PM
My thoughts on cameras are this: if someone knows nothing about digi cams, computers, or photo software, i tell them to by kodaks. Not the best cam or the best software, but it is very easy to use. I woudl even venture to say that a blind man could use it. As for high end digi's i would suggest a cannon or a fugi. Nikon is suppose to be good, but all i know about them is that they have tons of options on the camera, you judge that.
Personally i have a sony, i like it, its simple basially a high res point and shoot then i can edit on my computer. Though i wouldnt suggest it simply becasue sony is so propritary that you have to buy everything for the camera sony brand. And there memory sticks are 3x the cost of flash media... thats my only beef.

Seven
03-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Wrong.

Nikon D70 will whip your Canon.
Or the Digital Rebel (which is like $10000, no kidding)

Both are Digital SLRs, which will give you by far the best quality, but they are expensive. As a professional option, the D70 is your pick...

I've used them to take pictures, and god damn the autofocus is quick, so is picture taking and every picture comes out so rediculously well that it makes me so happy every time I use it.

If you've got $1000 to spend, buy one.

CompChopper
03-16-2005, 11:53 PM
For the average modder, any of those canon cams will take great pics of their cases. I still use an Olympus C2100UZ for mine and they turn out great.

Had a Sony 8mp cam but returned it because....well....what a waste of money.

JesDer
03-23-2005, 01:16 AM
Both are Digital SLRs, which will give you by far the best quality, but they are expensive. As a professional option, the D70 is your pick...

But the key isnt in the body, when you get to that level, the lens makes all the difference and some can cost you as much as the camera or more :)

Crimson Sky
03-23-2005, 02:07 AM
I use the Minolta Dimage A-1 (5.0MP) ---It works great in low light, has a gryroscope for steady shots, full manual control and other great features.

Dgephri
03-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I've been using my Sony F707 for a couple years now..5.2MP, 3Xoptical, and the Nightframing (hologram laser to detect focus range in total darkness) sure makes low light shots easier.

Whisp
04-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I have a fuji finepix and its is small, has a docking tray, and a rechageable battery. It also takes decent pics. may not be the best camera but it has kept me happy.

Rachel
04-25-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm getting the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200/R Digital Camera (7.2 MP) for a going to college present. I also need it for my digital photography class.

http://www.sonystyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/imagesProducts/180x180/DSCP200R.jpg
Oh yea, it looks girlie too. :D

MrSlacker
04-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Canon S2 was just announced. i am so getting it. i was going to get S1 but i was wating for S2. it comes out in June for $500, but dell always has % off deals so i am hoping to get it for around $400.

Malatory
04-26-2005, 09:53 AM
I just have a lowly CyberShot 2.1mp (p51) digital camera. It does fine for the quick shots and post on a forum. I do want a better one but dont have the money for it right now (all wasted on modding stuff). My jump will likely be to a SLR Digital (At least a year away). Good Chance would the Cannon, Just because the 35mm SLR I have access to is the Cannon.

Sky
04-26-2005, 02:58 PM
I have the Canon Rebel XT and its awesome. For both beginners and advanced users. It can be a point and shoot or even a manual focus camera. Its light and stylish.

UrbanAssassin
04-28-2005, 10:49 AM
My current digital camera is a Kodak EasyShare CX4200. Im looking into getting a new better digital camera.

MrSlacker
05-12-2005, 09:03 PM
my dad won Canon SD300 yestarday at a seminar. w00t this camera is about same size as a credit card. it will be enough for me until Canon S2 comes out and drops in price. anyone wants to see some macros i took?

Aero
06-30-2005, 01:09 PM
I have a Powershot A-80. Its ok, except my dad droped it so the top plastic cover by the power button is falling off and gets stuck sometimes. But in the next few months he's proboly going to be getting a new Digital SLR. I can't wait, it will rock for Astro-photography, which is what I plan on using it for, that is if I ever get around to buying a camera attachment for my telescope.

public_eyesore
06-30-2005, 04:44 PM
i wishi ould afford an slr, i love my 35 mm cannon ae1