View Full Version : non pc speaker with pc

04-30-2005, 05:21 AM
What do i need to use non- pc speaker ( home theatre) with a pc? can it be done?

04-30-2005, 09:57 AM
it can be done of course. i dont know what you mean by "home theatre" speakers because they come in many different kinds in different packages. you have signal outputs from the comp, therefore you will need a reciever/amplifier and hook the speakers up to that. most HT speakers come with the whole package but if you want to go hardcore with big speakers, they sell them one by one and you need everything separately. look around in futureshop or an audiostore, im sure they will help you out on your specific needs.

04-30-2005, 12:50 PM
you need speakers, cables and reciever/amp. different speakers use different cables. you connect speakers to reciever/amp and then use another cable to connect it to computer. please be more specific about what speakers and sound card you have.

05-01-2005, 01:46 PM
He doesnt have to specify speakers or sound card, doesnt make a difference what he has, pretty much all high end speakers use the same wiring, its the input connectors on the speakers that differ, banana plugs, spring clips e.t.c. either way its almost always bare wire going in.

PC Audio out to Receiver INPUT, you can figure out how to hook the speakers to the amp with the manual if ya dont know what your doing.

The adaptor cable from the PC to the AMP should be a 1/8th STEREO to dual RCA plugs available at any stereo shop or radio shack, or better yet toslink or digital connectors if your soundcard\motherboard support it.