PDA

View Full Version : 2 x 17" Widescreens =)

YoungBlood
09-23-2006, 04:35 AM
Basically... im new to this whole Putting 2 monitors together to make one.... What exactly have i got to do, to get 2 17" widescreen monitors to work together as 1(basically im saying this because i have forgot the name for it ^^) Im thinking of getting an Geforce 7950 (the 1gig version) or a geforce 7900gtx... Do these support doing so?

meticoeus
09-23-2006, 06:03 AM
If you mean using them both to have one very long desktop, then yes, either of those cards will support that. Unless you are building a custon enclosure for both, then you should also be able to rotate them both so that you have a more 'normal' full screen-esk resolution. when you want to. I think this is all software driven, as long as your monitor's stand allows to to reorient it.

You probably don't need a 7950 GX2 (unless you meant the new less expensive 7950 gt2 or whatever it is) unless you plan on running higher resolutions later.

If you are building a stand for them, which seems likely as you posted this in the worklog section, it would be really cool if you could still reorient them when they were in a single enclosure.

HTH

YoungBlood
09-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Only problem i am thinking of is.... I will have to take the screens out of the casing and put them together... Due to when i am playing games i will have a black spot... to be honest im not sure if games support multi moniter yet!

meticoeus
09-23-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure some do. But it is also a matter of what resolutions they support. Multi-monitor resolutions are already 'long' but with two widescreens, it is much longer. I've heard it is generally better to stick to one for some generes, but for something civilization, it wouldn't really matter. It is up to you.

You should look up the specs for the games you plan to play and find out what they support.