View Full Version : Windows Vista RC1 Open for downoad ... again

blipz
09-23-2006, 06:23 AM
As the title says. :^)
Here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

silverdemon
09-23-2006, 03:46 PM
any idea which build it is?? I currently run 5600, I downloaded it a week ago or something...

Cevinzol
09-25-2006, 03:29 AM
... and this time its bug free, Bill promises.

I guess the last release was lacking so many drivers, few people could actually evaluate it. evidently Adobe, symantec are trying to block some of the add-ons in europe. MS is trying to include a security software and a PDF type app. The security software I understand but they could just pay to use PDF.

Have I mentioned lately that I don't like MS.

DaveW
09-25-2006, 06:08 AM
I guess the last release was lacking so many drivers, few people could actually evaluate it. evidently Adobe, symantec are trying to block some of the add-ons in europe. MS is trying to include a security software and a PDF type app. The security software I understand but they could just pay to use PDF.

Have I mentioned lately that I don't like MS.

Neither do the Eurpean courts, who accuse Microsoft of Monopoly at every chance they get. Fair enough, it's a big company, but i don't see how giving away a basic version of a software counts as monopoly. XP shipped with a firewall and a text package, but that hasn't harmed sales of either. The whole media player fiasco was a joke-it may be pocket money to Microsoft, but it's still not moral.

Obviously, Adobe and Symantec will win. Microsoft are including a new file type that stores pages the way PDF does but it's pretty basic and is supposed to load at the same speed as HTML. Which is more than can be said for PDF (which i think is a really poor file format for speed and efficiency.)

-Dave

Slug Toy
09-25-2006, 02:31 PM
supposed to load at the same speed as HTML. Which is more than can be said for PDF (which i think is a really poor file format for speed and efficiency.)

yet PDF files are infinitely important for academic documents, outside of journals and such. i dont exactly know why they're so popular, but it almost seems like if you want to be taken seriously on the net, you publish in PDF format.

Airbozo
09-25-2006, 06:41 PM
yet PDF files are infinitely important for academic documents, outside of journals and such. i dont exactly know why they're so popular, but it almost seems like if you want to be taken seriously on the net, you publish in PDF format.

Well pdf files are not edit-able if you lock them down. That is one of the reasons. Plus pdf files can be read on almost ANY device including pda's and phones...