PDA

View Full Version : What happens when modders are injured and bored...

Tech-Daddy
09-25-2006, 12:14 AM
You guys know I've been recovering from ankle surgery for the past few weeks. Well, I got into a hard cast a week ago.

Here are the stage pics:

Right after surgery (for 2 weeks) I had to wear this soft splint:
http://www.tech-daddy.com/wlog/ankle/ankle3.jpg

Then they cut it off, and I got to see a bit of their work. No bruising, and the incisions look great!
http://www.tech-daddy.com/wlog/ankle/ankle4.jpg

http://www.tech-daddy.com/wlog/ankle/ankle6.jpg

Then, they planned on a new cast... and I wanted to have a good, easy pallet to work from! ;) So I chose black:
http://www.tech-daddy.com/wlog/ankle/ankle7.jpg

Well, tonight, while I was out getting used to my airbrush equipment, and getting mixtures down, I went to town on my cast! I still have several more effects to add in, but... you see where I am going... ;)
http://www.tech-daddy.com/wlog/ankle/cast_mod1.jpg

http://www.tech-daddy.com/wlog/ankle/cast_mod2.jpg

I have some green accents to add in, and then I have to get the Dallas Stars logo on the top of the shin, but I believe I have an easy way to do that... maybe... ;)

Just thought I'd share this with my fellow nutcases!
;)

Laters!

Cevinzol
09-25-2006, 04:48 AM
Nice mod.
Add some LEDs and a window :)
Are you going to overclock it?
Just don't water cool it.

DaveW
09-25-2006, 06:03 AM
Nice mod.
Add some LEDs and a window
Are you going to overclock it?
Just don't water cool it.

ROFL! Nice work man, that cast is the bomb.

-Dave

tybrenis
09-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Lmao, nice! Only a modder. Looks great, lol!

gaz_the_chav
09-25-2006, 08:00 AM
wicked man I like the idea of the LEDs lol should be a laugh!

GT40_GearHead
09-25-2006, 10:10 AM
any more progres :D

btw ankle surgery here, i busted my right ankle 3 or 4 years ago, what did you do ??

Airbozo
09-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Friends don't let friends put stars logo's on anything... ;-)

Heh, just great to hear from another Hockey fan!

Great to hear you are doing better! I too like the led mod idea.

Tech-Daddy
09-25-2006, 12:02 PM
You guys are funny!
The reason for the surgery was that I had a really bad ankle sprain in Jr. High school, then I had 7 more (as bad or worse) over the time span from Jr High to this last Fathers Day. After this last one, I just found me a Dr and asked for an evaluation. My ankle was found to be very, slack.

So we cleaned out the scar tissue and bone spurs from within the ankle, found a piece of cartildge that was trying to attach to a tendon and cleand that out, then took the slack out of my outter ligaments and repaired/rebuilt the outter structural integrity of my ankle.

(I asked for a wave file of the bionic man "ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni....", but I dont think they did it! )

gaz_the_chav
09-25-2006, 04:01 PM
lol nasty I just thought LEDs that flash to speakers also mounted in the cast... lol

isunktheship
09-25-2006, 04:17 PM
it needs a touch screen

Rankenphile
09-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Nice work and all, but I honestly don't think you'll be able to fit a mobo in there.

Maybe a micro-atx... hmmm......

:p

Tech-Daddy
09-25-2006, 08:45 PM
picoATX...
I wear a size 15 shoe... it *may* just fit!
;)

HAR HAR!!

DaveW
09-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Size 15 American or British?

Cos 15 in Britain is huge. Gianted.

I know a guy who has size 16 (Britain) feet. He went to a shop that sells 13+ sizes (they normally stop around12 in the UK) and asked for size 16s. They stop at 15! He has to get his shoes made by the manufacturers, it costs him a fortune.

-Dave

Slug Toy
09-25-2006, 10:03 PM
oh god, i have sympathy for you man. ive had surgery too. i snapped a tenden in my groin area that was responsible for the muscle that lets you close your legs. soccer accident. anything like that is painful and tedious for recovery.

i should really have surgery on my shoulder too. ive dislocated it a few times, and it clicks and pops and has a disgusting range of motion now. its not causing me major problems though, so im happy just being able to gross people out by turning my arm around about 180 degrees past normal.

tybrenis
09-25-2006, 10:29 PM
i should really have surgery on my shoulder too. ive dislocated it a few times, and it clicks and pops and has a disgusting range of motion now. its not causing me major problems though, so im happy just being able to gross people out by turning my arm around about 180 degrees past normal.

I have the same problem. I can dislocate my shoulder whenever I want, and I am one of the few people that can lick their elbow (try it!). I also have a ridiculous range of motion in my shoulder, and can easily grab my wrist behind my back. If I put my left arm behind my back, I can easily grab it's wrist with my right hand (dislocating arm).

nil8
09-25-2006, 11:27 PM
That looks like some serious ankle surgery. Love the cast, I'm sure the angle was weird. Are you going to keep it after they take it off?

Just wrap in it christmas lights and take a picture. It would make some of these guys drool, I'm sure. :p

The only interesting damage I've done to myself is shattered my pinkie and ring knuckles on my right hand. I can pull the pinkie out of socket. The ring finger healed up a lot better and only gives me pain whenever climate changes really quickly. All my other injuries aren't interesting. Broken forearm, slipped disc, broken toes.

I wear size 15EE. I have to order my shoes from special stores/websites because of the size and shape of my feet.

Ouch!
09-27-2006, 05:24 AM
Get well soon...

Cast looks excellent. Perhaps you could have an LCD with scrolling messages.

"This cast was fitted by nurse Smith......My leg is not broken....etc etc"

Again get well soon.

Ouch!

purdy
09-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey, depending on how long I have to wear my cast, I was thinking of painting it as well. I quite like the black, although I love my hot pink lol. My question is what kind of paint did you use and how did you paint it? (Oh and why did you need surgery?)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/purdy44/Pink008.jpg

Tech-Daddy
09-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I used a water based car paint called "Auto-Air Colors" by Createx (I believe, I'll see if I can find the link).
http://www.autoaircolors.com/

Painting it, I used my dual action Crescendo airbrush, and I used the Aluminium (4100 I believe) and the Gold (4300 I believe).

I needed the surgery because I had injured the same ankle 8 times (grade 3+ major sprains on the same ankle, the same way...) after this last one, I just told my doc to tighten this thing up. I could not walk across a flat parking lot without possibly turning my ankle (I had done that on the 7th sprain)...

There you have it!

Cannibal23
09-28-2006, 06:01 PM
..... i cant even believe this thread.. totaly awesome.. what next?? anyone getting fillings soon? maybe we can pack some micro LED's in there.

seriously though looks like an awesome paint job. led's would be pretty cool too.

Cagedconnerman
09-28-2006, 09:22 PM
wow, just saw this....i just had foot surgery (2 bone grafts and some cutting up of my achiles tendon :) and i got the same color cast...i did skulls on mine

MitaPi
10-04-2006, 02:53 PM
..... i cant even believe this thread.. totaly awesome.. what next?? anyone getting fillings soon? maybe we can pack some micro LED's in there.

seriously though looks like an awesome paint job. led's would be pretty cool too.

Ha, I will be (hopefully)! I got a big nasty hole in my back molar... which just happens to be big enough for an LED! :D ...or a trigger of some sort? :p

TD, You are awesome. I feel like going out and breaking a bone just so I can have an awesome cast like yours. ;)

simon275
10-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Thats wicked. Its gonna be sad when it comes to cutting it off though

The best cast scenario. :D

progbuddy
10-06-2006, 02:23 PM
When you're done w/ the cast, dont throw it away! Find a super slim mobo and put it inside. Make a cast computer (rofl). You could be like, "my ankles made of aluminum, chips, and a processor".

Cagedconnerman
10-07-2006, 06:41 PM
eww, u ever smelled a cast after it comes off dude? just friggin nasty....smells like rotten flesh (which just so happens to be what's on the inside of the cast)

samurai_crip
10-24-2006, 07:15 AM
LMAO!!!

Dude that looks sweet

klingelton
10-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Size 15 American or British?

Cos 15 in Britain is huge. Gianted.

I know a guy who has size 16 (Britain) feet. He went to a shop that sells 13+ sizes (they normally stop around12 in the UK) and asked for size 16s. They stop at 15! He has to get his shoes made by the manufacturers, it costs him a fortune.

-Dave

do you know me personally? im size 14.5 and most the time i need to get my shoes from special magazines and websites n ****!

Exley
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM

I am so gonna ask if they can do that.

NamesAreUseless
11-18-2006, 11:25 PM
I am so gonna ask if they can do that.

But if u tried to do that u would have a battery stuck to your face and wires in your mouth.