PDA

View Full Version : Cars?

Razors Edge
09-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Ok I just got bored and got curious. To all the older people on the forum who can drive and have a car. What car do you own or drive, and to us Younger people, what car do you intend on getting when you get ur license? (be realistic)

Me = 1989 Mustang 5.0.

gaz_the_chav
09-27-2006, 08:12 PM
I have a 3.6 Ford Capere (sorry very drunk atm lol)

DaJe
09-27-2006, 08:49 PM
92 Buick Century. As long as it runs, that's all I need. everything about it works fine. I don't get people who buy new cars when they don't need them. It's not like there's anything better about it really.

Razors Edge
09-27-2006, 09:04 PM
well...

Better Gas Mileage
Faster + More Power (yeehaa)
More Features
Different transmissions
Looks
Handling

-Alot of things accually

DaJe
09-27-2006, 09:30 PM
But these new cars I see don't have better mileage. The mileage of cars these days is horrendus. They could be much better than they are really, but nobody plans to change any of that.

Omega
09-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Hope to get a 1989 Nissan 240SX, RPS13 model.

Aero
09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
I used to have a 2001 Firebird. Was only a V6 and auto, but fun for my first car none the less. Had to sell that for personal reasons. Now I'm temporairaly driving a 1991 Ford Bronco, Auto, 351W. Its leaking oil, windshield leaks, and sucks down gas at about 8 mpg. But damn its amazing offroad.

Razors Edge
09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
lol Omega, my dream car is a 1970 Mustang with the interior of a 2006 Mustang GT and the engine of a Nissan R34 Skyline. In Japan you can an R34 for like $20,000 right?

Omega
09-27-2006, 09:52 PM
I hate you for even thinking of bastardizing the Skyline.

Anywho, yeah, you can get skylines for hella cheap. Besides, why pay 20k$ for the car when you can pay 5k$ for the RB26DETT?

Forever Nights
09-27-2006, 10:25 PM
i have 2 and i just sold the 3rd one, i have a 2000 ranger nicely modded and still modding it, and a 90, 4x4, fuel injected 460, f250 im working on that as we speak. Last but not lest the 79, 4x4, f350 i sold it to a friend so he could have a 4whrrl drive truck to come out and play with me and the guys. i have been think of starting a off road group here in corpus, be cause all the one we have here just sit and drink all the time. im not saying that, that is bad but i love play in mud, rock, sand, and what ever is put in front of me lol

Cevinzol
09-28-2006, 02:20 AM
2005 Saturn VUE SUV (26MPG)
&
1992 Honda Nighthawk 750cc motorcycle (40MPG)

I had a Ford Ranger XLT supercab for 14 years (and 120k miles) but the tranny finaly gave up the ghost.

My advise to people:

1) buy a car with 4 doors and enough room for your friends. I can't tell you how many times someone else has insisted on driving because my truck didn't have enough room.

2) If you have a truck everyone will be your friend on their moving day.

3) learn to drive stick. If your drive a manual you are already cooler than 90% of the drivers on the road.

Slug Toy
09-28-2006, 04:37 AM
well right now, in my driveway we have three vehicles.

ford excursion (diesel of course... the gas versions are pigs), black
volvo s70 limited edition, silver
2005 chevy corvette coupe, magnetic red

seeming as im only 19, and i still havent gotten my full license, im allowed to drive the volvo. my dad would kill me if i touched the excursion. eventually ill be driving the corvette too. its fun enough being in the passenger seat because my mom drives like a maniac... i cant wait to actually be the one doing the driving.

rosecityracr
09-28-2006, 06:23 AM
92 honda prelude, just got the AC fixed at the begining of this summer :D after 3 years of not having it. But hey, who needs REAL AC when you can use the 2x70 model AC? ;) jk....summers in texas suck, i missed my AC haha.

Forever Nights
09-28-2006, 09:14 AM
hell i got my ranger i did not use the ac for 2 year because i had just moved to wyoming to go to tech school i did not think it would work when i got back down here lol

Airbozo
09-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Between the wife and I we own 4 vehicles.

My rides (not in order of use, but descending order of purchase):

2002 Mustang GT with high flow mods, pushing 26mpg (mostly daily driver) and I don't care if the back seat is uncomfortable, it is my commute car for now.

2001 Subaru Outback. Wife's daily driver and our snowboarding commute car to tahoe.

1995 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200. My usual daily commute vehicle but it is going into the shop to get the generator replaced. Many performance mods, pushing 45mpg. (think cafe racer, NOT ape hangers and highway pegs).

1975 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40. This is _really_ the wifes truck, but I drive it way more than her. I am currently working on a frame off restoration of this vehicle. We are deciding whether to drop in a chevy 350 or stay with the toyota straight six. No rust anywhere (unusual for this year of FJ40), very tight mechanically (except for the steering box) and pushing a whopping 12mpg (when it is tuned perfectly). Taken to Rubicon several times and only got stuck once (while trying to pull a cj out of the mud).

YoungBlood
09-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Well im only 16 but im busy saving up for a Mk4 Golf.... Always wanted one and look sweet in black with chrome accents... Match my Comp too :D

rosecityracr
09-28-2006, 04:24 PM
hell i got my ranger i did not use the ac for 2 year because i had just moved to wyoming to go to tech school i did not think it would work when i got back down here lol
I had a 91 ranger before my prelude and besides all the foam padding coming out of the arms rests that truck was PERFECT...even the stripes running along the bottom looked new. after about 150k miles the gasket between the intake mani. and head blew...replaced it, tourqed back down to spec but just never ran the same after that...had to sell it =(

.alchinko.
09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
o ummm saab 95 aero, the wagon... trigger shift

Razors Edge
09-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I always want to drive stick...I don't go south of the border.

Anyways, Basterdizing the skyline? Dude Japanese Imports can't keep up with American Muscle!! With them damn turbos and the stupid v-techs. Any car that gets above 25 MPG is a toy.

Supercharger is the only way to go. Also by the time I get done with my future '89 Mustang, its ganna tak e like just 5 gallons to start up......

---------------------------

No really I got a friend, well hes accually in his 20's and im only 13, anyway he works on his 89' Mustang, and he told me a story... he was at a red light and some honda rolls up next to him. So they agree to race, so whiel the other side light is green and its red for them, the V-tech is revving up and doign the whole turbo exhuast rev thing, so when the other light hits yellow, My friend revs up the engine just a slight bit, and the honda drivers face turns pale, and he wasn't smiling anymore.... As for who won, use you're imagination...Honda vrs. a 9 Second beast......

(Easiest way to become $200 richer)

Airbozo
09-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I always want to drive stick...

---------------------------

My friend revs up the engine just a slight bit, and the honda drivers face turns pale, and he wasn't smiling anymore....

(Easiest way to become $200 richer)

Hehe with one exception I always drive a stick. More control, better gas mileage.

I had the same thing happen when I used to own a 69 chevelle. I left the badge on the car that said 318 v8, when in fact I had dropped in a 396 from a wrecked chevelle and a rockcrusher tranny with an inline shifter. Guy pulls up next to me in a tricked out import that sounded like a badly tuned chainsaw revv'ing and popping the clutch for some tire squeaks. As the light turned green I left him in a cloud of tire smoke while he found first... I let him catch up while I putted in 2nd and left him again after dropping into third smoking the tires again. Great fun! American cars rule in HP. Too bad my chevelle didn't perform well in corners.

My mustang barely keeps up with the subaru in cornering too. Next thing I do to the mustang will take care of the corner drift. then watch out.

rosecityracr
09-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Anyways, Basterdizing the skyline? Dude Japanese Imports can't keep up with American Muscle!! With them damn turbos and the stupid v-techs. Any car that gets above 25 MPG is a toy.
Out of all the forums on the net, you would think a computer forum would be the last place you would see someone bashing technology. American muscle? Is that why practically every american car company relies on the technology from the Germans and Japanese car makers these days? Dodge advertises it everyday "American/German enineering"...Ford GT is twin turbo, Mustangs are now twin and even quad cam. Just because you get "over 25mpg" doesnt mean its a toy....the new Corvettes average 30mpg highway and its American muscle...but w/o the technology from foreign designs (i.e. VTEC, VVT-I, )I garuntee you it'd still be getting 17-19 like 'vettes of old.
Sure you can save money and buy an AMD K7, water-cool it, speed up fsb, o.c. it to 3.0ghz, and have lots of bragging rights...or...buy an fx-62, have awesome performance out of the box, and still have bragging rights for having the best (well, best before conroe) cpu out there. Just because it's a V8 or a "Hemi" (which the new "Hemi's" arent even real Hemi's in the first place) doesnt mean anything anymore. You should know technology will always rule all 8) .

Razors Edge
09-28-2006, 07:22 PM
I like the Dogde Chargers back from the day. I don't like vettes. I mean I see the old ones, they look american muscle, but I just don't feel it. From the Original Fast and the Furious, Vin Diesels Dodge Charger with the Super Charger sticking out of the hood, that was a beast.

meticoeus
09-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm in the midle of getting my license finally (age 20) but its taking forever as I have class pretty much literally all day, labs in the afternner, so by the time I get out, the DMV is closed and I can't take the stupid test.

I'm planning to get a manual, but I'm still shopping. I have some driving exp but I'm not getting anything expensive for a first actual car.

simon275
09-28-2006, 08:27 PM
I drive a Holden Vectra V6 2.6L

Holden is just the Aussie version of Vaxuahll and Opal

Airbozo
09-28-2006, 09:37 PM
I like the Dogde Chargers back from the day. I don't like vettes. I mean I see the old ones, they look american muscle, but I just don't feel it. From the Original Fast and the Furious, Vin Diesels Dodge Charger with the Super Charger sticking out of the hood, that was a beast.

MMM I love the look of the old chargers. OK I admit it, I love just about any car pre 1980. The originality was lost sometime in the late 70's, and by the end of the 80's every class of cars look almost the same. Yeah the technology has really advanced in 30 years and if I could afford the Vortech V8 upgrade motor for my cruiser I would not hesitate.

Since this is a (mostly computer) modding forum I will push a slight detour button. If I could afford it, this would be my next car (after the kinks are worked out):

0-60 in under 4 seconds, 250 mile range, 135 mpg(equivelant), lotus styling, designed by geeks, quiet:

www.teslamotors.com

tennysol
09-29-2006, 01:13 PM
2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT SE...although I am thinking about something new at the begingin of the new year.

DaveW
10-04-2006, 12:28 PM
You guys are so lame. You think those are good cars? Let me show you what a REAL man drives!

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/davew/mycar.JPG

With a whopping 4 gears, this automobile gets me from A to B in style.

I know. You're jealous. You want one. Well, tough. The company that makes this space age wonder went out of business-and I was lucky enough to snap up one of these babies afterwards!

-Dave

Crimson Sky
10-04-2006, 12:43 PM
May God Bless America, but hell if I'm gonna buy an American truck and be in the shop constantly after a few thousand miles. I like my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder Luxury Edition. hey look I even go offroading in it ;)

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/misc/100_0414.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/lousroom/CS2/100_0413.jpg

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/misc/100_0415.jpg

DaveW
10-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Damn. That's a pretty nice car. Possibly even better than mine. One day i'll race ya, we'll find out ;) :D

-Dave

Crimson Sky
10-04-2006, 12:52 PM
LoL..hey it has the same 3.5 liter engine as the 380Z---But um..ahem..has about 2000 lbs more steel :p

Crimson Sky
10-04-2006, 12:55 PM
LoL Dave is that a Yugo???

DaveW
10-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Nah, it's a Rover. I don't know if you get them in the States. You might get some MG Auto's thought? It was the same company. (That's not a misprint, MG is not GM. Different Company.)

The car's name is Valerie. She's about 13 years old, and i'm about to drive her to Edinburgh to pick up my girlfriend.

Assuming we make it. Wish me luck, comrades. 8)

-Dave

Razors Edge
10-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Wow...I gotten the almighty Crimson Sky to reply to my topic. This topic should be recoreded in a museum or somthing.

Crimson Sky
10-04-2006, 05:00 PM
yeah ok BITE MY ASS :D

Airbozo
10-04-2006, 06:12 PM
May God Bless America, but hell if I'm gonna buy an American truck and be in the shop constantly after a few thousand miles. I like my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder Luxury Edition. hey look I even go offroading in it ;)

Not sure where the misnomer that american cars are in the shop alot... I have owned 3 different fords for the last 20 years and NEVER had one issue with them. Hell I drove my '91 taurus for 160k miles and only ever changed oil, tires and brakes. My f150 had 200k miles on it when I sold it and did not even burn oil.

That said, my landcruiser runs like a top and with the exception of a complete engine swap (run in with some drug dealers), have not had any major issues either (still less than 100k on it though).

DAVE: They used to sell Rovers here but I don't think they have been around since the late 70's early 80's. I used to own a 1975 Rover 3500S and absolutely LOVED that car. If not for the constant engine and electrical problems I would still have it today. My favorite quote from the rover owners manual: "Do not exceed 140 mph on regular street tires" Hehehe I tired once...

BTW the last "Rover" sold here was marketed as the "Sterling"

Razors Edge
10-04-2006, 07:15 PM
When i turn like 30, I have an apartment and stuff. Im ganna go pull a bank loan, and buy a $250,000 Ferrari, Drive it around for a week, give it back to the dealer, and pay the bank back the 250k

Then i'll be happy becuase I spent the last week Driving around a Ferrari.

Omega
10-04-2006, 07:35 PM
They won't buy the car back for anywhere near 250k$, try somewhere like 150k$ or 100k$, even if it's a week old.

The moment you drive the car off the lot it's value plummets.

Razors Edge
10-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I'll leese the ferrari, Drive it back there a week later, and stop paying for it. I'll only loose liek a few thousand?

Indybird
10-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Im only 15, but when I graduate from high school or something I hope to get:
Porsche anything...maybe a 60s,70s or 80s 911, maybe even a 90s Boxster.
Obviously not a more expensive one-definitely used though.

If no porsche, then a 96 or 97 Mazda RX7. :)

MitaPi
10-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Its called a rental ^_^

That would be like what? 20k a week? lol

Still, it would be the best week of your life! :D

Dave: Your vehicular is AWESOME! I dont know why, but I really want one now! lol But where are all the LED's?? ;)

oooh ooh.. what you need is a HUGE hood scoop! Like some mammoth 4ft one!

Hey look, crimsons liscense plate! ...I dont know what you could use that for but I just thought I would point it out! ha, bite my ass.. omgosh... I havent laughed that hard in a long time.

OH YEAH...

I am planning on getting a 95' Honda Coupe hopefully sometime at the beginning of next year. Right now I only have a 87' Ford Ranger... :(

95' Civic Coupe
http://takingcareofbusiness.com/vehicles/photos/95HondaCivicDX/95HondaCivicDX014.jpg

87' Ford Ranger (looks something like this.. but not as cool lol)
http://www.truckworld.com/Shows-Events/97-Bloomsburg/Tuff4a.jpg

Crimson Sky
10-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Not sure where the misnomer that american cars are in the shop alot... I have owned 3 different fords for the last 20 years and NEVER had one issue with them. Hell I drove my '91 taurus for 160k miles and only ever changed oil, tires and brakes. My f150 had 200k miles on it when I sold it and did not even burn oil.

Here in NYCity the roads and traffic are unforgiving on cars. The city eats cars and spits them out. You will not get the same mileage out of a Ford Taurus (shades of the notorious K car) or F-150 here. Sure the F-150 is Fords best selling truck, but that doesnt mean I'd personally buy one or recommend it--the average working stiff simply needed an inexpensive, disposable pickup truck and Ford answered the call.

Razors Edge
10-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Crimson, I live like...20 miles away from you.. I live in Ossining, Its in Westchester, Ever heard of it?

Crimson Sky
10-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Crimson, I live like...20 miles away from you.. I live in Ossining, Its in Westchester, Ever heard of it?

LoL..yes my mother in-law lives in Ossining, I go there all the time.

DaveW
10-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Rovers also trade under the name Austin, i found out last night.

Hey MitaPi, i'll sell ya it ;) just pay for shipping and she's yours ;) :D

-Dave

Razors Edge
10-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Dude, you should stop over osmetime, Help me out on modding......

Ironcat
10-05-2006, 10:58 AM
I wish I had a cool car like you guys do... but I drive a minivan. It's a Chrysler Town and Country. Why do I drive a minivan?
A: I am old. Almoat 40.
B: I have 5 kids.
C: This has room for my friends and all of our SCUBA gear in the summer.
D: This has room for my friends and all of our hunting crap in the winter.

Crimson Sky
10-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey look, crimsons liscense plate! ...I dont know what you could use that for but I just thought I would point it out!

There, the pics are all fixed ;) Gotta love the Newegg.com liscense plate frame: "I'd rather be Pimping My PC"

Airbozo
10-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Here in NYCity the roads and traffic are unforgiving on cars. The city eats cars and spits them out. You will not get the same mileage out of a Ford Taurus (shades of the notorious K car) or F-150 here. Sure the F-150 is Fords best selling truck, but that doesnt mean I'd personally buy one or recommend it--the average working stiff simply needed an inexpensive, disposable pickup truck and Ford answered the call.

Yes I would not expect to get that kind of mileage on just city driving. Most of the miles I put on those 2 cars were commute miles (not necessarily highway miles though), and ski trip miles. One of the departments just released a report that the worst roads in the country are in San Jose and San Francisco. I truely believe this given the size of some of the potholes I have swerved to avoid in the last couple of months... Funny thing is, during the last 15k miles on the taurus I was _trying_ to beat the thing up since we were giving it away to the Kidney foundation. I tried everything but rolling it off a cliff to beat it up, including off-roading it in the mountains (had to go get the landcruiser to pull it out...) (ramble ramble ramble)

EDIT: BTW this is similar to my old rover (mine was blue):
http://home.btconnect.com/dmc12/allcars/smallp6892k.jpg

Razors Edge
10-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Everyone take a closer look at Crimson Sky's License plates....

MitaPi
10-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Rovers also trade under the name Austin, i found out last night.

Hey MitaPi, i'll sell ya it ;) just pay for shipping and she's yours ;) :D

-Dave

Rofl, Me? Pay shipping from there to here!? HA! I can barely afford paint right now :p. So tempting though... ;)

Hmmm, I wonder how much that would cost? lol

There, the pics are all fixed ;) Gotta love the Newegg.com liscense plate frame: "I'd rather be Pimping My PC"

ROFL

Airbozo
10-05-2006, 04:32 PM
I wish I had a cool car like you guys do... but I drive a minivan. It's a Chrysler Town and Country. Why do I drive a minivan?
A: I am old. Almoat 40.
B: I have 5 kids.
C: This has room for my friends and all of our SCUBA gear in the summer.
D: This has room for my friends and all of our hunting crap in the winter.

Dude, 40 is not old. 60 is old.

BTW: there is this thing called _birth control_ (hehe just kidding...)

GT40_GearHead
10-05-2006, 04:42 PM
i don't drive ****...

DaveW
10-06-2006, 02:34 PM
i don't drive ****...

I thought you were a car guy?

-Dave

MitaPi
10-06-2006, 02:56 PM
lol thats what I thought too.... ?? AND THE TRUTH COMES OUT! ;) :D :p

Aero
10-06-2006, 05:01 PM

Lol, I get compliments on my Newegg frames all the time8) . People are like "wtf?". And I take that as a compliment.

GT40_GearHead
10-07-2006, 02:18 AM
I thought you were a car guy?

lol thats what I thought too.... ?? AND THE TRUTH COMES OUT!

lol you guys kill me :))

that is the problem, i'm a car guy and for now i aint got no car......
must be the internets

DaveW
10-07-2006, 03:04 PM
must be the internets

Yeah, it's hard to drive all over those tubes. ;)

-Dave

Reyer
10-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Ok I just got bored and got curious. To all the older people on the forum who can drive and have a car. What car do you own or drive, and to us Younger people, what car do you intend on getting when you get ur license? (be realistic)

Me = 1989 Mustang 5.0. no me gusta . if your going to get a mustang atleast get nice one

1967 shelby gt 500

EPYK
10-07-2006, 05:14 PM
we have a scion Tc Release edition..its special...only 1500 in the world

http://digiads.com.au/car-news/images/thumbs/lrg_article_2825-img_0.jpg

MitaPi
10-07-2006, 07:40 PM
no me gusta . if your going to get a mustang atleast get nice one

1967 shelby gt 500

Well if you are going to get a *nice* one, then I insist...

1969 BOSS 429

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/MitaPi/1969fordmustangboss429f.jpg

Just be careful with that gas pedal... It would be unfortunate to have to buy new tires with prices these days. ;)

-Mita

Crimson Sky
10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
that 'stang is just so badass it defies description. I love it in white

MitaPi
10-07-2006, 09:37 PM
There was one on ebay that was COMPLETELY original stock and in EXCELLENT condition.

I almost cried :D

-Mita

CanaBalistic
10-09-2006, 04:26 AM
I havent seen a single car mod yet. Except if you count the licence plate holder. Which im choosing not to count. Dave, that little metro has to go bud. We are men! We cant let the women start picking our cars now can we? :)

I have no licence for the time beeing. When i do get it back i'll be driving a 79 Toyota Corola 2-dr. Yeah i know its not much better than Daves dragster but the huge stereo waiting for a home will make up for any and all short comings.

In a perfect world (yeah right) i'd be driving a Mclaren F1 with a few friends in the back.

Airbozo
10-09-2006, 11:16 AM
I havent seen a single car mod yet. Except if you count the licence plate holder. Which im choosing not to count. Dave, that little metro has to go bud. We are men! We cant let the women start picking our cars now can we? :)

I have no licence for the time beeing. When i do get it back i'll be driving a 79 Toyota Corola 2-dr. Yeah i know its not much better than Daves dragster but the huge stereo waiting for a home will make up for any and all short comings.

In a perfect world (yeah right) i'd be driving a Mclaren F1 with a few friends in the back.

Hehe the Mclaren would NOT be perfect if you could even fit friends in the back...

nil8
10-09-2006, 11:51 AM
I drive a 93 Chevy Caprice Classic. It's an old cop car. Has ~160k miles on it.
Still has sticker on the inside that says "Use Overdrive in high speed pursuit".
Highway travel I get great gas mileage. Stop-and-go driving I get about 13 mpg.
v8 305 small block. Good car, good engine. Hasn't given me major problems after 3 years of routine maintenance.

CanaBalistic
10-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Hehe the Mclaren would NOT be perfect if you could even fit friends in the back...

The Mclaren F1 is a 3 seater. The guys who made it thought, whats the use of making a million dollar car if you cant take a few friends for a ride.

Omega
10-09-2006, 07:17 PM
The Mclaren F1 is a 3 seater. The guys who made it thought, whats the use of making a million dollar car if you cant take a few friends for a ride.

he never said you can't fit people, he said it wouldn't be perfect.

Sure, you'll get one of the fastest cars ever, but for that you sacrafice effeciency, and as far as the suspension goes, it's very very stiff. Imagine hitting a little bump but feeling like it's an earthquake. That's how the suspension would be.

CanaBalistic
10-09-2006, 11:07 PM
I think you got a little off topic with the suspension bit. Anyway, there are no sacrafices made with the worlds best super car. If you are talking about fuel efficiency... If your worried about fule, you belong on your moped...

Airbozo
10-09-2006, 11:58 PM
I think you got a little off topic with the suspension bit. Anyway, there are no sacrafices made with the worlds best super car. If you are talking about fuel efficiency... If your worried about fule, you belong on your moped...

What I meant by the perfect comment is who wants a bunch of back seat drivers sliding around throwing off the weight in the corners...

I think what Omega meant was that driving the F1 on any thing but the best roads would be less than enjoyable. That car would be fun to drive on the track, but not on most roads. If I could afford to drive it, I guess I could afford to build my own track.

Again this would be my compromise (and no back seat to worry about):
www.teslamotors.com

BTW: my moped works just fine to the store and back...

klingelton
10-10-2006, 06:43 AM
you see, everyone here seems to have cars with HUUUUUGGGGEEEE engines etc. what's wrong with a nissan almera, it's water cooled, runs at 90ghz on the motorway quite nicely. the case has only a few minor scratches, no major rust. i modded the front of the case a few years ago in the back of a taxi though.

simon275
10-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Was just reading through this thread when I noticed this

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/486/roflnm3.jpg

Is that really your license plate crimson?

In Australia we can have custom plates but not offensive ones like that.

That must be so good when you over take slow people they can read what they can't hear you saying because your windows are up.

klingelton
10-10-2006, 07:13 AM
it quite obviously is... why would he bother blanking out his licence number on his car before posting it on the internet where everyone can get hold of it and ghost his car! ;)

MitaPi
10-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Thank you, Thank you :D

Read the thread ;)

-Mita

CanaBalistic
10-10-2006, 11:15 PM
you see, everyone here seems to have cars with HUUUUUGGGGEEEE engines etc. what's wrong with a nissan almera, it's water cooled, runs at 90ghz on the motorway quite nicely. the case has only a few minor scratches, no major rust. i modded the front of the case a few years ago in the back of a taxi though.

You modded your Nissan is the back of a taxi... WTF?!?

MitaPi
10-10-2006, 11:18 PM

Ha ha, Now that is pimpin like a G star baby! Thats one taxi I would just have to.... laugh at lol. :bunny:

klingelton
10-11-2006, 04:28 AM

no, i modded my nissan into the back of the taxi at about 30 mph.... :)

Zephik
10-11-2006, 06:25 AM
HA! Now that is funny! :bunny:

How did you manage to pull that one off? It's not every day you manage to NOT see a big bright yellow thing in front of you. :D

-SF

DaveW
10-11-2006, 08:59 AM
He's in london. London taxis are black or just normal cars for private hire.

-Dave

klingelton
10-11-2006, 03:06 PM
i was in leeds at the time, in that sort of dull weather any car is difficult to spot, it was either the taxi, a concrete wall or a coach. i "chose" the taxi...

Zephik
10-11-2006, 05:33 PM
THEY ARE BLACK!? That... is cool! Why does america have yellow taxi's? anyone know? Its not like you can miss one if they were a different color. Especially if you are in... say somewhere like new york. I swear it's like every third car or something...

Lol, good choice. I would of chosen the grandma, but seeing how that wasnt an option... HA! Jk, like I would do that. Maybe a seagull, those things are so annoying. lol and very fun to try and run down in a car :devious:

-SF

Airbozo
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Yes I too wondered about the color of the taxi's in america but can not find any info on it. Now the taxi's are showing up in many color patterns across the country.

I must say that I am also confused by the taxicab yellow cars on the road. That yellow is disgusting and anyone who buys a yellow sports car should be dealt with severly. /end rant/

Crimson Sky
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Was just reading through this thread when I noticed this

Is that really your license plate crimson?.

LoL no, I photochopped that after someone pointed out in an earlier post that my real plate number was visible :p :banana:

Crimson Sky
10-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes I too wondered about the color of the taxi's in america but can not find any info on it. Now the taxi's are showing up in many color patterns across the country.

I must say that I am also confused by the taxicab yellow cars on the road. That yellow is disgusting and anyone who buys a yellow sports car should be dealt with severly. /end rant/

well how else do you hail a friggin' Taxi in NYCity if ya cant see it among the tens of thousands of other vehicles that aren't painted yellow :p Check this out its pretty cool (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/11/nyregion/11taxi.html?ex=1276142400&en=48d095c954cde3d7&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss)

MitaPi
10-11-2006, 06:01 PM
LoL no, I photochopped that after someone pointed out in an earlier post that my real plate number was visible :p :banana:

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Hey look, an army of happy bunnies!

-Mita

well how else do you hail a friggin' Taxi in NYCity if ya cant see it among the tens of thousands of other vehicles that aren't painted yellow :p Check this out its pretty cool (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/11/nyregion/11taxi.html?ex=1276142400&en=48d095c954cde3d7&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss)

Well, just as long as its not one of those box on wheels! I like the features though. Very... futuristic looking.

Airbozo
10-11-2006, 06:05 PM

Thats a great article! I do remember that the yellow of the taxi was because most cars at the time were black so they did want them to stand out. Out here on the left coast taxi's are _mostly_ yellow but are appearing in different colors including black and white checker cabs, white and green, and some "pink" taxi's as well. I only saw 2 of them in SF, but figuring the location, pink is not a stretch. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Zephik
10-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Thats a great article! I do remember that the yellow of the taxi was because most cars at the time were black so they did want them to stand out. Out here on the left coast taxi's are _mostly_ yellow but are appearing in different colors including black and white checker cabs, white and green, and some "pink" taxi's as well. I only saw 2 of them in SF, but figuring the location, pink is not a stretch. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

I've been to san fran! Pretty... um.. well it has a nice view of the ocean and such. OOH! And I saw A PURPLE HOUSE with PINK TRIMMING! That was pretty unique I thought. Especially since most of the houses around it were white or of that nature.

The left coast? lol Wouldnt that be the WEST coast? Since, if you were standing facing south it would then be the right coast. I think... lol now I am just confused.

If I saw a pink taxi heading my way, I think I might start to act like I was busy and wait for the next one. :p

-SF

CanaBalistic
10-12-2006, 12:43 AM
Well, just as long as its not one of those box on wheels! I like the features though. Very... futuristic looking.

Does it really matter? You not going to buy one or drive one. And if your using a taxi, i dont really think your in a position to give any critisim good or bad. :smoker:

Mach
10-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Daily Driver
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4333/subiecu5.jpg

Garage Queen Meme
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7729/careb0.jpg

CanaBalistic
10-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Well i see where you got your name from Mach. Sweet ride you got yourself there.

Feel the Stang of the beast! lol

Chel
10-13-2006, 10:51 AM
I should have had my liscence two years ago but ohwell Im getting it in January now. Im thinking a 240sx (any year, prefferably the older models) or a Golf (prefferably diesel).

Timoi
01-04-2007, 11:59 PM
I do not drive either at the moment and I don't plan on it happening too soon either... not really like my parents will let me drive their cars without a full licence and all more or less reputable driving classes companies ask that you have experience driving road vhiecles... (40 to 80 hours depending on the company)... so yes at 20 I'm still stuck taking the buss.

Anyways Cars... given the condition I don't see me getting one of these soon... but my reasonable dream car (reasonable means that cars with a very high price like a ferrari are excluded) would be a magnum.

Omega
01-05-2007, 03:06 AM
Necomancers? In my forum!?

xO

simon275
01-05-2007, 03:21 AM
I think you are only allowed to necro posts in the modding section like worklogs. I don't know let the moderators decide.

Omega
01-05-2007, 03:52 AM
I think you are only allowed to necro posts in the modding section like worklogs. I don't know let the moderators decide.

Agreed. D=

Worklogs are understandable, I've necromanced mine for a worklog update after a couple of months, etc.

DaveW
01-05-2007, 08:47 AM
This one's not too old. It was driving me up the wall when people were 'mancing things in the trading post from things that were either months old or from banned members...

Anyway. Nah, rock on the car thread, if ya like.

-Dave

GT40_GearHead
01-12-2007, 04:15 AM
hhhhmm i wonder what this feals like for the truck driver ???
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/GT40_GearHead/Pics3.jpg?t=1168589590

i thought some of you guys would like this:rolleyes:

silverdemon
01-12-2007, 04:34 AM
drool, can I pick one? please? just one...

damn nice

Airbozo
01-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Probably more stress on that guy than the driver that hauls explosives across the country.

I am also sure that whenever he stops, he has to disburse the crowd before continuing on.

I'll take the red one in front on top, and let me help you move the others....

public_eyesore
01-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm looking at getting a honda element in september

DaveW
01-12-2007, 12:06 PM
GT, that's a great pic. A really great pic.

-Dave

Bucko
02-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Bah!
None of those cars are any good!

Here's my only car, a 1963 Hillman Super Minx.:smoker:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8730/hillman002zf3.jpg

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2527/hillman003kk6.jpg

It has the all important fluffy dice hanging from the mirror and a skull gear knob too.

Spawn-Inc
02-09-2007, 12:53 AM
well to all you ford owners sorry to hear that you have one. i feel really bad for you guys having to deal with that kind of problem, so lets hope you can pull through and get yourself a nice GM (or gm owned car)

for me once my hvac/refrigeration pay checks start rolling in then i hope to get a 87 Buick Grand national and add another turbo

and get it to be something along these lines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lzqI7wvZvU

(minus having the exhaust out the sides as its illegal)

Airbozo
02-09-2007, 12:53 PM
well to all you ford owners sorry to hear that you have one. i feel really bad for you guys having to deal with that kind of problem, so lets hope you can pull through and get yourself a nice GM (or gm owned car)

Not sure where this came from. I have driven fords for years and never had any serious issue with any of them. I put 160k on a 1991 Taurus and besides routine maintenance only had to replace the brake rotors twice. That was it. I drove a f150 for over 200k and replaced the brake drums twice, and an alternator and a water pump. That said I am not particular to any one brand of car. I have owned Chevy's, Dodge's, Ford's, Toyota's, Subaru's and even a Rover. Of all those cars I spent the least effort and money on my fords, the most on the Rover (damn British electrical systems) and the Toyota's ($350 for a _used_ egr valve!?!?!?!).

Bucko
02-09-2007, 01:48 PM
(damn British electrical systems)

:up: :up:

Yep I know that pain well! I've had a few Hillmans over the years and electrics aren't their strong point. Damn Lucas Electrics!

Reminds me of the joke: "Why do the English drink warm beer?" "Because Lucas make fridges!"

Good old Prince Lucas, Lord of Darkness.

AJ@PR
02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
^^^ GT40, I'll have to agree with DaveW...
That's a great pic.

I'm trying to nail down the cars present.... need some help.

TOP ROW, from the back:::
1234 (!!!), Lamborghini Murciélago, Pagani Zonda (convertible?), Lambo Diablo (looks like a Roadster)

BOTTOM ROW, from the back:::
Pagani Zonda (S version?), Ferrari F50, 5678 (!!!), TVR (??????).

Ok, the "1234" car... I forgot the freaking name. I'm not the usual car-nut today.
If I'm not mistaken, it's a v8 mid-engined (duh)... and the engine is sourced from Audi.
Am I right? Wrong? Please have mercy...

Now, the 5678 car, I have no idea what it is.
I'm inclined to think it's a Mitsubishi Evo or something along those lines.... but then I see the vented rear window/screen... is it vented?
Is it midEngine?
Renault Clio v6?
I have no idea.
Open fenders though.

And the "TVR"... last one.
Is that a TVR?
I have no idea.
That's the best I could make out.

w00t !

Hey Bucko, nice Minx!

Reminds me of the joke: "Why do the English drink warm beer?" "Because Lucas make fridges!"
HAhahAAHa...
God.

GT40_GearHead
02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
well glad you enjoy the pic :D

as for the fist car, that would be an koenigsegg CCX (http://www.automotorsport.se/desktop/petergunnars/koenigsegg.jpg)

ou and GREAT CAR Bucko :D

as for lucas.... GT40's used to have lucas head-lights, you know what they used to do... when you would get to a nice speed, they would go dark, now, when going 200m/h at night, in the Le'mans endurance race, that the last thing you need lol

EPYK
02-10-2007, 12:09 AM
these are my favorite cars:

http://www.autotrack.nl/img/tvr/tuscan.jpg
http://www.gminsidenews.com/Cadillac%20Sixteen.jpg
http://www.theautochannel.com/media/photos/honda/1998/98_honda_prelude_type_sh.jpg
http://www.btgmotoring.com/Merchant2/graphics/XN/300C-front.jpg

Spawn-Inc
02-10-2007, 12:28 AM
oh yesss the cadillac 16 what a great car

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-abc/Cadillac-Sixteen-Concept-Engine-1024x768.jpg

OvRiDe
02-10-2007, 03:32 AM

http://images.ford-trucks.com/pictorial/big/1997_f150_14-1.jpg
I have a 1997 Ford F150, bought it brand new off the showroom floor. Since then I have done absolutely nothing to it, besides changing the oil every 3000 miles, and put a new set of tires on it. I got concerned about the coolant this year, so I had them check it on the last oil change, and it even checked out fine, wasn't even low after 10 years! I have owned 2 Buicks, 2 Chevys, 1 Oldsmobile, 1 Volkswagen, and a Saturn and none of them have let me off that cheap. As you can see I have been pretty much a GM die hard, but I gave the Ford a chance and I can confidently say it didn't let me down. I won't say that I am put off by GM by any means. I am really looking forward to the seeing what the new Camaro will end up like in its true production form as well as the Dodge Challenger. One of them may end up being my indulgence for driving the same vehicle for (well by then it will be) 12 years. Plus it will be my turn any way last year I bought my wife a 2006 Dodge Magnum.
http://www.gaugerclan.com/magnum/Magnum1.jpg
And as you can see I have gotten a much better camera since I bought the truck. :D And as you can see in the background, there is the truck, still looks like the day I bought it.

Spawn-Inc
02-10-2007, 12:23 PM
well my brother is the one who got me to hate fords which i do regardless

i only like 1 ford and 2 half fords

the shelby gt500 (gone in 60 seconds)
http://www.dreams-cars.net/images/Galerie/Shelby/Shelby_GT500_Eleanor_1967/Shelby_GT500_Eleanor_1967_01.jpg

the newer version of the sdhelby gt500 supercharged

http://www.thecarfinders.co.uk/images/2007-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Production-Red-FA-1920x1440.jpg

and the ford synus looks great i love the boxy look not to mention there is a 42" plasma in the back and it has bullet proof headlight covers, window covers and windsheild cover

here is a link to more pics of synus
http://seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2005-Ford-SYNus-Concept.htm

http://archive.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2005/detroit/preview/ford-synus/images/ford-synus01.jpg

Durrthock
02-10-2007, 12:27 PM
hhhhmm i wonder what this feals like for the truck driver ???
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/GT40_GearHead/Pics3.jpg?t=1168589590

i thought some of you guys would like this:rolleyes:

Most people wouldn't even know what those cars are.
I bet thats some collection

GT40_GearHead
02-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I have a 1997 Ford F150, bought it brand new off the showroom floor. Since then I have done absolutely nothing to it, besides changing the oil every 3000 miles, and put a new set of tires on it. I got concerned about the coolant this year, so I had them check it on the last oil change, and it even checked out fine, wasn't even low after 10 years! I have owned 2 Buicks, 2 Chevys, 1 Oldsmobile, 1 Volkswagen, and a Saturn and none of them have let me off that cheap. As you can see I have been pretty much a GM die hard, but I gave the Ford a chance and I can confidently say it didn't let me down. I won't say that I am put off by GM by any means. I am really looking forward to the seeing what the new Camaro will end up like in its true production form as well as the Dodge Challenger. One of them may end up being my indulgence for driving the same vehicle for (well by then it will be) 12 years. Plus it will be my turn any way last year I bought my wife a 2006 Dodge Magnum.

That is a fine selection of cars dear sir !

the Camaro and Challenger concept cars you say.... i don't know, they are walking on thin ice, they are trying to recreate and icon, its close to impossible, the lines are to fat, the muscle is gone, its just computers and air conditioning, and crumble zones bla bla bla
i mean look at them
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/GT40_GearHead/2006-Chevrolet-Camaro-Concept-Creat.jpg

and of course the challenger
http://seriouswheels.com/pics-1970-1979/1972-Dodge-Challenger-Yellow-fa-nf.jpg
and the....
http://seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Dodge-Challenger-Concept-SA-Top-1024x768.jpg

yeah tehy both look great but they should name them something else

GT40_GearHead
02-10-2007, 02:00 PM
well my brother is the one who got me to hate fords which i do regardless

i only like 1 ford and 2 half fords

the shelby gt500 (gone in 60 seconds)
the newer version of the shelby gt500 supercharged
and the ford synus

what do you mean he made you hate ford, did something bad happened ?

and yeah the gt500's are great cars, but i must say that i love the old GT500 http://seriouswheels.com/pics-1960-1969/1968-Shelby-Mustang-KR500-BW-Ad-1280x960.jpg

Spawn-Inc
02-10-2007, 03:49 PM
no nothing bad happened just my family has always had chevs my dad have i think 2 or 3 nova's, cameros, i can't remember what else but i just hate fords and with crap cars like the entire focus line it gives me reason too thats just the way i is

OvRiDe
02-10-2007, 03:53 PM
the Camaro and Challenger concept cars you say.... i don't know, they are walking on thin ice, they are trying to recreate and icon, its close to impossible, the lines are to fat, the muscle is gone, its just computers and air conditioning, and crumble zones bla bla bla

I know where your coming from there but I would have to disagree in some respect. One of the previously mentioned Chevys that I owned is a 3rd Gen Z28. (Actually I still own it .. its in the garage, but has an assortment of issues :( ) The new Camaro represents way more of the muscle car then the 3rd Gen Camaro did. And when it comes to muscle, I believe with 400 HP it will have plenty where it counts. :) and since its using the new Multi Displacement technology getting 30MPG on the highway is a nice bonus. Even the 6 cylinder version will have more power then many of the original V8's did.

1969 - Engine options
250 I6 155hp
Z28: 302 V8 290hp
307 V8 200hp
327 V8 210hp.
327 V8 275hp.
350 LM1 V8 255hp.
(SS350) 350 V8 300hp
(SS396) 396 V8 325hp
(SS396) 396 V8 350hp
(SS396) 396 V8 375hp
(COPO 9561) 427 V8 425hp
(COPO 9560) 427 V8 430hp

I will have to wait and see what the actual production car will be when it hits the dealerships, but if its close to what they are saying, either will suit me just fine. :)

GT40_GearHead
02-10-2007, 04:02 PM
well i do agree with you
in terms of power is has plenty, and there cant be no argument, they will be superior to the older models, new brakes, new suspension, new engines, and i agree all the way, but i was refering(?) to the looks, they just look to damn heavy to me

now i know this is coming from a man that dreams about a car that is 40" high :D

btw did you do anything to your cars till now, i know the truck is stock but what about the others ?

OvRiDe
02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
no nothing bad happened just my family has always had chevs my dad have i think 2 or 3 nova's, cameros, i can't remember what else but i just hate fords and with crap cars like the entire focus line it gives me reason too thats just the way i is
Not trying to start a flame war, but in all honesty GM has had their fair share of Focuses as well.

The X-Body cars (1980-1985 Chevy Citation, Pontiac Phoenix, Buick Skylark, and Oldsmobile Omega
The Aveyo
The Cavalier
And don't forget what they did with the afore mentioned Nova...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/1987_chev_nova.jpg

I guess all I am saying is every manufacturer has its high points and low points, I just try and judge the car for the car, not the emblem on the hood.

Omega
02-11-2007, 01:16 AM
http://chrisnz.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/GTR_NUR_R34_11.jpg

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

:smoker:

EDIT:

Some specs....

http://www.jbskyline.net/R34/GTR/Specs/

OvRiDe
02-11-2007, 04:08 AM
btw did you do anything to your cars till now, i know the truck is stock but what about the others ?

Well as you said yes.. the truck is stock, and since the Magnum is basically a grocery getter and kid hauler, its stock as well.

As for the Camaro, yes you could say it was modified. Due to the way GM decided to run the gauge harness through the dash, it rubs on a metal edge that runs across the dash. Well eventually it caused a short in the oil pressure gauge. Basically it alway read the same pressure no matter what. So I ended up spinning a bearing in it. It had a 2 bolt main 305 in it. So instead of resurrecting that motor, I yanked a 350 4 bolt main out of a 75 Chevy Van. I took it to a machine shop and had it completely redone. Added Aluminum flat top pistons for 9.5 to 1 compression, Edelbrock cam, Edelbrock intake, Holly 680 4 barrel, Hedman headers, 3 inch exahaust, Malory ignition, and more then I can remember. As for the gauges I decided that I wasn't going back with stock, so I redid the dash cluster to use white faced Autometer Speedo and Tach, with matching Sun Volt meter and an honest to God Oil pressure gauge with a copper tube to the block. :) The transmission was a 700R4 that was converted to use ball and check valves so that it didnt rely on the computer any more, and had a neck snapping shift kit. Its funny, I had to leave the computer in the dash unhooked because it happens to be one of the main supports for the top of the dash.. heh A B&M ratchet shifter did all my gear controls. I wanted to get some deeper gears for the differential, but due to the f-body platform, they were pretty expensive, so I hadn't gotten them yet. After I finished the motor and had it all running, I turned to the interior. I had a small stereo business at the time so I was going to fab the rear hatch from scratch. Before I started, I was running Alpine CD, Zapco Studio series amps, MB Quart Mids and Highs, Infinity Midbasses and 4 Kicker 10's for low end. Rockford Fosgate Perfect Interface 180 Amp alternator, Stinger Fuse distribution blocks, and Lightning Audio Caps completed the power side of things. Once I started tearing out the interior, I discovered the car had been T boned and wasn't put back that well. I had bought it used 3rd hand. So I came to grips with that and then I lost the transmission. I had never put a 700R4 back together, and when replacing the torque converter, I made a mistake. I treated it like a 350TH, which meant I didn't get it seated all the way. It worked for a while but eventually it ate out the pump. When it was running it ran GREAT! Never got it to the track but I had planned to make a few passes, if only to see what it could do. I did end up getting the tranny rebuilt, but I guess that was the last straw. I took it back to the place that originally built it for me. What I didn't realize was they had changed owners. When I picked it up, it still wasn't shifting right. I drove it right back, but it was closing time and they said to bring it back in the morning. When I got there the next morning, they were GONE! Completely packed up and left nothing but a bare shop. The moral to this story is always drive your car, BEFORE you give them the money! :redface: The transmission didn't last long, and by that time I needed to get something else to get back and forth to work. So I picked up a Saturn and the Camaro has been sitting in the garage ever since. I am most likely going to pull the motor and part out the body. Hopefully one day I will find the right car for the motor and begin a new project. Wow.. this really turned into a long post.. so blame GT40 ... He did ask.. hahaha

isunktheship
02-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Most people wouldn't even know what those cars are.
I bet thats some collection

In response, those are Pagani Zondas, extremely pwn cars.

Okay, so I'm a car fanatic; this is hard for me...

First, I drive a Black Honda Accord, '98, V-6 V-Tech engine, very fast for it's looks. I haven't done anything 'extreme' or 'ricey' to it, so it's all stock.

I am constantly getting raced my other 'riced' out cars who thing I drive a stock 4-cylinder accord. 1997 was the first year that accords were made with v-6 engines, and my model was primarily a 4-cylinder car.

For the future I would love to own a few cars:
I want to build a Shelby Cobra kit car, that would be amazing. (Even better, owning one of the few originals)
http://www.pictures-of-cars.com/AC-Shelby-Cobra.jpg

If I decide not to do that I would either get a Zonda, Ferrari (enzo), or Lamborghini. In that order.

Chances are I'm not going to have that kind of money, so I want to get a T-rex.
http://au.carnewstoday.com/car-news/images/thumbs/lrg_article_5258-img_0.jpg

Or maybe a Lotus... this is an exige.
http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/lotus_exige_gt3.jpg

Or a Nissan Skyline... the old illegal one.

lol, too hard to make a decision.

...and if I do get rich and own 1/4 of the world, a Bugatti Veyron of course.
http://www.caradisiac.com/media/images/le_mag/mag288/bugatti-veyron-niv.jpg

simon275
02-11-2007, 07:21 AM
My dad has always drove Volvo's.

http://www.militarysalesjapan.com/i/cars/xc70.jpg
(Stock Photo)

And I drive Holdens (gm)

http://myspace-875.vo.llnwd.net/01343/57/81/1343321875_l.jpg

GT40_GearHead
02-11-2007, 05:05 PM
I must a also like Volvo's, the S80 is a also a very nice car

@OvRiDe what can you tell me about the 1991 Corvette ZR1 :D

GT40_GearHead
02-11-2007, 05:18 PM
In response, those are Pagani Zondas, extremely pwn cars.

Okay, so I'm a car fanatic; this is hard for me...

First, I drive a Black Honda Accord, '98, V-6 V-Tech engine, very fast for it's looks. I haven't done anything 'extreme' or 'ricey' to it, so it's all stock.

I am constantly getting raced my other 'riced' out cars who thing I drive a stock 4-cylinder accord. 1997 was the first year that accords were made with v-6 engines, and my model was primarily a 4-cylinder car.

For the future I would love to own a few cars:
I want to build a Shelby Cobra kit car, that would be amazing. (Even better, owning one of the few originals)

If I decide not to do that I would either get a Zonda, Ferrari (enzo), or Lamborghini. In that order.

Chances are I'm not going to have that kind of money, so I want to get a T-rex.
Or maybe a Lotus... this is an exige.
Or a Nissan Skyline... the old illegal one.
lol, too hard to make a decision.

...and if I do get rich and own 1/4 of the world, a Bugatti Veyron of course.

woow

kit cars !!
man thats what i would love to do, get a kit, a GT40, Superformance GT40 (http://www.superformance.com/)

as for your selection of cars, what can i say, i can only wish you luck, i must say the zonda is very dramatic car, that thing has persona!

but for a more closer to earth option i would say go for the lotus, that is a remarkable car, did you know they glued it together

OvRiDe
02-11-2007, 07:22 PM
OvRiDe what can you tell me about the 1991 Corvette ZR1 :D

Honestly, I kind of lost interest in the Vette after 1984. It wasn't until the most recent body style that I have really started to like it again. I'm not saying it wasn't a good car or anything, just didn't necessarily appeal to me. Now I must say the ZR1 was a very cool car in '91. I was working in a autotrim shop, tinting windows, and actually got to drive one from a dealership to the shop. I had one of the sales guys with me so I had to be pretty conservative. It was pretty difficult, it was VERY touchy. He waited for it to be tinted and then he took me back to pick up the shop car. He drove on the way back, lets just say he wasn't as conservative as I was.:devious: The car was bad to the bone, let me tell ya. 60MPH on the highway, he dropped it from 5th to 2nd and punched it. The back wheels broke loose, and when they hooked up, we were doing somewhere in the neighbor hood of 130 in just a few blinks. The motor was pretty revolutionary for the time. All alluminum, and assembled about 50 miles from where I live, in Stillwater, OK. I didn't really understand why they contracted Mercury Marine but they did a phenomenal job. My Dad got a full tour of the plant when they were adding some gasoline storage tanks. He is a structural engineer and was contracted to do the engineering. He said it was quite an operation, but was surprised that size of it. It is really a pretty small shop. He said they dyno each motor after it is assembled, if it didn't reach the specified HP, the motor was completely torn down, and reassembled. He brought back a Dyno slip of a motor that was done while he was there, and it read 914HP. Of course thats measured at the crank, since it wasn't in a car. :D

LiTHiUM0XiD3
02-11-2007, 07:30 PM
i got a 91 chevy beretta GTZ....... 3.1 6 cyl...... with a modified corvette exaust...... from the cat back.....(cant remember which yr..) cold air intake.... the nice lil bits..... dropped 2 inches and on stock rims... might be able to find a pic..... will post if i can...

GT40_GearHead
02-12-2007, 11:22 AM
mmhhhmm that is a sweet car you got there CHIMAERA !

@OvRiDe: talk about the wheels man, those things are wider than double wheel trucks :|

i made a few circles around it today... it has a few battle scars, nothing major, but the rubber trim around the windows is in VERY bad shape, the rubber is aged and need replacing, its been in the weather for some years, damn, I want car, do you have any ideas on what should i look for, like how i know if its been hit, or other issues

I'm having a hard time finding the owner, and lets say a find him, what do i do ,I just show up at his door, i don't want to freak the man out......

damn this car, its getting me very pumped up

Airbozo
02-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Simon; In the US we laugh at people driving Volvo's. Yes the new generation are not quite the ugly creeper of days past, but it is going to be hard for Volvo to shake the Granny-mobile image it has had for decades. There used to be a web page called the "highway 17 page of shame" that invariably featured a sloooow ass volvo in the left lane, refusing to move to the right to let others pass... Check it!;
http://web.archive.org/web/20001201233800/got.net/~egallant/guilty.html

Chevy VS Ford.
This feud has been around forever and will be around for long after I am gone. It is like the beer wars. Whatever feels good and works for you!
RE: Nova; About a decade ago when Chevy was still producing the nova, I was working at a company that installed the emergency evacuation system at NUMI (New United Motors Inc.) (a joint manufacturing effort by Chevy and Toyota). Toyota raised concerns that the quality of the nova was dragging down the quality of another one of their cars produced on the same line. (camry I think) Toyota made such a big fuss about it, Chevy went back and changed the way certain things were done to improve the quality of the car. It did not work so they canceled the model shortly there after (at least they stopped making it in Freemont).

Luke122
02-12-2007, 02:16 PM
2006 Ford Escape XLT.. my new toy as of 1 week before xmas. Traded in the 97 Astrovan LT to get it.

Also, I have my summer beater, which will be on the road in June-ish.. I hope. 1986 Pontiac Acadian, also known to the rest of the world as a Chevette. WOOT. 1.6l 4cyl, 5spd, 2 doors, and no interior. I gutted it right out, and yes, what a difference in performance without the extra weight. :D

Short Modder
02-13-2007, 11:31 PM
I want something with a diesel engine. Runs fairly good. Preferably a '99-'07 F-350 SuperDuty CrewCab Dually with Power Stroke Diesel. I'll probably get my dad's truck which happens to be the one I want.
Dad's Truck #1 (http://www.pbase.com/jfoster/image/70779801)
Dad's Truck #2 (http://www.pbase.com/jfoster/image/70779257)
Dad's Old Truck (http://www.pbase.com/jfoster/image/70779800)

AM General made Hummers w/ diesels also, so I wouldn't mind having one of these too.
Diesel Hummer (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v601/jfoster48386/Canon%20300D/Planes%20Trains%20and%20Automobiles/?action=view&current=Hummer.jpg)

My dream car would be a 1971 Chevy Chevelle, black with twin silver racing stripes and a nice vinyl top, also a 442 big-block Chevy. One ironic thing is that I already have my engine!

xRyokenx
02-13-2007, 11:35 PM
I have a '93 Toyata Tacoma that's a little beat up, but runs fine. I'd really like a SMART, those things are cool. Well, that or a Dodge Magnum (my dad's company car is this year's model), preferably black, or a black Ford Focus.

LesediMelania
03-20-2010, 03:30 AM
The standard Boxster engine was also increased to 2.7L putting out 217 BHP. In 2002 the power output was increased yet again to 262 BHP and 220 BHP .

03-20-2010, 04:57 AM
My parents love their cars
http://www.cardatabase.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00116220&size=large
http://www.cardatabase.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00116365&size=large
http://www.cardatabase.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00116177&size=large
http://www.cardatabase.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00117695&size=large
and the pride of our family
http://www.cardatabase.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00116219&size=large

BuzzKillington
07-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Spam? lol

billygoat333
07-16-2011, 08:08 AM
probably. on another note... my 1995 Saturn SL1 that I was getting 40+mpg out of just kicked the bucket... or should I say blew its head gasket. weak. Now I have to buy a new car... :( (it isn't cost effective to fix the head gasket as the engine already has 230k+ miles and the clutch and other problems are manifesting)...

mDust
07-16-2011, 11:43 AM
probably. on another note... my 1995 Saturn SL1 that I was getting 40+mpg out of just kicked the bucket... or should I say blew its head gasket. weak. Now I have to buy a new car... :( (it isn't cost effective to fix the head gasket as the engine already has 230k+ miles and the clutch and other problems are manifesting)...

Does it still run at all? If so, try a bottle of steel seal. I've heard good things about it but never needed to use it myself. At least you'd still have a car until you can find a replacement...

HackSore
07-17-2011, 04:45 PM
I have a 3.6 Ford Capere (sorry very drunk atm lol)

Nice! been wanting a capri (presuming you ment capri..lol) for years now, its my realistic dream car!
Love the whole american muscle car look and the capri seems to be pretty much the only thing like that available for a realistic price in the uk.

Currently driving a clapped out mk6 Ford Escort.

altec
07-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Does it still run at all? If so, try a bottle of steel seal. I've heard good things about it but never needed to use it myself. At least you'd still have a car until you can find a replacement...

Might as well just squeeze the snake yourself. :D

xr4man
07-18-2011, 12:54 PM
just delivered my cosworth to it's new owner. now i'm down to just 3 cars.

of course i'm already looking at some nice $600 toyota econo-boxes.

billygoat333
07-18-2011, 03:40 PM

yes it still runs... I have thought about trying something like that.

mDust
07-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Might as well just squeeze the snake yourself. :D

I've been pleasantly surprised by 'obvious' snake oil products in the past. I'm always skeptical unless someone I know has good experiences and recommends such a product to me...so I can't really blame you.
I've seen debates online saying 'They wouldn't answer the phone or any of my emails. Scam!' and 'They answered my calls, emails and all questions just fine. Also, the product worked.' I've also seen 'It didn't work for me.' and 'It worked for me and I've driven X amount of miles!' It really depends on how significant the damage to the gasket and/or heads is. If it's leaking or slightly cracked, it'll probably work just fine. If the gasket is mangled or missing a piece or the head is warped or cracked, it may not work at all. If you want to keep the car but it's not worth sinking 1-1.5k into it, Steel Seal and similar products are a bargain. If you plan on keeping the car for the rest of your life, I'd recommend the proper fix.

altec
07-18-2011, 05:04 PM
In the case of a head gasket, if it is bad enough to notice, nothing is going to help. And if you have something that COULD fill a blown head gasket, what else is it going to fill? Both the cooling system, and the oiling systems use small passages to send their respective liquids through the system. I see enough blockages enough without dumping something into the car designed to block things...

Some good stuff out there, like different fuel system cleaners, and engine cleaning additives. Even stuff like Sea Foam has a place. The amazing fixer stuff out there just doesn't do it though...

As for fixing the problem. Intakes, and head gaskets on most cars can be done over a weekend with normal hand tools, and a couple rented tools. Plenty of books on the subject out there, and if you have a knowledgeable friend to help, you are good to go. As long as you don't buy to much beer, you'll be in it for very little money...

Head gasket, intake gasket, timing chain/belt, and any application specific items will give you a engine that is ready for many more miles... Most cars made in the last 20 years end up having the engine out last the car themselves anyway.

Hell, in billy's case, the head gasket will be easier then the clutch... His car is a I4 with a good bit of room, and a basic intake system that mounts behind the head (Not over the freaking valve cover! Stupid Chrysler...). Pretty straight forward. In fact, looking at the engine bay, I might be able to do the job without even removing the intake. The biggest thing would be getting the accessories off, the engine mount off, and getting the timing chain cover off. After that, it should be smooth sailing.

mDust
07-18-2011, 06:50 PM
In the case of a head gasket, if it is bad enough to notice, nothing is going to help. And if you have something that COULD fill a blown head gasket, what else is it going to fill? Both the cooling system, and the oiling systems use small passages to send their respective liquids through the system. I see enough blockages enough without dumping something into the car designed to block things...

Some good stuff out there, like different fuel system cleaners, and engine cleaning additives. Even stuff like Sea Foam has a place. The amazing fixer stuff out there just doesn't do it though...

Sounds a little paranoid to be honest, but reasonably so. Modern chemistry is crazily advanced. There are polymers that have been invented that have radically different properties in different environments and circumstances. I honestly don't know how they all function, but I know such things exist so it's easier for me to swallow claims such as 'X product does this and this without affecting this, this, or this.'

As for fixing the problem. Intakes, and head gaskets on most cars can be done over a weekend with normal hand tools, and a couple rented tools. Plenty of books on the subject out there, and if you have a knowledgeable friend to help, you are good to go. As long as you don't buy to much beer, you'll be in it for very little money...

This depends heavily on the model, how bad the designing engineers decided to f*** the owner over, and mechanical inclination of the owner. It's been my experience that straightforward jobs are never straightforward. Every time I tear into anything under my hood I end up finding something else that needs fixing as well. Also, there is no such thing as too much beer.

Most cars made in the last 20 years end up having the engine out last the car themselves anyway.

Especially in states like mine that throw salt on the roads in the winter. My last vehicle rusted so bad underneath that the frame failed in a couple of places...:facepalm:

billygoat333
07-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Honestly, I have been looking around for a new car for awhile, if I thought I would be keeping this car longer than another 6 months anyway I would just drop in a DOHC 1.9 instead of the SOHC 1.9 for a nice tidy 24hp gain. lol but alas, the body is falling apart, the clutch is toast and subframe is bent. not worth fixing... I was just driving it until it died. I might give the stop seal a test drive, just to see what happens. haha the car is just sitting there, waiting for me to scrap it.

altec
07-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Sounds a little paranoid to be honest, but reasonably so. Modern chemistry is crazily advanced. There are polymers that have been invented that have radically different properties in different environments and circumstances. I honestly don't know how they all function, but I know such things exist so it's easier for me to swallow claims such as 'X product does this and this without affecting this, this, or this.'

Oh, I am a paranoid SOB! :D When it comes to automotive work though, I can only speak from experience. I just hate to see people risk getting in a spot where they have more trouble then when they started. The insane directions alone get me with some of the fixes. I knew one guy who went through hell without of those fixes for a slight coolant leak on a head gasket. I think he even cut the head off a cat over the intake per the directions. :D I felt really bad. The money, and time he put into it making sure everything was done correct. :(

This depends heavily on the model, how bad the designing engineers decided to f*** the owner over, and mechanical inclination of the owner. It's been my experience that straightforward jobs are never straightforward. Every time I tear into anything under my hood I end up finding something else that needs fixing as well. Also, there is no such thing as too much beer.

Without a doubt. Namely, any FWD V6, full size vans, Ford trucks, and a list I don't like thinking about... You gotta know when to put the dog down sometimes, but finding that time is the trick. The old ladies car is getting a new transmission soon because it isn't quite time...

Especially in states like mine that throw salt on the roads in the winter. My last vehicle rusted so bad underneath that the frame failed in a couple of places...:facepalm:

Haha! Don't even get me started! My truck needed a new frame because a couple plowing seasons rusted out the steering box area to nothing, and the frame rails had pieces of rust that looked like potato chips coming off!

CorsePerVita
07-21-2011, 03:24 AM
If a head gasket is blown, those additive things are really something you should see as a temporary fix. Ultimately, if a gasket is blown it's because it's aged and old (which means the rest of the gasket is just as bad, or on it's way), because it was installed improperly, or because of another factor that led up to the failure. Any time that happens, it should not be ignored, just take it apart, fix it and do it right, then you can drive down the highway without the lingering pin pricks stabbing your brain in the back going, "Failure is looming... failure is looming..."

I've seen everything from a blown out gasket between two cylinders, to small cracks, to sealing issues, badly torqued down heads, there are a LOT of things that can cause the failures.

Not to say those things can't help... but I'd only use it if I had no other way to get to work, had no alternatives, couldn't get it in a shop and had plans to get it fixed soon.

I'm super finicky when it comes to that stuff, so I would rather have a rental car and park it till I can fix it, than chance the engine having contaminated oil.

billygoat333
07-21-2011, 03:26 AM
what about, eh, the car is not worth the effort or money to fix, and if I can eek a few more months out of it driving to and from work then I can buy a nicer car? lol

CorsePerVita
07-21-2011, 03:26 AM
Well if you don't give a crap about the car, then whatevs. XD hahaha that's a different story.

CorsePerVita
07-21-2011, 03:29 AM
There's always this when you're done then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomkUzSGGnc&feature=related

billygoat333
07-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Haha awesome!! I'm thinking about cutting off the roof and making a 4 door convertible. Haha

Twigsoffury
07-24-2011, 10:06 AM
04' Wrangler with 4.0L V6

10 headlamps and 33" tires

BuzzKillington
08-01-2011, 07:29 AM
^read his posts. The weirdest spam strategy, ever. lol

Twigsoffury
08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
^read his posts. The weirdest spam strategy, ever. lol

Asperger's syndrome is a very strange thing indeed.

Also makes you wickedly good at a few subjects. I could tell you a sentence you said to me 10 years in the future with perfect clarity and also tell you what clothes you were wearing even the color of your shoe laces and if they still had the plastic tips, what you were standing on and the surrounding area, how many trees there were and what kind, the time of day, the weather and if you had shaved.

Can also pretty much tell you which processor sockets were used for which processor, and the ram it uses and the compatible chipsets for it all the way back to Socket 2 or earlier (238 pins,16mhz fsb,5v and it supported the x486 processors) aspergers comes in handy when your working on random computers, I've already absorbed about every computer book and article i could ever get my hands on.

I was the only person in a company of 80 people who knew you had to populate all four banks to get SIMM ram to work. and what RIMM ram was and why you needed blanks for them to work.... lol strange.

I can pretty much remember anything i want to if it peaks my interest and recall it at a later point in time. even years later.

lol i'm also really good at knowing the names of cars, I can tell the majority of cars just by the shape of the tail lights alone. some cars i can even remember the packages they came with and what package is installed on it.

if your not familar with AS, you can read up on the wiki. then my posts won't seem so spamish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

And i'm not quite the person you would think i am if you met me in person. I probably wouldn't utter more then a few words to you, never look you in the eyes ( I really don't like doing that, i just feel compelled to not look at you) and fidget every once and awhile, although i've learned to actively deny my fidgets over the years it just takes practice.

oh yea, and never put your children on medication for ADD,ADHD or autism, it'll f@#k your child up for life, I was lucky enough my mother always c@#k blocked the schools from medicating me, so instead of being intoxicated i learned to deal with my problems and function rather normally outside of a few social quirks.

However my friend who was in a similar situation is now a walking zombie due to about 16 years of pharmaceuticals. lol he constantly ticks (shakes his arms and tweaks his neck..not from aspergers either) he also has sezuires, randomly yells things and will probably end up in the physco ward inside of 10 years.

Hey but he didn't act out in class like i did!

Cale_Hagan
08-01-2011, 07:45 PM
i have a 2004 scion xb, i should post some picks, its awesome what i have done :D

CorsePerVita
08-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I think you and I are more similar than I'd ever think, twigs lol.

Twigsoffury
08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I think you and I are more similar than I'd ever think, twigs lol.

I am pretty handy with a wrench or a soldering iron.

BuzzKillington
08-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Twigs, there was a guy that posted after you that was just posting definitions of thread titles. They must have deleted him. I wasn't talking about you haha. Sorry about the misunderstanding man.

Title of the thread: cars
His post was like a wiki entry on what a car was. All 5 of his posts were the definition of the thread topic. lol

CorsePerVita
08-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Haha really? That's weird.

Twigsoffury
08-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Twigs, there was a guy that posted after you that was just posting definitions of thread titles. They must have deleted him. I wasn't talking about you haha. Sorry about the misunderstanding man.

Title of the thread: cars
His post was like a wiki entry on what a car was. All 5 of his posts were the definition of the thread topic. lol

strange.

stranger then i (and that is hard to top sometimes)

*puts cheese-it on head while doing jumping jacks in a one wheeled canoe*

Cale_Hagan
08-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Asperger's syndrome is a very strange thing indeed.

Also makes you wickedly good at a few subjects. I could tell you a sentence you said to me 10 years in the future with perfect clarity and also tell you what clothes you were wearing even the color of your shoe laces and if they still had the plastic tips, what you were standing on and the surrounding area, how many trees there were and what kind, the time of day, the weather and if you had shaved.

Can also pretty much tell you which processor sockets were used for which processor, and the ram it uses and the compatible chipsets for it all the way back to Socket 2 or earlier (238 pins,16mhz fsb,5v and it supported the x486 processors) aspergers comes in handy when your working on random computers, I've already absorbed about every computer book and article i could ever get my hands on.

I was the only person in a company of 80 people who knew you had to populate all four banks to get SIMM ram to work. and what RIMM ram was and why you needed blanks for them to work.... lol strange.

I can pretty much remember anything i want to if it peaks my interest and recall it at a later point in time. even years later.

lol i'm also really good at knowing the names of cars, I can tell the majority of cars just by the shape of the tail lights alone. some cars i can even remember the packages they came with and what package is installed on it.

if your not familar with AS, you can read up on the wiki. then my posts won't seem so spamish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

And i'm not quite the person you would think i am if you met me in person. I probably wouldn't utter more then a few words to you, never look you in the eyes ( I really don't like doing that, i just feel compelled to not look at you) and fidget every once and awhile, although i've learned to actively deny my fidgets over the years it just takes practice.

oh yea, and never put your children on medication for ADD,ADHD or autism, it'll f@#k your child up for life, I was lucky enough my mother always c@#k blocked the schools from medicating me, so instead of being intoxicated i learned to deal with my problems and function rather normally outside of a few social quirks.

However my friend who was in a similar situation is now a walking zombie due to about 16 years of pharmaceuticals. lol he constantly ticks (shakes his arms and tweaks his neck..not from aspergers either) he also has sezuires, randomly yells things and will probably end up in the physco ward inside of 10 years.

Hey but he didn't act out in class like i did!

haha speaking of rimm ram, i got a free motherboard out of that issue, at the school i go to, a guy left his mobo a few years before i got there, he was upgradding the ram from 2x256mb sticks to 3.... lol and no crim ram. so i bought crimm ram, teacher said i could have it, just took out the 256mb stick, two crimms, then vwaa-laa. p4. funny thing is, it was an intel confidential chip, which arn't too mainstream. only serial memory to history, if i remember correctly.

edit: forgot to tell you he left it because he thought it was dead, and so did my computer teacher, an electronics engineer. he had hella p1's under there. including simm boards.

Cale_Hagan
08-03-2011, 03:56 AM
i have a 2004 scion xb, i should post some picks, its awesome what i have done :D

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/165/20110310105545.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/20110310105545.jpg/)

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5896/20110513193144.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/232/20110513193144.jpg/)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9883/20110621155756.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/20110621155756.jpg/)

ive done a few more things, like an awesome front bumper sticker, offset front license plate, upgraded to a k&n typhoon air filter, and whatnot. sounds amazing! :D

xr4man
08-03-2011, 01:19 PM
i particularly like how you have transformed it into an amphibious craft. is it difficult to flip it upside down to put it in the water?

Cale_Hagan
08-03-2011, 02:21 PM
i particularly like how you have transformed it into an amphibious craft. is it difficult to flip it upside down to put it in the water?

well, it is pretty damn lightweight. the sideing feels weaker than a tin can. front crash rating is good, but side is poor, barely made it to the us.... haha. i could try, get a team of 4 people, it is light. driving with the canoe on top was hard, it wanted to make my car fly.... maybe wings next? :whistler:

xr4man
08-03-2011, 04:40 PM
what's freaky is that the laws of physics don't seem to matter for a scion xb. the inside is bigger than the outside.

Twigsoffury
08-03-2011, 07:59 PM
what's freaky is that the laws of physics don't seem to matter for a scion xb. the inside is bigger than the outside.

Toyota Echo is the same way.

well, it is pretty damn lightweight. the sideing feels weaker than a tin can. front crash rating is good, but side is poor, barely made it to the us.... haha. i could try, get a team of 4 people, it is light. driving with the canoe on top was hard, it wanted to make my car fly.... maybe wings next? :whistler:

Yall know why Jeep Wranglers have one of the best Side impact crash ratings?

http://media.motortopia.com/files/2170/vehicle/45594ab68a1c5/Jeepcarflex1.jpg

Because jeep wranglers sit so high, the hood of your car is going right under me

[|: P

x88x
08-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Just don't get hit by a Hummer... :whistler:

Cale_Hagan
08-05-2011, 05:18 AM

HAHA it's SOO TRUE! :banana: it's scary roomy. :eek:

Twigsoffury
08-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Just don't get hit by a Hummer... :whistler:

A Jeep Wrangler always wins.

http://www.jeepfan.com/images/jeep-hummer5.jpg