PDA

View Full Version : Info on lighting

moOmL
10-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Turns out lights are much more complicated that i thought. Anyone know where i can find some information on lighting?

Like how to set up LEDs in my case and what kind of lights to use. Also things like UV lights and such. I just really don't understand it much and need ALOT of information on it.

If found bits of information though google, but not nearly enough info.

moOmL
10-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Anyone have any info? Any websites or anything relevant?

GT40_GearHead
10-10-2006, 02:01 PM
well you should fine lots of info on the board, just use the search button

but before you do that tell us more about what you want to use them for,
to help us help you

moOmL
10-11-2006, 12:08 AM
I need to know what kind of lights to use in what places. I need to know what kind of lights can be UV active... or reactive or whatever.

I need to know the kind of LED lights to buy, and where to buy them. I also need to know how to get power to these lights.

And thanks for replying, even though this thread is in the wrong section.

edit: I forgot that there isn't only 2 threads in "the light switch" section. I forgot to change it to threads "from the beginning". Theres alot of information in those other threads. So i'll read up on that.

Chingas
10-15-2006, 02:47 AM
There are many sites out there and places to purchase such lights you speak of. One of my favorites has to be xoxide. No one ever taught me lighting or "showed me the way" but with enough trial and error you can do just about anything. I get a good glow effect using 12-15" cold cathode tubes. These generate next to no heat so no worries, brother. I try to hide these on the inside window panel above, below, bot whatever of the window for effect. I'll take single or triple led's and generally backlight something...like a cut out or etch. A far easier approuch to lighting, just to livin' something dead is to stratigicaly replace your case fans/blow hole fans with lighted fans.

Next....not to worry about the power source. Almost all these store bought lights come with molex adapters, just sleeve the wires, route them clean, and plug em in. Some come with on/off switches that need to be installed as a rack on the back of your pc, you know where the video/audio/pci-xxx cards go, so be weary.

As for UV reactive...well, remember the nineties, yeah that's right. Blacklight...UV...almost one in the same. Basically, you buy tubing, rope, wire, string, paint, fans, whatever that are UV reactive...then install blacklights, cold cathode work well, and adjust the lights shine to how much you want the "thing" to glow.

Back to basice. Lights are cheap, and the best way to learn is by doing, well i think so. So, grab some lights, try some different things out, and go to town.

---Chingas---