PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed - Carbon

MitaPi
10-09-2006, 03:39 AM
What do you guys think of the sneak previews for this game? I personaly LOVE the Need for Speed Series. I cant wait untill this one comes out!

-Mita

podpet24
10-19-2006, 08:57 AM
This game looks freakin' awesome! It'll probably be one of the first recent games I'll buy just for my comp, now that I've got a decent rig. What I've been waiting for is a Forza on somewhat open tracks. Now, I've got Forza looking hella-cool, with way more mods for the cars.

Zephik
10-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Here is some linkage in case some of you are feeling a bit on the lazy side today. Ha, like you guys would be lazy right? ;)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/718/718352p1.html

Does anyone know if the PC version has free online play? Or the XBOX version for that matter.

-SF

podpet24
10-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Well, the xbox version will have the Xbox Live. Surely it'll be free to play online. The only games I know of that you have to pay for to play online are MMORPG's.

Zephik
10-19-2006, 11:34 AM
I always thought that Xbox Online cost monthly??

-SF

podpet24
10-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, yeah, but other than that...

It just goes along the lines of you gotta pay the provider before you can use the service.

Zephik
10-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh okay.. so wait... do you have to pay for both the internet connection and xbox live.. or just the internet connection?

If I have to pay for both I would rather get it for PC. I'm better with a keyboard anyways :P

-SF

podpet24
10-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Well, you have your internet connection you connect everything to. And then you have the xbox live service to pay for. I'd probably just get it on pc, because the online would probably be free (hopefully), and depending on your comp specs, it would probably look better.

public_eyesore
10-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Im gonna says it probably free, most games except mmo's are

Razors Edge
10-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Guys, On box 360 Live you can download a demo of Carbon. And yes, this is the best NFS yet

klingelton
10-25-2006, 07:25 AM
i said it in a previous post. PC FTW!!

Airbozo
11-08-2006, 12:09 PM
NFS Carbon is great fun. Other than being just an updated version of Most Wanted, the game really is fun to play (as with all the NFS titles). The graphics are sweet, the sounds are good and I like the teritory concept of the game. Keep you on your toes. The cops have better AI and the wingman idea is tops. The first time I played it took me 15 minutes to shake the cops and I was taking out all the obstacles too.

Another hit for EA! Watch their stock rise!

podpet24
11-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I agree. This game is pretty sweet. The only thing, though, is the removal of some of the parts you can add to the car, like taking out neon and tail-lights. Other than that, though, all I can say is the sound of slamming into a cop car going 220 mph never sounded so good on my surround sound!

b4i7
11-08-2006, 12:52 PM
im surprised gt40 hasnt posted in this thread yet...

Airbozo
11-08-2006, 01:10 PM
I agree. This game is pretty sweet. The only thing, though, is the removal of some of the parts you can add to the car, like taking out neon and tail-lights. Other than that, though, all I can say is the sound of slamming into a cop car going 220 mph never sounded so good on my surround sound!

Hehe,, my dogs were all upset on monday night because I had the house rumbling. great sound on this game. I picked up the collectors edition and it comes with a dvd that has some nice info on how they got the sounds. Went out to a track with some good recording gear and captured the sounds from inside the cars, outside the cars and from trackside to get the doppler effect of the engine... Sweet stuff. I think I will leave the dogs outside tonight for a while!

silverdemon
11-08-2006, 04:35 PM
I like the overall idea of the game, and graphics are very nice too, but I think it is a little bit more like an arcade game than most wanted was. I don't know, maybe that is because of the nightscene (like underground) but I think most wanted was more realistic (in gameplay) than carbon is...

Airbozo
11-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I like the overall idea of the game, and graphics are very nice too, but I think it is a little bit more like an arcade game than most wanted was. I don't know, maybe that is because of the nightscene (like underground) but I think most wanted was more realistic (in gameplay) than carbon is...

I agree. This is an arcade version of Most Wanted. My biggest issue with most wanted was the cops were too easy to elude. Carbon seems to have improved the AI for the chippies. Otherwise it does seem like the same game with parts missing. More drift races on regular streets in carbon too. Makes it alot harder to win them (so far).

CanaBalistic
11-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Carbon is coming out on PS3 also. There wont by any charges to play PS3 games online.

Zephik
11-08-2006, 11:13 PM
DANGIT! lol

Why is the most ugliest (imo) system that has free online play? lol

Wait... what am I talking about? PC is free too! lol

-SF