PDA

View Full Version : Garry's Mod

.Maleficus.
10-14-2006, 06:20 PM
I've been playing around with it for a few hours now, and I decided to download some new models. BUT, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them into the game. I have the .zip file containing all the model crap, but, now what? Where does it go? I do I load them once they are in the right folder?

Thanks for any help!

Maleficus

simon275
10-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Hmm I have had garry's mod for quite a while though let me see If i can remmber how to load in extra gear. You do know you need to turn it on first in the options menu once you have put it in the right place which is

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\gmod9\mods

then dump the directiory in there so
-----------------------------------------------
for example I have vmod which gives you extra cars so in the directory there is a folder called

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\gmod9\mods\ Vmod

and in that there are materials, models, scripts, setting, sounds and a textfile called ModInfo.txt I just copied vmod out of the zip file and dumped it in

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\gmod9\mods
------------------------------------------------

.Maleficus.
10-15-2006, 12:07 AM
What do you mean "turn it on in the options menu"? I went into "Options" and found nothing about enabling extra crap. Do you mean the "Mod Manager"? I went into there too and didn't find the models.

monoflap
10-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey I just got gary's mod so I thought I'd throw this question in. How do you get into just a sandbox mode where you can build stuff?

.Maleficus.
10-15-2006, 08:52 PM
In the game, press and hold Q.

simon275
10-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Hey maleficus have you got it working yet? I messed around for you last night and I just dump it in the directory I told you and run it from mod manger. What version of garry's mod are you using. I am using ver9 as I dont want to pay $10 for ver10.

.Maleficus.
10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
No, I haven't got it working. I'm using Ver9 too.

This is what I did.

1. Downloaded files.
2. Extracted the files.
3. Moved those to the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gmod9\mods file.

I went into Mod Manager and found nothing about the models I put in there. I'll try it again though.

Edit:

Install a GMod Mod

Extract the mod folder to gmod9/mods/ then delete the gmod9/mods/-modcache folder
Damn you Google! Make me look like a fool yet again!