PDA

View Full Version : tubing adapter question

b4i7
10-15-2006, 12:58 AM
i recently got a koolance exos WC system...
after i run the tubing to the inside of the case.. is it possible to use a 1/4 - 3/8 tubing adapter on both directions of it (to and from the rad) so that all my blocks are 3/8 and my external tubing is 1/4

are there any potential hazardous effects (leaking etc) from the change in tubing diameters

does this affect pressures on the adaptors or anything?

jreffy
10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
i recently got a koolance exos WC system...
after i run the tubing to the inside of the case.. is it possible to use a 1/4 - 3/8 tubing adapter on both directions of it (to and from the rad) so that all my blocks are 3/8 and my external tubing is 1/4

are there any potential hazardous effects (leaking etc) from the change in tubing diameters

does this affect pressures on the adaptors or anything?

Yes, it's POSSIBLE, but I don't see why you would want to do it.

You have hit on the potential problem in doing this though. Yes, you would have a pressure drop every time the water passed through the adapter. Whether or not this would cause leaking, I can't say. Personally, I would not suggest doing it, and I can't think of a situation where you would have to do it.

b4i7
10-17-2006, 03:52 PM
the reason i was thinking this is because as i said in the video card board....we are having trouble finding a block ot ift the 1300 video card....ill have to look at it when im down there again...but thats pretty much the reasons

jreffy
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Ati 1300?