PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a torture rack

L0KEMAN
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone had one of these cases? If so, do you like it? You got some issues with it, how bout' some pics to post? I was mostly wanting it because it has a small footprint and has two spots to put my radiator, and since I have 2x 7950gx2's, I definatley would like to use 2x radiators. I want to know if it does like my previous acrylic cases, and gets that cheapy cracked look all through out. Is the kit built well? Can anyone post a review for me?

d_stilgar
10-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Here is a link to those that are mildly confused.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=250&cat=1&page=1

I havn't used it, sorry. If this is going to be your main Pc though and not just a test rig I personally would go with a regular case and mod it, or get a water cooling case. That is just my oppinion though.

Crimson Sky
10-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Any case or test station made from acrylic is going to get very shabby looking if you are constantly taking components in and out--sure it looks fantastic out of the box, but with heavy use it will quickly degrade.

The 'cheapy cracked' look you encountered is probably caused by heat, structural stress and temperature fluctuations inside the case and in the environment. Acrylic likes stable conditions. Unless the material is specifically non photo reactive, keep it from direct sunlight.