PDA

View Full Version : Police Theme case

TheGreatSatan
10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm building another car case, but this time for my brother, a Chicago Police Officer. What do you think?

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6143/interceptor1ok6.jpg

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6743/interceptor2ig0.jpg

http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/5726/interceptor3pv2.jpg

ajmilton
10-18-2006, 04:04 PM
couple of ideas to bat around: on the 80mm fans on the front, maybe put some handcuffs around the intake holes?

i also think it could be kind of cool to have one of those revolving lights on the inside

nice idea overall

Crimson Sky
10-18-2006, 05:07 PM
I would integrate something more admirable than a baton...perhaps make a rubber mold from your brother's shield and then put that on the front? I'm doing a similar project for the NYPD ;)

YoungBlood
10-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Nice idea.. and no offence to your brother... But me and police... dont stand on the same foot ;)

Razors Edge
10-18-2006, 06:47 PM
TGS = Paul Cappellos best friend.

jreffy
10-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Let me know if you need a hand, I live in downtown Chicago :)

Oh, and I think using handcuffs as a custom grill for this front two fan holes would be a fantastic idea!

TheGreatSatan
10-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I would integrate something more admirable than a baton...perhaps make a rubber mold from your brother's shield and then put that on the front? I'm doing a similar project for the NYPD ;)

I'll be using a real badge where the one on the front is and handcuff Fangrills sound good to me.:banana:

Crimson Sky
10-19-2006, 02:03 PM
To me, the ASP baton symbolizes one thing--beating people into submission. While a necessary tool of law enforcement, I don't think it sends a positive message--just my opinion.

For that matter, why not build in a pepper spray mechanism and a tazer ;)

podpet24
10-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Or build some body armor into it? Grab some surplus kevlar vests, maybe? I don't know, what else do police use to enforce the law? Maybe not make it such a generic police case, and maybe add a little chicago flair. Or would that be ruining the police theme of it?

I don't know what I'm saying...

ajmilton
10-19-2006, 02:23 PM

but only if you're going to make them functional :)

podpet24
10-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Man, this thing is starting to turn into more like something you could use to protect yourself in a riot or something...

jreffy
10-19-2006, 04:46 PM
To me, the ASP baton symbolizes one thing--beating people into submission. While a necessary tool of law enforcement, I don't think it sends a positive message--just my opinion.

Hook up a pressurized pepper-sprayer that will spray anyone who tries to turn on the computer without first using a key/access code.

Or put your tazer contacts on common keyboard keys (like F and J) so people get shocked if they don't first hit a combination of keys.

CanaBalistic
10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Most of thoes ideas are lame... sry guys, i tell it like it is. Pepper Spray? Honestly...

I have some ideas which i think would make a frikin sweet case.

First of all, change the color scheme. Use a charcoal swat like color as a base. Make a flip open door that looks like a riot shield. you could install a LCD display in the window of the shield. You could cut pieces of sound dampening mat and glue them to the exterior of the case and simulate armor. A cool lan bag carrier would compliment the case aswell. You could also stealth the flashers by drilling a small hole in the case and gluing high intensity LED's on the inside of the case. Use a sheriff type bage as a cool fan grill for a blow hole in the top of the case.

m4gnum
10-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Most of thoes ideas are lame... sry guys, i tell it like it is. Pepper Spray? Honestly...

I think they were joking.

nil8
10-20-2006, 09:24 AM
The Asp idea would be really cool if it was removable. Have the top be a case handle for moving and make it lock into place.

I think the side window could use something to do with Chicago. Is your bro into sports or is there an aspect of Chi's history he really likes?

Either that or an emblem of an older version of the chicago PD crest.

jreffy
10-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Most of thoes ideas are lame... sry guys, i tell it like it is. Pepper Spray? Honestly....

*sigh*...apparently American humor is a bit harder to grasp than I thought.

ajmilton
10-20-2006, 10:55 AM
*sigh*...apparently American humor is a bit harder to grasp than I thought.

don't worry too much, it's hard for americans to grasp too :)

Zephik
10-20-2006, 02:03 PM
First of all, change the color scheme. Use a charcoal swat like color as a base. Make a flip open door that looks like a riot shield. you could install a LCD display in the window of the shield. You could cut pieces of sound dampening mat and glue them to the exterior of the case and simulate armor. A cool lan bag carrier would compliment the case aswell. You could also stealth the flashers by drilling a small hole in the case and gluing high intensity LED's on the inside of the case. Use a sheriff type bage as a cool fan grill for a blow hole in the top of the case.

I personally like these ideas alot Cana-B. Way to brainstorm!:up:

-SF

ha, sorry I didnt really contribute there a whole lot!

jdbnsn
10-25-2006, 03:02 AM
If this is a sort of tributary gesture, you may toss around the idea of implementing some image of St. Michael-the patron Saint of Police. It is a Catholic icon and one especially revered by Irish police, but it's my understanding that it was widely respected by Chicago policemen/women for some time. Just a thought...
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/jdbnsn/misc/SPS113.jpg

jreffy
10-25-2006, 12:41 PM
If this is a sort of tributary gesture, you may toss around the idea of implementing some image of St. Michael-the patron Saint of Police. It is a Catholic icon and one especially revered by Irish police, but it's my understanding that it was widely respected by Chicago policemen/women for some time. Just a thought...
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/jdbnsn/misc/SPS113.jpg

Chicago has a very very strong Irish backround too, would definitely be a cool idea. Something that isn't blatently obvious and adds character to the mod and shows that the maker did a put a bit of research and effort into it :)

jdbnsn
10-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Yep, and there are literally hundreds of different depictions of St. Michael to choose from to best suit your motif. And I still have some old plans tucked away for scratch built rotating emergency lights! I had another idea too which I usually like to draw and post so you can see clearly what I mean but my main PC is fried so no scanner. You know how officers on a raid or exercising an arrest warrant have those velcro patches that cover the POLICE lettering which the flip down to expose their identity just as they are going in? How about a stealthed optical drive with a nylon covered panel which flips down revealing POLICE underneath when you open the drive?

podpet24
10-26-2006, 12:14 AM
You could also use a variety of red and blue led fans. Or paint black fan blades red and blue.

That 'stealth drive with police on it' sounds pretty awesome, too!

If it's going to be a car case though, you should put some wheels on it that make it look like a police car.

jdbnsn
10-26-2006, 03:40 AM
Hey TGS-

I can't stop thinking about this police mod, so many possibilities! I had a few more ideas that if you like, feel free to implement. If this is to resemble a squad car, why not turn it on it's side. Then you could contour the sides to look more like a cruiser and have car doors on each side to give you access to the mobo. This would also give a more proportional composition to the blue stripe that follows each side. You could make plexi windows and even a mesh grill to separate the front from back seat. Then on the front of the car would make a great location for a radiator if you plan to water cool; check out this grill...
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/jdbnsn/misc/180px-Front_police_car.jpg

Or if you like the retro look...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/jdbnsn/misc/oldcgpdcar.jpg

Lastly, I would think that the shield would make an awesome decal for a mouse...
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/jdbnsn/misc/100px-Chicagopolicebadge.jpg

Any thoughts?

TheGreatSatan
01-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Just so you know....

This project will be coming soon.

simon275
01-03-2007, 03:09 AM
Cool. A police theme is a neat idea.

SgtM
01-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Hook up a pressurized pepper-sprayer that will spray anyone who tries to turn on the computer without first using a key/access code.

Or put your tazer contacts on common keyboard keys (like F and J) so people get shocked if they don't first hit a combination of keys.

OUCH! Pepper spray is NOT fun to get hit with. Looking forward to seeing this one develop TGS.

Doomfest
01-04-2007, 12:21 AM
I think you should tint the side window and get a stencil for a police logo. then shine an LED from the side of the glass of the window for the logo glows. Like the Hellgate logo on the Doom 3 casemod. I think the inside should have red or blue lights that flash back and forth as well. LED's? Meteor Lights? :D Hell, mount a VoIP functional walkie-talkie on the side, the ones they have in the police cars. The ideas are endless!

P.S. If you're going for a sense of "Justice" wouldn't the statue of the blindfolded lady with the scale and the equal weights thingie be useful somewhere in the mod?

ESX
01-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Put a radio unit in it :)

Doomfest
01-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Esx read my mind, Thanks for the clarification.

Aero
01-04-2007, 02:14 AM
lol, I can't believe I missed this. Good luck TGS. I was thinking of a police themed case myself (even started on a mock up), but I think I'll try something different if you're going that route....hmmm

maybe I'll go American Farmer...John deere...oh, I.H.

TheGreatSatan
01-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I want to do this mod, a Tank theme mod and another retro project too. The retro will be a full mod (components and all), the other two will only involve modding a case (NO components). I start the retro in about a week to 10 days

john_smith_scot
02-13-2007, 04:35 PM
TheGreatSatan -

On a completely different note...

Loving the stuff in your gallery...Especially you hard drive case mod (don't know why it appeals to to me but it just does...)

anvilinc01
02-15-2007, 11:52 PM
how about a smaller flat black S.W.A.T. vervion in a tablet pc case?
Oh well just a random thought but you could even go the full route of wrapping it in the pachmeyer style rubber (like the gun grips!) and even add a small laser sight and an under the bore flash light! then make a web gear case and i'm rambling.......