PDA

View Full Version : Danger Den UV

Zephik
10-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Thought this was pretty cool. I didnt even know they made UV reactive blocks. Goes pretty good with that UV reactive tubing!

http://www.arcticmod.com/computer-cooling-mod/water-blocks-cpu-danger-den-uv-reactive-collection/

They also have some pretty cheap sleeving!

-SF

ILLUMINICE
10-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the link above SF.. really appreciated that. This is Michael, the founder of ArcticMOD.com. I was checkin out my incomming traffic, and noticed this reference.. just wanted to respond to you.

My company is brand new.. and we are really trying to do some never before seen stuff.. like the "Danger Den UV Reactive Collection" that you noticed. We are making available all Danger Den blocks with UV Reactive tops.. If you check out the "classic" blocks section too, you will see UV options available at the bottom of the page. This can also be done on all the Video and Chipset blocks as well as the CPU.

Right now I am in the process of entering in more products, the site is a bit scarce right now, but this is temporary, we have tons of stuff.. its just gonna take some time to get it all online. For anyone that sees this, please do come check out the store.. and keep checkin back, because a lot of awsome products will be added over the next two months as we approach the end of the year.

Hope you guys don't mind the plug here.. only good intentions.. ;o)

Michael Samson
www.ArcticMOD.com (http://www.ArcticMOD.com)

ForceFedFlesh
10-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the link above SF.. really appreciated that. This is Michael, the founder of ArcticMOD.com. I was checkin out my incomming traffic, and noticed this reference.. just wanted to respond to you.

My company is brand new.. and we are really trying to do some never before seen stuff.. like the "Danger Den UV Reactive Collection" that you noticed. We are making available all Danger Den blocks with UV Reactive tops.. If you check out the "classic" blocks section too, you will see UV options available at the bottom of the page. This can also be done on all the Video and Chipset blocks as well as the CPU.

Right now I am in the process of entering in more products, the site is a bit scarce right now, but this is temporary, we have tons of stuff.. its just gonna take some time to get it all online. For anyone that sees this, please do come check out the store.. and keep checkin back, because a lot of awsome products will be added over the next two months as we approach the end of the year.

Hope you guys don't mind the plug here.. only good intentions.. ;o)

Michael Samson
www.ArcticMOD.com (http://www.ArcticMOD.com)

please dont spam

ILLUMINICE
10-26-2006, 09:54 AM
To the response above.. what I wrote is NOT spam.. it was a direct response to the person who posted about my site and about a certain line of products. I did not come to this site to spam.. and I did not write the original post either. I was only responding to it in a friendly maner that would benefit other modders interested in this type of product. This is a modding site, and I am a person who sells modding parts, there is nothing wrong about the way I responded. Please do not label me a spammer simply for responding, as spammers come to a site unannounced.

~Michael

Zephik
10-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Well I don't know if this will be considered spam or not. But I think your website is fantastic and I wish you the best of luck with it! Besides, It's a modders website. So who cares? It's only beneficial to us!

Also, If I may be so bold to do so, I would like to make a suggestion to you? I do not know of your service yet but I would bet my computer on that if you were to have service as good as say, newegg's, your site would boom. Word gets around here pretty fast of sites that have excellent service. We LOVE unique products, but we also love excellent service as well if not more in some cases. Only a friendly suggestion though. :)

Best of luck! Hope to see some more cool and unique products very soon!

-SF

Also, if you guys (tbcs members) want another cool product I found on this website. Check out these for your water cooling setup. Looks pretty "cool". ;)

http://www.arcticmod.com/computer-mod/arcticmod-hyperweb-reinforced-pvc-tubing-12-id-34-od-for-12-id-tubing.htm

ILLUMINICE
10-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Thank you so much for the great compliment SF.. I only hope that everyone else likes the site as much as you. It is definitely a modder's website.. because I am a modder, have been for many years. I really want ArcticMOD to be a place that modders can come not just to buy, but also to learn about products.. this is why I have gone to great lengths to provide tons of extra product info, and go the extra mile for the customer.

Your suggestion about customer service is well received.. as this is something I also expect when I buy parts. I am personally handeling the customer service right now.. and I can assure you that customer service will always be a top priority of my store.

Anyways, thanks for the kind wishes and I look forward to seeing you and other modders at the store soon.

All the best,

Michael Samson

P.S. That reinforced tubing was my idea.. it came from my own mod job at home. It looks really really cool with the coolant inside of it.. and especially when you mix that tubing with regular clear pvc ;o)

DaveW
10-26-2006, 04:00 PM
I have to admit, i like that product. It looks good, very good.

-DaveW

onelegout
10-26-2006, 07:08 PM
The site looks very clean and well designed! I wish that I lived somewhere where I could take advantage of it but alas, I live in sunny Britain.
Keep it up!
H

please dont spam

What a thoughtful and helpful post.

[/sarcasm]

ILLUMINICE
10-26-2006, 07:21 PM
"Onelegout"... ArcticMOD.com ships internationally!
We wouldn't exclude all the nice people from Britain.. =o)
Shipping can be on the high side for international.. but if you buy a bunch of stuff at once.. its not so bad.

After you register the cart will automatically give you our two international shipping options, FedEx International Economy and FedEx International Priority. If you have any difficulties whatsoever.. just email me from the contact page.

Hope this helps!

~Michael

simon275
10-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Nice blocks.

Is it just me but those blocks hurt my eyes.

Dukenuke001
10-27-2006, 12:22 PM
I think they're great. It almost makes me want to install watercooling in my system just for the unique designs, lol. Maybe someday once I get a job.

Zephik
10-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Well I know as soon as I start getting in enough extra cash I am going to be building my own water cooling kit using most of what you can find on this website! Such as the UV blocks, Hyper Web Tubing, and of course that handy dandy ArcticMOD Filling Funnel! :D

-SF

klingelton
10-30-2006, 08:37 AM
love the website, really nice easy to navigate and some good products too!

ILLUMINICE
10-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks for all the awsome comments guys.. its very encouraging for me. I can tell you that if you like what you see now.. keep checking back over the next few weeks. I have so many more amazing liquid cooling products going up on the site.. Sometimes I just wish I could snap my fingers and have them up in a flash.. but it does take a lot of work to put up each product. This week I will be putting up a custom 5.25 mount for the AlphaCool Bullseye Reservoirs.. it comes in UV Blue, Smoked Gray and Opaque Black.. and it looks freaken amazing. I already took the pictures.. and these should get onto the site this week for sure. After this I have awsome pumps and AlphaCool pump accessory tops goin in.. and then comes the radiators. Im a liquid cooling fanatic... so the site will reflect this by having the best of the best in that area. Just check back every now and then.. and you should see new stuff each time. Thanks for all the great word of mouth in here! :D

~Michael
www.ArcticMOD.com (http://www.arcticmod.com)

Zephik
11-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Woot! Can't wait for those pumps baby! I was thinking about building my own h20 kit this december or january using the products on your website. Mainly because I love your Hyper Web Tubing and you can't get those any where else as far as I know. It's always easier to deal with one website and order everything I need from that one website instead of a bunch of websites.

Is there anywhere we can go to check up on your inventory updates? I already know what kind of products I want and need, so its easy for me to check up on those to see if you have them in stock yet. But if there is an area we can go to see what recent updates you have that would be fantastic!

Looking forward to future products and purchases from your website!

Best of Luck,
-SnowFire

TheMovement4
11-05-2006, 09:37 PM
hmm Im wondering, My water cooling setup will be red coolant, so red water lines, then have blue UV sleeves, would it look good to have a blue cpu UV top?

ILLUMINICE
11-06-2006, 12:32 PM
SnowFire.. The pumps I have are simply awsome.. they include Laing, Danger Den and AlphaCool pumps, and I have all of the awsome Laing pump adapters and attachments made by AlphaCool.. check out the AlphaCool website to see what I'm talkin about. I also have the AlphaCool Eheim 600 pump station which is all encased in Acrylic and looks really cool! Thank you so much btw for your interest in buying from my site.. its a tough thing starting a company like mine from scratch, and attracting customers like yourself is very important to me, so everything you have said is very much appreciated! :)

The HyperWeb Tubing is definitely a unique idea.. I know.. it was my idea! ;o) I set up my liquid cooling system at home with a combination of HyperWeb and Standard Clear Tubing.. and it looks really amazing. I tend to think that combining the two types of tubing works best, using the HyperWeb to accentuate certain section of the pipeline. Also keep in mind that the HyperWeb is thicker then standard clear tubing because of the reinforced web fibers.. and thus is less flexible.. so you need to be careful where you use that tubing... its best to use clear pvc in the sections that bend a lot. HyperWeb was a really simple idea.. but no one had ever tried it before.. thats why I wanted to show everyone how cool it looks.

About product updates.. sigh.. this is an ongoing thing for me every day. As I mentioned earlier.. there are tons of products still to be put online.. and it will take some time to get that all done. Its funny you mentioned a product update section as this was something I was just thinking about implementing. It is particularly important now that I have a section like this as now is when all these new products are going up. I am going to look into a way of implementing this today.. as I think there is a tool I can use to do this. In the meantime the best way is to simply look at the menu. The sections in Gray are the ones that need to be filled.. so as I fill these in, they will go into the normal blue color. I will also be posting site News as often as I can in our "Under the Ice" Newsletter as well. I am going to try to make an updates section though as you suggested.

Buying everything from a single site is always the easiest way to go.. I couldn't agree more! My goal is to make ArcticMOD a one stop shop for modding.. and in time it will become this. When it is time for you to make your system this December please feel free to call me if there is anything you need that is not yet online. I am behind helping my customers 200%, and would be more then happy to help you, and to make sure you get everything that you need. Just shoot me a phone call when you are ready to go, and I'll hook you up with the best parts!

TheMovement4... First of all, I'm a big fan of using the Red Coolant.. it looks really amazing if you are using the FluidXP+ Red coolant that I sell. I have always felt that mixing "cool" and "warm" colors in colorschemes looks amazing. Rather then using two cool colors such as blue and green, using instead red and blue is a great idea! I am in fact building a custom liquid cooled computer for a customer in New Zealand who is using this exact color scheme you just mentioned. The red for the coolant works great because it is really bright, and IMO you want the coolant to be the brightest thing in the case to show off the Liquid Cooling. Blue sleeving works great to then combine in the cool with the warm colors.. and then it is also good to play in the UV blue with the acrylics.. So the Danger Den UV Blue CPU tops this thread is about would be perfect for you. You can also use UV Blue Acrylic windows and baymounts. I have a product comming out on the site this week you may be interested in.. its a special 5.25" UV Blue Baymount for the AlphaCool Bullseye reservoirs.. and it looks absolutely amazing. Check out the site this week.. it would be perfect for your color scheme! Ok.. hope this helped answer your question.. =o)

~Michael

TheMovement4
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
I couldn't fine on your site, but do you sell just the tops? I already have the block, so no need in buying another one.

ILLUMINICE
11-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Yes, we do sell a UV Reactive Collection top replacement Kit which would include the UV Top of your choice, as well as the o-ring, hold-down screws and fittings. This section isn't up just yet, but I can easily accomadate you. Please email me at Support@ArcticMOD.com and I will take care of your order no probs.. =)

Zephik
11-07-2006, 04:21 AM
Hmmm, I just thought of something after browsing the website....

Why don't you have review capabilities? That is one thing I always enjoy reading through on newegg. Is there a reason for this or is it still in the making or have you just plain out decided to not go with that route?

-SF

ILLUMINICE
11-07-2006, 10:34 AM
My eCommerce application actually does have the ability to have customer reviews. This is a feature that I have not yet decided on whether or not I wanted to implement. There are of course pros and cons to having customer reviews.. and for modding, I think it leans more towards the positive then the negative.. still such a feature would have to be moderated just like any other public forum. It is particularly important on a retail website to keep a close eye on reviews that anyone can write. Still, I am aware that this is a feature that most people do like.. I also use the reviews on New Egg when I purchase from them.. and most of the time I find them useful. I suppose the bad side of reviews is that some people write things without really knowing what they are talking about.. but in the case of modding gear.. I would probably get more educated comments.

Right now there are many things going on to develope ArcticMOD... mostly in the way of new products. I suppose the simple answer here is that I am prioritizing things.. and the products come first. I most likely will add a review section in the future.. but I will need a staff member to moderate it and oversee it.. not to mention the time to develop the feature properly. So its just a matter of time.. take this as a yes that eventually there will be customer reviews on my site. If others like yourself request this.. I very well may implement this sooner rather then later.. as I love website features!

Within a day there will be a new feature showing the top 5 newest products added to the site.. and then shortly after I will be creating an entire section that shows the newest additions to the site in length. All of this as per your reccomendations.. I always listen to what people suggest.. and when the idea is right I do it.. so please always feel free to give me ideas and feedback. :)

~Michael
ArcticMOD.com (http://www.ArcticMOD.com)

TheMovement4
11-07-2006, 04:16 PM
I agree, I base almost if not all my purchases on reviews. Having one on your site will be a BIG plus. I do understand having to moderate it closely. And if someone posts something thats not true, or posts a question, you could always, if you have the option, edit the message and do something like:

"<persons responds>

[ADMIN] your message"

so it does a few things. A) Shows people that your on top of things and B) Allows you to correct someone if they post misleading info.

ILLUMINICE
11-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your input about the review ability guys.. I actually just spoke with my developer and we are going to put a brand new section at the top of every single product page in ArcticMOD called "Community Links".

This is a pretty big project for us.. but I think its going to solve a lot of issues and offer a lot more features for our customers.

Once this new section is complete it will be in the top right of every product page.. you will see this..

1.) Submit A Review (this will prompt you to login if not logged in, you must be a member to do this)
2.) Read the Reviews (anyone can read reviews)
3.) Product Rating (this is the voting feature, anyone can vote.. logged in or not.. doesn’t matter..)
4.) Email This To A Friend
5.) Gift Certificates

These sections would remain at the bottom of the Product Template for now.. in this order..
1.) Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
2.) Recommended Products

Give me some time to implement all of this... but rest assured it is already in progress. Once this is completed you will be able to write reviews about our products, read reviews.. and more.

I think you all are right on the money about these types of features.. and so we are going to make it happen! :)

Thanks again for your input!

~Michael

simon275
11-08-2006, 08:00 PM
ILLUMINICE this must be great free website and computer modding market research. If you implement all this your site is gonna shine I reckon the option for international shipping is excellent for people like me who have trouble getting their hands on water cooling parts on the otherside of the world. To get an idea of your competition there are these sites

Performance PC - International Shipping Modding Supplies
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php

Xoxide - US/Canada shipping
http://www.xoxide.com/

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Zephik
11-08-2006, 11:10 PM
NICE! :up:

Man I can't wait to see those new features! :D

I can feel it... your going to be up there eventually with newegg, frozencpu, xoxide, performance-pcs. It seems like the site has what it takes and it sure does look FANTASTIC.

Good Job and Good Luck!

-SF

ILLUMINICE
11-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Simon275... I must admit.. there is no better advice I can get then what I hear from real customers and real modders in the community. I value all of the comments I have been getting.. and it definitely is an advantage being in a site like this. Speaking about international shipping.. I realize this is not obvious yet.. because my store policies are not yet written.. but ArcticMOD does ship internationally.. and has done so since the day we opened. Basically if you select a country outside of the USA you would be given international shipping rates and methods during checkout. Similarly, if you are from within the USA.. you will not be shown international methods.. my cart is made to filter the shipping methods appropriately for the location of the buyer.. ;o) I really do want to get lots of international orders.. though it will take time for my company to become known worldwide... As far as the competition goes.. I know them all too well.. in fact I am friendly with the ower of Performance-PC's.. and Xoxide is a very different type of site then ArcticMOD.. I was never a big fan of that site. On the other hand FrozenCPU whom I admire very much has been a model business example for me.. and many of the features on ArcticMOD were inspired from that particular business.

SnowFire... what can I say.. thank you so much for all the positive feedback and comments.. I too think ArcticMOD has what it takes to be a premier modding site. It is just a matter of time to build up the business, its products, customer base and features... I am very confident that it will succeed. Just keep tellin people about us! ;o) Thanks again for all the good wishes! :)

~Michael

Zephik
11-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Not a problem! After all...

We support modding websites!

Since you know... "we" being modders ourselves and all! lol Wouldn't make much sense if we didnt! :p

-SF

meticoeus
11-11-2006, 01:48 AM
How reliable are the Lucite tops compared to metal tops? Are there any significant cons to using one?

ILLUMINICE
11-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Meticoeus.. Lucite tops are in fact extremely reliable and are a staple in the industry. I mean, just take a look at Danger Den blocks in General.. how many of them use Lucite.. a lot of them do. The main concern with lucite is that it is strong enough not to break from the pressure of the screws that clamp it to the copper base.. but so long as the lucite is at least 1/4" thickness.. this is not a problem at all, and in fact almost all Danger Den blocks use 3/8" thick lucite to avoid any problems whatsoever. All of the Danger Den UV Reactive Collection blocks that I sell use a 3/8" thick lucite. To my knowledge there are no other significant differences between a metal top and a lucite one other then thickness and looks. If you need a slimmer model, then metal or PVC (compact plastic) works well, if size is not so much an issue, acrylic (lucite) is a great choice for looks. The obvious advantage to lucite it you can see through it.. and see the coolant inside.. which looks awsome especially when using a UV Reactive Coolant. I have also heard that the less metal in a liquid cooling system the better.. as even non-conductive coolant picks up ions from passing by metals.. but considering that almost all high end cooling blocks are made from copper.. well, you can't get more conductive then that.. so I kind of dismiss that one.

SnowFire.. I happened to see some of the other forums you have reccomended my site in.. and I just wanted to say thank you so much for doin that! :) There have been many visits today in particular from those posts.. and its just awsome to have someone promoting ArcticMOD.. and it wasn't even me! This week I have some really amazing stuff goin on the site.. and I am also working on the "New Products" feature we spoke about. Like you said in that other thread.. it will take us some time to grow.. but support and patience from modders like yourself is very encouraging for me.. so just wanted you to know how much I appreciated what you did! =o)

~Michael
ArcticMOD.com

isunktheship
11-27-2006, 05:06 AM
Awesome blocks, and an AMAZING website!

Great layout, and design, and the products to back it.

I'll be forwarding my friends to you!

ILLUMINICE
11-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks man.. I really appreciate that! :)
Feels good to hear people like yourself say such positive things
about my site. And word of mouth is so important to my business..
so thank you for telling your friends about the site too!

All I can say is there is a lot of new stuff comming for ArcticMOD in the comming months.. this is just the beginning! :)

~Michael