PDA

View Full Version : none leak pci slot cover things

klingelton
10-20-2006, 06:02 PM
righty, i've seen on a few websites where external units are concerned that the good people at water cooling central have invented a pci blanking plate with some valves in there that effectively stop the flow of water into your pc. this whole process is to allow easy dismantlement (a cromulent word there) in order to lug it all around with you to lan parties.

my question is this.

1) you spend 24 hours setting up the system in the 1st place (checking it for leaks etc)

2) you take your pc round to your mate's house and unplug your water cooling from these convenient blanking plates.

3) when you plug them in again, what's to say you don't induce a leak into your system?

has anyone come accross this system before, if you have, or own it, what's it like, is it leak proof?

Silenced_Coyote
10-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Can you give us some pictures (or links to pictures) of these PCI plates?

TheMovement4
10-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Are you talking about these?

http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/large/koo-61.jpg

I too was thinking the same thing. I use my pc for lanning, so anything out side of the case would be too much of a hassle and just little to dangerous. Leaks could happen, so I saw this and thought about it.. idk I still dont want to take that chance.

If thats not what your talking about, then just ignore this post.

Silenced_Coyote
10-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Don't take my advice to heavily because I have had no experience with these PCI slots, but I don't see a problem. IF it does happen to leak, then it would occur outside your PC case since the constant attaching/detaching part is outside. Also, you already took the "risk" of water cooling in the first place, will these little things really increase the "risk"? I wouldn't think so. Maybe the only concern I see is wear and tear if you constantly unplug and plug it.

klingelton
10-23-2006, 07:11 PM
sorry, not been on in a while (busy weekend and all that).
i was considering moving my pc around quite a bit for lans n stuff.

big problem with leaks outside my pc. if it leaks inside, im ok. if it leaks outside, i'd get coolant on the carpet and the wife would murder me... not good!!

Silenced_Coyote
10-24-2006, 05:21 PM
You could always buy it and test it in a sink or outside for a week+. Just like how people test water cooling setups.

klingelton
10-24-2006, 06:42 PM
got an update for ya, i was doing some hardcore water cooling research while i was <ahem> on my lunch break today at work. turns out that the zalman reservator 1v2 has quick release clamps on the reservoir anyways. gues i won't need them afteralls

thanks for the help though, i may test them out anyway