PDA

View Full Version : Worried about heat

heychadwick
05-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Hello All,

First post.

I'm getting ready to build my first custom box and I am worried about heat. I see people working with various types of heating systems and I have to admit that I don't know a thing about heating. I've only worked with standard pcs and standard cpu/heatsinks.

I don't have the $$$ to buy some new equipment, so my first mod is going to be on a Pentium 1gig cpu with your standard hard drive and cd-rom. It is all going to be in a wooden case and have a few lights added to it (not many). Do I have to worry about heat? If so, what do you recommend? Remember, I don't have the cash flow to get the best stuff. I remember there used to be fans that fit into slots on the mobo. Are they a decent option? How hard is it to add a fan that I can hook up to the power supply?

thanks in advance.

Frakk
05-09-2005, 05:39 PM
you dont have to be worried about the heat as long as you have the heatsink installed properly. a decent airflow with 2x 80mm or more fans through the case should be enough. you can hook them up right on the psu ot motherboard headers

heychadwick
05-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks!