PDA

View Full Version : Vivo Trouble? Or is it...

AKA_RA
10-31-2006, 04:07 AM
It says video card related, so this is technically on topic. ^_^ I have this old video camera from the late 80's early 90's and i had its video out plugged straight into my VIVO adapter in the back of my 6600GT. Before anyone is quick to judge the cameras age, im using it because of the age. Its worn out and the quality is just what i want for this video project im doing. Think Chris Cunningham. The last time i had it working was at least 6 months ago on the same card/pc/everything. Now i barely get picture at all using my VIVO adapter. The picture comes in it what looks like mostly black and white, but theres barely enough signal to tell. but something is trying to come though. the image i get is slanted, has static across the bottom and is very hard to make out. i was pleased at first after capturing some of this extremely distorted input for later use, but now its just irritating me, anyone got any ideas? is it the camera dieing? cables not making contact? should it be set to something other than the default NTSC? any help is much appriciated, this little issue has my project at a stand still.

fragged
11-01-2006, 07:36 AM
Try using the camera (if you havnt already) on a TV or VHS, I cant help much else because I'm probbably younger than the camera, and dont have a VIVO compatable card :>

AKA_RA
11-03-2006, 11:34 AM
that was actually my next step in figuring out whats wrong with this stupid thing. that is, once i get a tv thats not broken. -_- i hadnt used mine for a while and something isnt right with it. looks like im in the market for a flat screen ^_^. im planning on getting a 42" plasma right after hell freezes over and pigs start flying.

Airbozo
11-03-2006, 12:09 PM
that was actually my next step in figuring out whats wrong with this stupid thing. that is, once i get a tv thats not broken. -_- i hadnt used mine for a while and something isnt right with it. looks like im in the market for a flat screen ^_^. im planning on getting a 42" plasma right after hell freezes over and pigs start flying.

Why go Plasma? I was under the impression that for flat panels under 50", lcd was the way to go price and reliability wise. Still learing the differences since I will be in the market for a flat panel tv for xmas...