PDA

View Full Version : What about LANs?

jonopaul01
03-17-2005, 02:28 PM
I have often thought about adding a water cooling system to my case to cool my new CPU but I have been worried that when my case is moved between LANs there could be spillage or other problems. Can anyone shed light on whether this is an actual problem. I don't want to get, install and use a water cooling system and suddenly realise that my computer is stuck on my desk for fear of spilling the "water" and ruining my computer.

Crimson Sky
03-17-2005, 02:47 PM
if your internal watercooling setup is installed properly (i.e. all components bolted down, connectors tight and sealed) you can move it around all you want without fear of leaking. I would be careful with external WC setups such as the kind that sit on or next to your PC, but then again they should also be ok with moving around if you are careful.

jonopaul01
03-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the help. I am unlikely to get a watercooling system till I upgrade my GPU and RAM but it would be great to have some proper cooling so that I can close up my case and actually go to LANs and not be laughed at.

Crimson Sky
03-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the help. I am unlikely to get a watercooling system till I upgrade my GPU and RAM but it would be great to have some proper cooling so that I can close up my case and actually go to LANs and not be laughed at.

When you are ready to take the plunge :D I'm sure you'll find some good advise and help here-

Matthew
03-18-2005, 11:09 PM
No pun intended.

Seven
03-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Let me say a few things if I may:

Bolting: You want EVERYTHING well secured in a setup like that. I would stay away from large radiators mounted vertically with only 1 plate mounted, as that would probably crack...stay away from the "bay res" variety, as if you slam your case on a table, it'll be a little water display in your case.

A t-line may be a more practical option here.

CPU mounting: I would go with a metal/metal setup, nothing with nylon (*cough* PolarFLO *cough*) as nylon does come loose over time.

Remember, your computer will be in a variety of positions, not all of them ideal. I would reccomend testing it out. Tilt the case upsideodwn, side to side, just to make sure it works before you need it to work.

kuhnkejer
03-21-2005, 04:07 AM
i dont know what the guy above was saying but all water cooling systems are sealed im sure you knew that but if it seal it wont leak but make sure to check your case before pluging it into a wall for water if water spills on your stuff with no power running throw it it wont hurt it untill you turn it on so just check your stuff and if no water trun it on if wtaer ake sure evey thing is dry before truning it on

Shadow9
04-03-2005, 03:12 AM
http://www.mofocases.com/cases.php?case_id=38 "surfs up dude"