PDA

View Full Version : vista compatible software?

EPYK
11-07-2006, 08:38 PM
lets get a list of vista compatible software going here.... vista is on release for january

monoflap
11-07-2006, 09:07 PM
What do you mean by vista compatible? Because if I'm not mistaken, anything that will work on an older virsion will work on vista so there wouldn't be much of a point.

public_eyesore
11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Probably anything that will work on xp or 2000, are you asking for a list of vista specific software? If so Im gonna have to go with Microsoft office Vista(name may change to 2007 or 2008, or somthing else)

Slug Toy
11-08-2006, 03:54 AM
halo 2?

thats supposed to be a vista exclusive... eventually. i havent heard much about it for a while now, other than its ready to go when vista comes out.

simon275
11-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah they have been holding it back waiting for the vista relsease. Microsoft is gonna use it to entic the segment of the marker who are gamers to upgrade to vista

public_eyesore
11-08-2006, 12:03 PM
by the time vista comes out, you'll practically be able to by an xbox with halo 2 for the price of the pc version

.Maleficus.
11-08-2006, 09:03 PM
by the time vista comes out, you'll practically be able to by an xbox with halo 2 for the price of the pc version
I'm still gonna wait for the PC version... I'm better with a keyboard and mouse and I can't pay for Xbox Live and I want to play online with my 360 friends (assuming Live Anywhere is free).

Slug Toy
11-08-2006, 11:19 PM
i hear that... plus you get the sdk for the computer version. nothing better than custom maps. i just hope they have truly destructible environments for once. the geometry processing in dx10 appears to be the ideal solution for it seeming as its centered around real time creation and deformation of shapes.

Silenced_Coyote
11-09-2006, 01:27 AM
I don't know about truely distructable environments. It sounds really cool and all, but... what about maps that have different levels? After a few minutes, you would only be able to run around one level. What I am getting at is easier to see in indoor maps. After a while, the only place to run around would be the ground floor. Or the whole building whole be destroyed, which would end the game since you would spawn under rubble.