PDA

View Full Version : Lian Li vs Antec

Zephik
11-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Lian Li G50B (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112104)

vs.

Antec 900 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129021)

These are the two cases I have decided upon out of all the cases on newegg.com for my "Grim Reaper" project this January. I've already looked over both cases extensively and now I just want to know what you all think. The project is pretty much engraving only other than performance hardware upgrades. I just don't know which to go with because I like them both so much... So what do you guys think? I'm kind of leaning toward the antec because it seems like it has better cooling...

-SF

Omega
11-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Lian Li.

jdbnsn
11-08-2006, 01:05 AM
I am biased because I have a Lian Li and love it. But I don't know anything about the Antec from experience. It's your cash, I think you should go with your gut and figure out which fits you better.

Zephik
11-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Wait...

Is the antec 900 plastic??

-SF

Ronyx
11-08-2006, 04:21 AM
Antec - Steel so it gets very hot and heavy as a rock
- Window already cut out so if you wanted a different look to that too bad
- very expensive for a steel case

Lian Li - Aluminium so it's nice and light + cool
- No airflow over your drive bays, might get a lil hot there =S
- pretty cheap case and plenty of room for modding

As far as looks go i like to stick to pre moded cases because i am a modding N00B! XGbox is my world lolz. I would say go with the Lian Li for now mainly because it's made from aluminium. But there is the problem with cooling on the drive bays. Maybe add that to your modding list.

Hope i could help.

xdxforever
11-08-2006, 04:24 AM
if you are thinking about that antec you should look at a better lian li than that. that one is nice and i would prefer it over the antec but there are even better cases by lian li

Zephik
11-08-2006, 04:50 AM
Antec:

Design looks pretty cool imo
Looks "cool"

Lian Li:

Pretty much that and everything else.

---------

lol

It seems to me that both cases are great. But unlike the antec... the Lian Li is a sure fire winner. I just wish it was more... weird and different looking like the antec.

-SF

One other thing....

Why does it seem like a bad idea to put bondo over the mesh on the lian li? Something in my brain is flashing a red light for some reason...

Omega
11-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Lian Li, for modability =D

b4i7
11-08-2006, 12:16 PM
if you put a nice layer of tape behind the mesh perbondo-ing.. youll be fine....cuz if you dont youll have some nice bondo spagetti...;)