PDA

View Full Version : How to Display Bottom Toolbar with IE7?

Lexonex
11-11-2006, 10:28 AM
WE SHOULD ALL GO TO OTHER BOARDS............:banana:

a.Bird
11-11-2006, 04:00 PM
What bottom toolbar are you talking about? Your Windows Taskbar that has your Start Menu, running processes and clock? Because if IE is running on top of that, you should probably check it's settings because knowing Microsoft it more than likely has some asinine z-ordering. And also, I know this might sound like a "no duh" but have you tried maximizing the window? To me it sounds like it isn't maximized, just stretched really big across your screen. If you put your mouse on the edge of the window and see a double sided arrow, it means the IE window is collapsible and not maximized.

I'm sorry to probably be of no help but why are you still using IE in the first place now that Firefox 2 (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/) is out? I have had absolutely no problems and only good experiences. Supposedly, the security is much better than in IE.

SgtM
11-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Press Alt+V then choose the option to display the status bar. Hope that's wat you are looking for.

onelegout
11-25-2006, 11:10 AM
when you say 'toolbar' you mean 'taskbar'...
I don't have mine set to hide so I have no idea...
H

SgtM
11-25-2006, 06:17 PM
press F11 to return IE back to it's original window size. Then you'll be able to see the taskbar again.

SgtM
11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
They did that for a reason. Basically, if you have IE opened to a full screen, they figure you don't want anything else in the way. The top bar comes down because it's part of IE.

dave77
11-27-2006, 12:56 PM
I installed IE7 yesterday and am also annoyed by the taskbar no longer being available when viewing in fullscreen mode. I used to do the same thing with Favorites on the left side, but that option seems to be gone also. Maybe I'm just lazy, but to me, simply moving the pointer into position was easier and faster.

SgtM
11-27-2006, 02:35 PM
I installed IE7 yesterday and am also annoyed by the taskbar no longer being available when viewing in fullscreen mode. I used to do the same thing with Favorites on the left side, but that option seems to be gone also. Maybe I'm just lazy, but to me, simply moving the pointer into position was easier and faster.

Make sure you have your favorites pinned and you will still be able to see them on the left. I just tried it on mine.