PDA

View Full Version : Airbrushes

Chapel
03-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Im looking into getting an Airbrush for my modding activites. I dont want to spend a ton of money (around 100 USD i think) But i would like to get somethign that will last me a while, and that i wont grow out of (skill wise). Any tricks, tips or advice would be appriciated
Thanks

ZeD
03-17-2005, 11:22 PM
I havent checked prices lately but paasche makes great airbrushes and are relatively cheap, the most expensive part is the air compressor but once you have that you can get air ratchets, and other air powered tools.

Crimson Sky
03-17-2005, 11:59 PM
ZeD is on target with the Paasche, more specifically the Paasche VLS Dual action model. This model (that I use myself) is great for spraying many types of paints and other materials, such as dyes and liquid rubbers. many pro auto painters use this model--its inexpensive, well made and will last a lifetime. Expect to pay about $110 for this airbrush however you will need a compressor-- Try This Link (http://www.airbrush-depot.com/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=abpaakits.bbx) for more info

voltov
03-18-2005, 12:37 AM
i have an aztek dual action (it was my dads) and i havent used it yet... it seems to be really nice and he tells me it is and it has an air compressor and different nozzles for it.

but i would try someplace like ebay and another site is (im not sure if this is right) www.airbrushdepot.com o and maybe dick blick

Chapel
03-18-2005, 03:43 AM
Cool Guys thanks alot

Kaolian
04-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Iwata HP-C's are well worth the money if you can find one in your price range. Great output, easy to clean, damn near indestructable.

Guttenaffe
04-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Don't you need one of those expensive oil-free filters for air compressors to use airbrushes and other painting tools?
I seem to recall that even the best air compressors let out tiny tiny drops of oil that come from the compressor motor when it is running this oil will ruin paint. Also some compressors are "tool lube" compressors that add a light mist of oil for standard pneumatic tools, such as the air ratchet aforementioned.

fishies
04-02-2005, 01:53 AM
I havent checked prices lately but paasche makes great airbrushes and are relatively cheap, the most expensive part is the air compressor but once you have that you can get air ratchets, and other air powered tools.

Entirely dependant on the size of compressor and tank you buy. I bought my air brush and compressor as a kit. I wouldn't run air tools on it, but it could easily blow up a car tire. The tank on my compressor is roughly the size of a bbq tank. I do believe if you use an industrial compressor, you need a regulator for the airline to the airbrush, and a filter.

Remember to drain your tanks when you're done. moisture collects, and rusts them from the inside out.

Kaolian
04-03-2005, 01:34 AM
while there are specificly designed airbrush compressors out there that work bst, you can easily get by with even the oil lubed ones with a few extra moisture traps. I have one trap/regulator at the compressor, and one at the airbrush end of the hose, even with my Badger compressor. Keep in mind that the air coming out of a compressor is going to be warm, and it takes the length of the hose for it to cool down enough for the moisture trap to be most effective.