PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle radiator

DoctorA
11-17-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but what do you guys think of using a radiator from a motorcycle/scooter in a watercooling setup. I know they would be on the (very) large side, but wouldn't that mean that you might not need a fan? Fitting the pipes is gonna be tricky too, I guess, but I still think it would be worth a try.

Anyways, I just thought I put it out.

ajmilton
11-17-2006, 03:53 PM
there is at least one case on the "show your mod" forum that claims to use a small auto radiator. so it's definitely doable. also, fitting the hoses shouldn't be that tricky - if they're not the right size, you can get adaptors for that at just about any hardware store.
i'd make sure the radiator was cleaned real good, those things can get real nasty :P

Airbozo
11-17-2006, 04:03 PM
i'd make sure the radiator was cleaned real good, those things can get real nasty :P

This is the truth. Take it to a radiator shop and have them clean/flush it. I think they use an acid wash to get all the debris out. The little bits that come off won't necessarily hurt the car/truck/motorcycles water pump but they would utterly destroy the small plastic fins on a home water cooling pump.