PDA

View Full Version : Vista RC*#@+*#@#%^*

jofultner
11-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Wow how many of you have been down the Vista beta and Vista RC-1 road.Man if the conflicts I was having with the beta version was not bad enough I reformatted and installed RC-1 when it arrived in the mail.I must say I am sure they are onto something but nothing I need at the moment.It was so quirky and incompatible with so much that after 2 months of pulling my hair out not to say RC-1 didn`t recognize my optical drives so my burner software would not work...I said to heck with it,Complete Full format and reinstall my good old XP home SP/2(after backing up needed programs).Now I am so happy I could scream!It was fun for a bit but the conflicts got old soon enough...Jo:devious:

Indybird
11-27-2006, 10:52 PM
I had the exact same problem with Beta, what are your pc specs? I was having compatibility problems with my gfx card and tv tuner.

jofultner
11-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Well the rig I was using was Asus A7N8X-deluxe with Athlon XP3000+ and AGP Radeon 9600pro.The beta kept having software compatible problems,for instance my paid PC-cillian anti-virus would no longer work among others.Then RC-1 would only recognize my lite-on dvd/cd-rw and my LG dvd-ram as cd-rom and could not update the drivers?Nor would my ashampoo burning studio 6 work.Any way enough of that foolishness!!!

SgtM
11-28-2006, 12:47 AM
I've been running RC1 since the week it came out. Now, I dont boot to it often (dual booting with XP pro) because the wife and kids use the PC also, but I haven't found many problems with it. TV tuner works fine. I haven't tried nero, AVG anti virus, or Ad aware yet though.

silverdemon
11-28-2006, 04:38 AM
I have installed it on my old laptop and there was only one small problem with my video drivers. They were not 100% supported or something, but everything worked fine.
Though I don't use that laptop very often it has been running for maybe 2 months or so without much problems

AKA_RA
11-28-2006, 06:49 PM
XP still doesnt work properly for me, so im reeeally not looking forward to Vista

cbelmo159
11-29-2006, 11:03 PM
I heard Vista prevents you from downloading copy right files. like downloading songs from Lime Wire, Is this true?

Zephik
11-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Windows Vista has some issues to work out, but if they can fix everything, It should be pretty rockin. I mainly like the way it looks, but you can easily accomplish that by using programs such as DesktopX.

Do they offer the updated Vista programs for use on pre-vista boxes? I like the new Microsoft programs and especially the new windows media player layout. Pretty slick looking!

I heard Vista prevents you from downloading copy right files. like downloading songs from Lime Wire, Is this true?

It doesn't matter. That topic is not to be discussed on these forums. Read "The Rules of the Road (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=54#post54)". Even if the mods say it's okay to discuss whether vista prevents that or not, it would eventually lead to something that shouldn't be discussed. So I am going to say, just stay away from that particular topic. Welcome to the boards btw! I hope you enjoy your stay, but be sure to read the "The Rules of the Road (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=54#post54)".

-SnowFire

ESX
11-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Do they offer the updated Vista programs for use on pre-vista boxes? I like the new Microsoft programs and especially the new windows media player layout. Pretty slick looking!

Thats Windows Media Player 11 :)

Zephik
11-30-2006, 05:40 AM
You know, last time I tried to find that to download they didn't have it! lol

So I can be a tard at times, get over it. ^^

*Downloaded*

-SnowFire

SgtM
11-30-2006, 10:13 AM
hey guys.. I might have some REALLY good Vista info after this weekend. (final release version) That's assuming my source comes through for me.

chedabob
12-04-2006, 04:01 PM
You guys are talking about RC1 when RC2 came out months ago, and the full version has been in the tubes for about 4 weeks now

Sheesh, what is the world coming to...

ESX
12-04-2006, 04:30 PM
You guys are talking about RC1 when RC2 came out months ago, and the full version has been in the tubes for about 4 weeks now

Sheesh, what is the world coming to...
:P

By the way, do you know by any chance if I can upgrade to RC2 through RC1?

onelegout
12-07-2006, 09:11 AM
To those who are complaining about incompatibility - It's a beta/rc release, what did you expect? The compatiability problems are largely due to hardware manufacturers not releasing vista drivers until its launch.
All will be well in a few months after Vista's release.
H

chedabob
12-10-2006, 11:49 AM
:P

By the way, do you know by any chance if I can upgrade to RC2 through RC1?

Dont think so, think its a clean install. Why bother though? Full version is around for Volume License customers, Warez versions are all over the place, and the full retail version comes out in less than 2 months.