PDA

View Full Version : Shopping list.

Tweezy
11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I am new to case modding. I plan to begin my first case mod very soon but because I'm new and grew up in a female household (my parents split) I have no dremel nor jigsaw nor any other required materials for case modding. I am also working with a very limited budget... how does $115 sound? If anyone can tell me some must haves so I know what to look for etc. that would be great. Thanks for the help.

DaveW
11-28-2006, 08:07 PM
how does $115 sound?

Damn. Now this is a Modder's Challenge! Getting you kitted out on that...ok, first you need:

A jigsaw and some metal blades, and some oil to stop the breaks breaking.
Something to makes holes to let the jigsaw go in.
Reserve say $20 for plexi.
Buy Some files.

Now, i'm a Brit, so i don't know exactly how this transfers, but the way i see it, that leaves you at least $60.

About $25 of that goes to paint.

Which means you have $35 left to spend on fans, screws, epoxy, glue, etc.

Hell, i guess it could be done with less..

Damn, forgot you're gonna need clamps. Say...$3 per clamp? And don't forget the safety gear.

Good luck!

-Dave

Omega
11-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Dremel or similar knockoff if you want, saftey gear, plexi, fans, etc

could probably pull it off with about 70$ USD or so, Dave.

Tweezy
11-29-2006, 03:30 PM
This topic does not get enough attention. Someone should make a list of tools, their uses, prices, necessity etc. A breakdown of a shopping list. That way people just beginning will know what to get. I went the dremel route... next check is the jigsaw/paint. This time was dremel/acrylic. lol

AKA_RA
11-29-2006, 04:03 PM
i have a dremel and a soldering iron. other than that i just have a regular assortment of non-power tools. if i really need, i have a hand drill and drill press availible to me, so far those 4 are all ive ever really needed.

DaveW
11-30-2006, 02:04 PM
This topic does not get enough attention.

Hmm...you may have a point. We already have a solution but it's not ready for publishing yet I'm afraid.

-Dave

Tweezy
11-30-2006, 03:06 PM
awesome, as long as something is in the works that's all i care about.