PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition DVD $30 @ EB Games

MrSlacker
05-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition DVD is $30 at EB Games in store and online. online is sold out so check out your local store.

Guttenaffe
05-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Hmmm, HL2 might be worth buying at that price, but only if you didn't need that Steam POS software...

Though Steam has been getting better I still hate how they can keep you from using your game even offline on a whim because what they say is final and your always wrong. Many horror stories of ppl that bought the game and can't play because Valve says they don't make mistakes on banning legit people.

Pascs
05-18-2005, 07:22 AM
HL2 has some stunning graphics especially the water scenes BUT steam is a real pain. When I installed HL2, it took me about 2 hours !!!! to get up and running as it required to download various updates etc etc.

Finished the game within a week but I went to play it again the other night and it needed another update..............after about 5 failed attempts to retrieve the update I gave up.

I need to set it up to play offline instead as its driving me nutz

MisterChief
05-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Hmmm, HL2 might be worth buying at that price, but only if you didn't need that Steam POS software...

Though Steam has been getting better I still hate how they can keep you from using your game even offline on a whim because what they say is final and your always wrong. Many horror stories of ppl that bought the game and can't play because Valve says they don't make mistakes on banning legit people.
What are you talking about? :? I play HL2 offline all the time; I only go online about once a week for updates. I don't understand why so many people complain about Steam. I haven't had ONE problem in all the time I've had HL2. And since when did Valve go banning people left and right without purpose?

Anyways, great find OP, though I allready have the normal version.

Guttenaffe
05-19-2005, 12:11 AM
hehe, you'll see if it ever happens to you.