PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 Computer Mod

feldm4n
11-29-2006, 03:48 AM
Hey everyone it's Feldm4n. I have just completed my newest mod and wanted to share it with all the TBCS forum members. Sorry i have been gone so long but i have been working on this mod. Hope you enjoy. Please do not post the pictures anywhere using BoxGods bandwidth, that is all i ask. Here is a link to the photos & worklog.

Worklog Link:
http://www.boxgods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=474

Image Link:
http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5412

Zephik
11-29-2006, 04:30 AM
Holy flying cows... That is really well done lol

BRAVO

-SnowFire

Ironcat
11-29-2006, 08:10 AM
When I look at a mod like this (or Doom3, or any of a couple dozen other mods on this site) I see 3 things.

1. I see all the imagination and creativity that you people possess.

2. I see all the time and hard work that you guys put in to this stuff that I will most likely never be able to do.

3. I see all the money that goes into these projects... Just trying to look up most of the pieces on Newegg, it looked like that computer cost between 7 to 9 to build, plus tools, plus time, plus labor...

I have the creativity, but I don't have that time or money and I don't even think I have the level of expertise it would require to carry it out if I did have everything else...
I am officially retiring from modding. I will post all my stuff in the hardware deals section later this week...

AKA_RA
11-29-2006, 08:15 AM
im flat broke...and i just started a work log. perhaps after that lack of funding will no longer be an excuse. sure, doom3 was awesome, but ive seen good mods done for next to free.

DaveW
11-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah man...good work! I likey, i likey.

Especially your hard drive workin' box. Looks the part too.

-Dave

ESX
11-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Thats one hell of a pimped out case. 5/5 :D
I like how the texture on the pc itself turned out, quite nifty paintjob :)

Vertigo
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
That is just sick Feld, top notch work.

ajmilton
11-29-2006, 04:14 PM
wow. that's freakin awesome. i like the clean box idea to work on the HDs

feldm4n
11-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey thanks everyone! I like to get positive feedback from fellow modders as it helps me continue to the next mod. Yea it seems the HD mod box was a hit?haha Just a tub some plex and gloves really. You can find a write up on how to make your own at BoxGods.com I will also be doing my own how to on building the box. I will let everyone know here when it is done.

Also you shouldn't quit modding! I know when i get super busy with my life i will nit pick at a project. I mean sometimes it is just nice to go out on the weekend and mess around with a mod. That way you are not per-say retiring or stopping. You are just taking your time which i feel is better then rushing any mod ever. I wouldn't give up man, just think about all those frustrating moments and good times you will miss :? Also you have to know you are a creative person and that goes for everyone. Your brain is a powerful thing and if you can stay positive about a build and KNOW we are ALL creative you will be good to go.

Thanks again everyone.
-Matthew A.K.A. Feldm4n

Fear
11-30-2006, 04:39 PM
This will easily make the front page of ....Thebestcasescenario.com

good job

Omega
11-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Crazy.

I'll be honest: I Don't see the same amount of work on this as I can see on cases like Doom3, but I can still see tons of work and no less creativity than anything else.

It looks great. I espeically like the matching keyboard and mouse.

feldm4n
11-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Hey thanks for the kudos everyone. Yea to compare this to Doom3 mod should not even be done. Still all in all i completed this in a two month range which isn't too bad for what it turned out like. So my next one i won't have a deadline and can really focus on every detail possible as i love to focus on the smallest of details. It will also be a total custom job. Once again thanks for the kudos.
-Matthew

Fear
11-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Any teases on whats coming next? I really admire how you take movies and create mods after them. Im sure if you got a chance to show the movie producers or such, they'd be thrilled, AVP then Spiderman 3 (not even out yet lmao), whats next?

feldm4n
11-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Whats next is classified haha. I have this thing for trying to keep a build as secret as i can until the work log starts going. Even then i will hide certain details so peple can guess what it is haha. I think if you leave people in anticipation its that much funner for everyone. Plus sometimes i miss covering certain things up in photos and give it away, kind of like an easter egg hunt haha.

I thank you for your compliments. I really like to work with movie themes because movies are an awesome thing we have to escape life at times. I am looking at showing a producer of the Spiderman3 movie this case and hope to get in touch with them. I will let you know how that pans out. Thanks again for the compliments Fear.
-Matthew

Vertigo
11-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Can't wait to see it, personally I love the movie/game themed ones myself. (Still in awe over the 13 ghosts mod) I was thinking a Silent Hill mod would be good. Maybe one of these days, I've got 3 other PCs to work on and a laptop before I do anything else :P

tybrenis
12-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Very well done indeed! You used a great combination of elements in this mod to make a great mod. The aluminum looks great, the painting looks great, the acrylic looks great... just wow.

Maybe I missed it in your log but how did you do the painting for the black to red faded backround? You had a cool "spidey" pattern.

USERX15
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Wicked sick! Is that carbon fiber? Or am I mistaken. Really nice mod, looks really professional, better than Alienware's Superman cases. lol.

feldm4n
12-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Nope not carbon fiber. Just a nice paint job to match the case :) Thanks for the compliments everyone.
-Matthew

UserX
01-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Thats So ridiclously sick! Who did the painting...And since im such a noob. Why did you use the box to do what ever you were doing in there..? That and THat little record player lookin thing is pretty sweet! (Sorry for the noob-ness):banana:

samurai_crip
01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Thats So ridiclously sick! Who did the painting...And since im such a noob. Why did you use the box to do what ever you were doing in there..? That and THat little record player lookin thing is pretty sweet! (Sorry for the noob-ness):banana:

He used that "Dust fre box" to stop dust getting into the HDD's when he took them apart :D

RottNKorpse
01-06-2007, 01:44 AM
damn dude that is one of the sweetest lookin cases I've ever seen....damn good job.

Thallion
01-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Ok, you said you used fishnets to get the patterning on the components/case while painting.... Could you explain exactly how you achieved this?

Did you paint a base color, wrap in fishnets and then paint the final color, ad pull off the fishnets to leave the base color...???

Fishnets just seem like they wouldn't survive being used as a stencil like that....

SgtM
01-09-2007, 11:02 AM
That and THat little record player lookin thing is pretty sweet! (Sorry for the noob-ness):banana:

That would be a hard drive with a window. He used the tote box as a "clean room" so this could be achieved. Removing the cover to a hard drive under less than perfect conditions would render it useless. The smallest dust particle would destroy it. There are those that would debate this though.