PDA

View Full Version : Kingwin Watercooler

Mitternacht
12-01-2006, 10:49 PM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1020396&Sku=K450-1018

Ok, so I looked at a bunch of watercoolers, and I like this one the best. BUT, there's a few customer reviews that hate it, and some say the instructions could be better.

Should I trust it? Is it really worth $90, or should I spend more money on another watercooling system?

Zephik
12-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Okay, I'm just going to say this out of my own opinion so take from it what you want. If it cost less than $150USD then you probably shouldn't buy it. Unless of course you like SAYING you have water cooling and/or you like the way it looks. Even then, you should be careful what you buy. There is a reason why you can't build a H2O kit that cheap! It's because they use the cheapest of the cheapest stuff that they usually design and build themselves because you can't buy parts that cheap.

So if you are looking for the "extreme" for cooling your PC as water cooling was meant to be, Go with a good fan system instead. There isn't anyway imo that you will get the performance of a good fan system out of a cheap water system. Btw, cheap water systems are usually more trouble than what they are worth.

Here are some more reviews for you to look at. Keep in mind that the people who give great awesome reviews often don't know diddly about real water cooling.

Kingwin Watercooler (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835124005) on newegg.com

-SnowFire

isunktheship
12-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Just wait. It's temping to spend 100 bucks and get "watercooling" but just save up some more, and get the better system.

Danger Den is great, and if you invest your money into DD parts, you will be happy with what you buy. Also with DD, once you have a good system you may not need to change much of it. If a new chip/chipset comes out, you may not need to buy anything; the system you already have may do the job. If you do have to buy a new waterblock, so be it; you still have an amazing watercooling system, that is fully customizeable.

When you add onto the system, you can add onto the DD parts you bought. Everything matches, and you end up with a real watercooling system.

One of the most important, and most expensive, parts of the watercooling system is the pump. Prices for pumps can range from $30-100. If you buy a cheap pump, don't expect to have the fully customizable ability. If you invest a little more money, it will go a long way.

Mitternacht
12-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Well, ...which watercooler out there can you guys recommend for socket 478?

Silenced_Coyote
12-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Are you only going to be cooling your CPU? Are you going to watercool because you want silence or for overclocking? Also, what is your budget?

Mitternacht
12-04-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll buy it just to have it. Besides, I hear the mean is about $150 for the kits.