PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Episode 1

simon275
12-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Did any one else find it to easy? Even on the hardest setting? It only takes a few hours to finish. I know it is only part of the game but I never had to redo a section though. The first half of the game is a cakewalk with the gravity gun and the second half is just blocking the holes to stopping the bugs coming out of the ground and killing zombies, combine and zombines (Crap joke made by alyx). While it was only $30 bucks from the store on DVD I still feel it was a little weak.

My 2 cents really don’t get this game for the gameplay but for the continuation story. Although the preview at the end for Episode II looks like it may have promise.

monoflap
12-04-2006, 10:50 PM
I thought Episode 1 was a good game just because it was Half Life 2. What let me down was the amount of recycled content. It actually started getting monotonous.. Half Life 2 monotonous, how depressing. Episode 2 looks like it's going to up the anty though, completely different environment, supposed to be very open ended. Looks refreshing :lick: .

AKA_RA
12-04-2006, 10:55 PM
it was like an intro to the world of half life outside city 17. or whatever that place was, heh. i never was much for the story line til i bought the original and expansions on steam.

anyways, i think it did its job.
cliffhanger in HL2 -> intro to outside world -> outside world
^_^
btw, whats with the ocean in HL? if it was really drained that much we all die cuz the earths mas would drop, we prolly lose the moon and get hurled through space as a giant frozen people covered snowball. lol
but that wouldnt be much of a game now, would it ;)

simon275
12-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah they are draining the ocean but shhhhhhh!!!!!!! keep sense and reason out of this. Also we could spiral into the sun or crash into another planet. And if we did head outwards we would never get through the asteroid belt.

The preiveiw of Ep II has a cliff hanger in it :rolleyes:

I also found that I could just cower behind alyx as she unleashed more lead the entire 101st airborne divison did during WWII. Zombines run at you. No problem hide behind her she shoots em and then kicks em over. Y

eah know I think about it it is more a filler to tie up what happens to the citadel and show what happens next. They could have just skipped it and made the vorogaunts tele you to outside the city. But then you wouldn't get packets from the message

Also what I don't get it why do the badies need to destroy the citadel to send a message. Are they trying to rip a hole in space or something with the bang!

d_stilgar
12-05-2006, 03:47 AM
I don't know if you guys have seen previews for Portal, but apparently it is going to be set in the Halflife universe and introduce a new character that will meet up with gordon in one of the later episodes.

simon275
12-05-2006, 04:32 AM
I heard about it but I didn't know they would meet up. I wonder if we will see the soilder from opposing force again?

nil8
12-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I think opfor for hl2 would be great.
Ep2 should be fun and (hopefully) a strech from ep1.

m4gnum
12-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm waiting for all the episodes to come out, then I'll be able to pick up the lot for £20 probably.

simon275
12-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm waiting for all the episodes to come out, then I'll be able to pick up the lot for £20 probably.

Enjoy waiting till 2008 maybe even 2009.

Yeah I want opposing force source or a new game for it. With maybe sheapard being a civilian like the ones that fight with gorden freeman. Maybe he could be like party bionically implemented or something by the combine to to make him powerful.