PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Complex Question

DaveW
12-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know if there's a way to get a wireless router with CVS built into it, including a networked hard drive?

I want to set up a CVS server, but i don't want all the hassle of a fully blown server. I want to run it from a network drive, but this obviously isn't possible-i'd need some kind of router to run the CVS software.

In the meantime, I'll just use the Uni's CVS server, but i'd prefer to have all my work on a computer that i owned.

-Dave

Airbozo
12-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Not aware of any wireless routers with cvs built in. I know that there are some linux based router appliances that you could install a cvs package onto. let me see if I can find them.

BTW what cvs package are you interested in? My hosting company (bluehost.com) allows me to install certain things on their servers including different cvs packages. I have been playing with them to check out the capabilities, but not sure what one I will use. I know you want your data on _your_ system, but I could create an account for you on mine, and there is a feature on some of the packages to d'load the data locally... and airbozo.com is NOT going away anytime soon.

DaveW
12-06-2006, 07:24 PM
I already have access to the University's CVS servers, i'm really just looking to set one up for myself so that i can use it for everything-and possible set on up here on the TBCS server too to make future upgrades easier.

I can't remember the exact protocol i'll use, it's most likely one of the ones based on ssh= xaxssh or something?

-Dave