PDA

View Full Version : The Tarantula Keyboard

isunktheship
12-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Coincidentally, the only other review in here is also by me, and is about a keyboard... oh well.

I recently purchased the Razer Tarantula:
http://www.razerzone.com/images/tarantula/Razer-tarantula.jpg

The first thing I noticed about this board was it's sleek design. The board has buttons for anything you can think of, and if it doesn't, then just program them in yourself!

Cool keyboards have USB's and what not, but this board has 2 USB's, a mic jack, and a headphone jack. The board needs 2 USB's to be attatched to the computer, but it also has jacks to the mic and headphone jacks in your sound card/mobo.

If you want to create different keysets, just make a new profile. There are 10 different keys, L1-5, and R1-5, (left and right side of board). At the top center of the board there is a position to put a "tarantula" brand webcam or a light.

I'm gonna program some keys now, so.. I'll check this thread out later.

If you have any questions please post them!

ESX
12-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Does those keys that glow in the picture also glow in RL?

simon275
12-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Wow thats sleek. Whats the thing on the top of the keyboard? A light sensor.

Durrthock
12-09-2006, 10:52 PM
I don't like how razer always shows off how their mice get 1600 or 1800dpi when my mouse the logitech g5 already gets 2000dpi with adjustable setting of
800 1600 and 2000

isunktheship
12-10-2006, 05:40 AM
Does those keys that glow in the picture also glow in RL?

Yes, the 5 left keys, and 5 right keys glow, as well as the Razer logo, the "lock" keys, and the profile key.

Wow thats sleek. Whats the thing on the top of the keyboard? A light sensor.

The thing on the top of the keyboard is actually quite cool.. If you want to spend some more money you can put in a "gaming" light, which makes it easier to type in the dark I guess... or you can attach a gaming camer, basically a webcam that the company makes. The reason for the webcam is so that you can "see your friend's expression when you beat them"... but there are no current games that have features like that. I suppose you could play some chess on yahoo or something... not sure if your friend needs one too or not, I would think no.

I don't like how razer always shows off how their mice get 1600 or 1800dpi when my mouse the logitech g5 already gets 2000dpi with adjustable setting of
800 1600 and 2000

Hehe, yeah that's just how companies are. Logitech does quite a bit of advertising as well, like the fact that you can change weights of your mouse. Is that a huge problem nowadays? A mouse that's too light? "Well, sorry for having such a terrible score guys, my mouse weight is off." What happened to the gamers who could adapt for their surroundings? Currently my weapon of choice is a Microsoft stock mouse that I got from my dad's work for free, about 4 years ago. Still pwning to the day.

Arden
12-11-2006, 03:18 AM
I agree....but my friend got me a G5 so suck mine...jkjk

Canada's Own Falcon
12-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Personally, I prefer my G15 keyboard, the keys are back lit, so no need for a little light, it only uses one USB port, and the insert/delete/etc... keys are a set of six horizontally, rather than vertically. plus, the number keys, and bottom left of the alpha numeric portion are full size, rather than truncated.
Neat idea with the "spider port" but, not very useful right now...

Aero
12-11-2006, 11:29 PM
psshh. I've got a "Turbo-Media" with an "Fn" key that does nothing, beat that.

lol, that thing does look sweet. I wish they would create a new high end wireless keyboard though. Sure battery life might be a problem, but slap an expensize Lithium Ion battery on their and you get a few hours of use out of it.

Durrthock
12-12-2006, 10:27 PM
The weight thing is actually pretty cool.
Don't knock it till ya tried it

Omega
12-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Actually, the G5 is a pretty badass mouse. I wouldn't say that it can affect your game too horribly much, but it can give you a bleeding edge, as opposed to a cutting one.

That's like saying that gamepads are useless, when they aren't. One of my buddies is so into UT2k4 that he bought a gamepad that conforms to his hand and a G5 and he actually got a little bit better.

Fear
12-12-2006, 10:58 PM
For christmas dad said I can have any mouse and keyboard I want.

So far heres what I am thinking-

+Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue
+Logitech G15

Watchy'll think?