PDA

View Full Version : Who Are the 2 Spidey 3 Villians?

The_Wippuh
05-20-2005, 05:22 PM
The 2 actors have been unvieled as Topher Grace and Thomas Haden Church.

Grace is known for his work on That 70's Show, but left it after this season's last episode. Church is the hit of every feel good article written about his life from Wings to indie movie gone massive, Sideways.

Here are my guesses.

Grace as Carnage and Church as Venom!

ludothegreat
05-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Sandman has been confirmed for one of the villians while Venom is still in the rumor stages.

EDIT: After some more reading up on it I found out that Sandman is unofficialy confirmed. Also Topher Grace is rumored to be playing venom.

mashie
05-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Oh no, not one more spider-man film...

invalid lab
05-22-2005, 08:54 PM
sandman and venom.

I read up alot on movie sites and it seems the preproduction area for spiderman3 has a few venom busts lying around and recently did some screen tests with sand.

Do the math.

Dash20
05-23-2005, 12:07 AM
I think it's a terrible idea to have more than one villain if they're featuring Venom. There's enough backstory to give Venom his own movie (and I"m not talking about the Secret Wars. I'd be perfectly happy with the 90's cartoon origin). I can't really accept the credibility for Sandman either, so hopefully they'll make Venom the focus and Sandman the walking brute. And what is to become of the second Green Goblin? Have they abandoned the idea, or will Harry switch sides last-minute (like he did in the comics)?

I doubt this has any relevance to the movie now, but the newest Spider-Man game seems to have Venom as a main focus. The reason I doubt the connection is because of the cel shading style of the game that makes it so different from the first two. I guess time will tell.

Malatory
05-23-2005, 09:56 AM
I thought 3 was to have the Hobgoblin (Not the 2nd Green Goblin). and 4 was to have Venom.

The Grendel
05-23-2005, 10:50 AM
I'd rather not see either goblin.
Bringing the goblin back (either green2 or hob) worked fine in the comics and even in the cartoon.

But bringing it back to the big screen would be a BIG mistake, Sure all of the fans who know the story front to back would like it. BUT the movie is targetted at more then just the die hard fans. The average Joe who doesn't know anything other than the movies isn't going to like going back to a similar villain for the movie.

Besides, there are so many different villains to choose from for spiderman. Why go back to something that's allready been done? (yeah yeah, I KNOW there were 3 different goblins: but how many changes do YOU think they could make to it?) I hope they stick to using new characters for the movies, instead of the other Goblins.

-Grendel

The_Wippuh
05-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Church does have that look that Sandman possesses. As long as they don't use the serpent guy, I'm fine. There's really no way to make that character cool on the big screen.

The other actor reminds me of Venom in no way whatsoever. They need to get some meathead to play Venom. The slight build of Grace reminds me of Carnage way more.

Malatory
05-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Refresh My memory on the history of spiderman ... The End of Spiderman 2 gives the opening on a Villian for Spiderman 3 (Son of Ozcorp -sp-) finds all of his dads goodies. Wouldnt that lead to Hobgoblin ?? Or would it be the return of the Green Goblin??

(My my works proxies/ firewalls didn't block a lot of things I would look for the list I seen on the Vilains to go up agains spiderman).

Dash20
05-23-2005, 03:58 PM
The Hobgoblin seems more plausible than GG2, even though Harry IS the second Green Goblin. But I think only the minority of comic book loyalists will complain about straying from the source, and wouldn't have a significant impact on the box office.

I have to agree with The_Wippuh, Topher Grace isn't well suited for Venom. Carnage, okay, but a meathead is needed for Venom. I feel that Grace and McGuire resemble each other in a number of ways, namely age. Perhaps Grace's character is a classmate gone evil, are there any Spidey villains that would fit that description? Just bouncing theories, because I've really no clue what I'm talking about (too many comics to catch up on ;)).

Help me out here. :D

invalid lab
05-23-2005, 06:35 PM
I agree totally that topher is all wrong for venom if its true. It would actually make me mad.

Here is a link about the rumors:
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20277

Xbrid
06-19-2005, 05:57 AM
this is coming from someone who has only read some of the the comics,
Can some one explain who hobgolbin and green goblin 2 are?

Dash20
06-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, I left a more detailed post earlier that somehow got deleted. Anyone want to tell me why that happened? :?

Anyway, Green Goblin 2 is Harry Osborne, who took over the mask for his Daddy. I couldn't tell you much about the Hobgoblin because there are so many mixed stories, so maybe someone else can help with this? :)

Xbrid
06-21-2005, 03:34 AM
ok. the Hobgoblin is the orange one with the pumkin bombs, correct?

Dash20
06-22-2005, 03:06 AM
Yes, orange and blue = Hobby. :) Of course, Green Goblin has pumpkin bombs too.

Xbrid
06-22-2005, 04:30 AM
ok. thanks for the help

Malatory
06-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Yes, orange and blue = Hobby. :) Of course, Green Goblin has pumpkin bombs too.

Thats because there arms dealer is the same company. You think they would go after the one dealing in arms.

omg the bad guy has WMD. get him!!!

Zeus
06-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Thats because there arms dealer is the same company. You think they would go after the one dealing in arms.

omg the bad guy has WMD. get him!!!

Yeah, ok Mr. Bush. Whatever you say.

Dash20
06-23-2005, 02:43 AM
lol :D

Malatory
06-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah, ok Mr. Bush. Whatever you say.

ahhahahah

Go Team America

Xbrid
06-24-2005, 01:36 AM