PDA

View Full Version : Unknown error...NVIDIA Graphics Driver

Lexonex
12-09-2006, 09:46 AM
WE SHOULD ALL GO TO OTHER BOARDS...........:banana:

ESX
12-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Well, if it says the problem is with the drivers, why not try to update them?

I myself have never encountered such a problem.

monoflap
12-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Could you tell us what video card you are running and how old your computer is? Also, if you are going to update the drivers, go directly to the Nvidia website. Oh, and when you do update you can always use the roll back drivers so don't freak if things get worse. If new drivers doesn't remedy your problem the card may have been damaged from previous power surges.

slytherock
12-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Look more like your drivers have been messed up, strart by cleaning your driver using DriverCleaner (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Driver-Cleaner.shtml) and reinstall them.

ESX
12-09-2006, 02:13 PM
The card could've been damaged due to electrical instability, but I wouldnt go with that without beeing sure.
First, check EVERY possible aspect of drivers/software/lose cables problems, and then you can move to hardware checking.
If you can, get a different video card, and run it for a bit, if the problem disappears, its probably your video card.

slytherock
12-09-2006, 05:08 PM
(Oh I did NOT have to do an uninstall)
The uninstall is to make sure that you dont have any corrupted files, if you didnt do it and it work, fine, but I always make sure there's nothing left from the previous drivers, this way everything is clean... But cool if it worked fine :)

ESX
12-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Good luck! I hope this fixes it.

slytherock
01-15-2007, 09:39 AM
If you can get into Windows, try to downclock your vid card.