PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars III

Crimson Sky
05-21-2005, 06:13 PM
what a turd of a film.

invalid lab
05-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but this is one of the few negatives I have seen. Care to elaborate?

Xato
05-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Its not like you can complain about knowing whats going to happen though. You've seen the rest of the story before it.
I thought anakins acting in it was a lot more 'suited' to him.
I found it generally more watchable than the first two, though some parts were only just bareable.

FX
05-22-2005, 12:51 PM
I found the film to be overall enjoyable. Nice visual effects, consistent storyline, and the timeline fit in to a degree with episodes 4,5 & 6.

For the sake of those that haven't yet seen the film, I'm going to hold off a bit on saying anything in detail for awhile.

Frakk
05-22-2005, 01:07 PM
i havent seen it yet, but others responses this is one of those "love it or hate it" movies. some ppl say it was really bad, others are totally hyped up about it. guess ill have to see it myself :)

mashie
05-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I liked it even though it almost used too much CG the first hour. It is however by far the best of ep 1-3 and ties in nicely with ep 4.

Oh and Yoda kick ass ;)

invalid lab
05-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Just got back from seeing it and I could not disagree more with crimson. I loved it. Ties into the later movies very well.

R/C Pilot
05-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I saw it last night and thought it was good. I already have plans to see it again. I thought the effects were excellent especially Yoda's fight.

I think the Episode III game for xbox should have included Yoda in the multi player.

Crimson Sky
05-22-2005, 07:46 PM
The script and the acting could not have been worse---the wooden delivery of every line made it almost unbearable, and downright embarrasing to watch. You cared nothing for the characters and their situation. You just have to live with the fact that the director does not like his audience--at all--in fact he probably hates you.

The tempo of the film felt rushed--time was compressed so much --towards the end they were just throwing plot points at you like circus clowns with hard candy.

Dash20
05-23-2005, 12:15 AM
I haven't seen the movie yet either, but Episode II was on CBC tonight so I figured I'd kick back and watch the second half. After watching it, I almost don't want to see Episode III now despite the bad acting, but I think it's inevitable.

I also believe Lucas has sold out on his fans. He also has an overfed obsession with CGI... even if done well, it almost seems like too much to digest. I'll go into this movie with an open mind and, hopefully, leave thinking it was two hours well-spent.

R/C Pilot
05-23-2005, 12:16 AM
I felt the tempo of the movie was ok, it was not any more rushed than the others. As for the plot, If you saw the original Star Wars you knew what was going to happen next, so it felt as if it was just thrown at you. You need to think of it as if you had not seen IV, V, and VI.

If you want to talk about a bad Star Wars I have always thought that V was useless. It did not move the plot except for luke meeting Yoda and getting his training. The rest of the movie was useless to the plot.

Or what about VI they couldn't think of anything new so they had to blow up another Death Star. How about something new.

If you look you can always find something wrong!!

Xato
05-23-2005, 12:23 AM
I get the feeling crimson doesn't like the new star wars film... lol
I'm assuming ur a die hard Original saga fan crim?

Crimson Sky
05-23-2005, 03:38 AM
I get the feeling crimson doesn't like the new star wars film... lol
I'm assuming ur a die hard Original saga fan crim?

it was all down hill after ESB.

jonopaul01
05-23-2005, 06:24 AM
If you want to talk about a bad Star Wars I have always thought that V was useless. It did not move the plot except for luke meeting Yoda and getting his training. The rest of the movie was useless to the plot.

What?? I haven't seen the 3rd movie (going to se it this weekend), but having watched all the others I can tell you that The Empire Strikes Back is the best film of the lot! The only part I didn't like was the way Luke started crying after he learnt that Vader was his father (sorry for the spoiler for any one who didn't know that). Other than that it was great. But yes, ROTJ was pretty rubbish, completely devoid of a real plot.

Malatory
05-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Ok I can say I seen all 6 (Like who hasn't *GRIN*).

I would say that 3 is the better of the 1st 3.

You have to remimber the Anakin/Dark Vader is to bring blance once again between the sith and the Jedi. If there is only a few Sith lords out there, It should be plan as day that only a few of the Jedi will live.

also with all of the points they needed to make to tie in to the 3 that everything was based on. They did have to cram a lot in the 2.5 hours.(Or they would have to make more changes to the 1st ones IV,V,VI).

[Sarcasism]
Law of a Jedi that I got out of the movie. Your not a true Jedi until you Cut someone hands off or hand your Hand(s) cut off yourself.[/sarcasim]

The_Wippuh
05-23-2005, 11:20 AM
I thought it was way better than the first two. I plan on sitting down sometime here in the future and watching all 6 episodes and testing out a theory I have. The cheese/fluff and wooden dialogue of the 1, 2 and 3 really comes about from the lack of the Han Solo element. Ford was such a good actor that he took all of that fluff in the original series and made it cool. The latest three, well, they've lacked the Fonz.

I agree with Crimson Sky in that the tempo was horrible. Especially the Vader vs Obi Wan battle. The ending of that fight was absolutely horrible.

I kept laughing during the movie at the bad dialogue ("lost the will to live" LOL) and for all of the stuff we kept hearing about when Vader was revealed in full getup for the first time, I found it very anticlimatic. It was straight out of a high school acting class. Nice shaking fists, you're just so angry big guy, haha.

Looking forward to the extended DVD release as I feel like there were tons of cut scenes that really did make the flow seem bad.

Dracula
07-18-2005, 09:19 PM
dunno what you are all talking about,
i think the acting is good (maybe its just the fact that i'am dutch)
i've seen the movie 2 times but i dont see the bad acting or the bad story or stuff like that its a good movie addional to Blade 3 that movie sux real hard
StarWars is overall a very good film serie but the only thing i think it sux is in episode 4 5 & 6 the StarFighters look really ugly addional to the other movies

TheGreatSatan
07-19-2005, 01:15 AM
I have only one complaint. If R2 can fly in the first three episodes then why the hell couldn't he just fly out of the damn swamp on Dagobah?

Zeus
07-19-2005, 09:13 AM
finally you begin to see clearly young padawan