PDA

View Full Version : connect 3d X1600 Pro wont work with new drivers

The Great Destroyer
12-12-2006, 05:47 PM
ok, my friend sold me a bunch of his spare pc parts (almost an entire PC) but i cant play Need for Speed Carbon, it just restarts my computer. i checked the readme and it said the game was tested with driver 6.8. so i go online and look for drivers. i download the 6.11 (newest one) and it wont work. in order to use the new driver, it uninstalled my old one, and when my computer restarts it says that i have no driver installed and dxdiag says i have the standard vga installed and Catalyst Control Center wont open because it says i dont have any ATI drivers. then i take the installation cd, reinstall the drivers it came with, and it works fine. i emailed ati/amd but didnt get a response. i went to the connect3d site and downloaded the driver they gave me, but the same thing happened. right now im going to download driver 6.8 and see if that works.

edit: ok, installed 6.8, and the only thing that changed was that it came up with the "Windows did not start normally..." screen when my computer restarted to finish the installation, so i had to start it in Last Known Good Configuration to get it to start up right. the game still restarts my computer when i hit "play"

monoflap
12-12-2006, 06:21 PM
I read about a couple driver issues with this particular card on newegg. If it worked for your friend, I would ask him what drivers he was running. If those drivers won't work for carbon, you can look on the site for supported cards and recommended drivers. Also, does this happen on all your games or just Carbon?

The Great Destroyer
12-12-2006, 06:27 PM
its just carbon. and my friend had the same problem a while back when he tried installing 6.10, but we cant remember how we fixed it.

monoflap
12-12-2006, 08:55 PM
If there is a patch out for Carbon, I would make sure I had the latest one. Lots of times they fix these driver issues with patches.

loser
01-07-2007, 11:47 AM
so i have x1600, and i have the old driver not the new .11 one or whatever
and my comp runs carbon gold.so its not the driver.