PDA

View Full Version : Getting Sponsored...

qck+
05-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Well... Im a rather skilled gamer and landed upon a company that sells game servers and pc parts. I already have the deal setup with the servers but he told me to get a list of waht I want for my pc and hell make and ship it to me. So... Im not pc illeterate. Can someone post a not amazing but a very nice gaming pc setup with all the parts please =\. So he could make my pc thanks a ton...

qck.

MrSlacker
05-22-2005, 10:10 PM
hmmmm, you need everything including case, monitor, mouse/kb, speakers? here is a list for the box:
AMD 4000 San Diego
1GB of RAM
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
ATI Radeon X850XT/PE
WD 74GB Raptor
Maxtor 300gb 16mb buffer

qck+
05-22-2005, 10:40 PM
just the guts of the pc. if speakers what would you reccomend?

MrSlacker
05-22-2005, 10:51 PM
all depends if you want 5.1 or 2.1. also i forgot PSU, get PC Power & Cooling PSU.

Xato
05-23-2005, 12:15 AM
get some logitech Z5500 theatre speakers... awesome 5.1's

Zeus
05-23-2005, 12:26 AM
get some logitech Z5500 theatre speakers... awesome 5.1's

I had those. they were awesome until they died. I suspect my roommate had a hand in it

Frakk
05-23-2005, 01:40 AM
not to be an ass or anything but if your a rather skilled gamer, you should know ure hardware no? :D

Zeus
05-23-2005, 01:57 AM
come to think of it. That seems a valid point

Kaolian
05-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm a rather skilled gamer who gets payed for collecting game data and whatnot (allakhazam.com) but I've never had someone offer to give me a free top of the line computer... Something seems odd here, but I don't see the angle.

qck+
05-23-2005, 02:45 PM
well you cant just be skilled you got to win local lans, got to win online leagues, and got to simply pwn every clan in your games community. Seems od, I got sponsred at age 13 in avp2, now i just got responsored at age 15 for avp2, and painkiller. :]. Someone give me a pat on the back. But no well the only thing gamers really care about are, are monitors, head set, mouse, mouse pad, and keyboard. The rest we usually let others take care of :].

Zeus
05-23-2005, 11:39 PM
well I don't get paid to game. But I must say that I find the lack of interest in what makes your gaming possible is a bit disheartening. I tend to be teh type who takes a keen interest in what makes my hobbies (or employment) tick. No matter who else was in charge of making sure I was up and running. Maybe it's just me.

Malatory
05-24-2005, 10:18 AM
well I don't get paid to game. But I must say that I find the lack of interest in what makes your gaming possible is a bit disheartening. I tend to be teh type who takes a keen interest in what makes my hobbies (or employment) tick. No matter who else was in charge of making sure I was up and running. Maybe it's just me.

I understand what you mean on that ... but I do run into that attaude with the line of work I am in so I also can see where he is coming from. I am a Unix programmer by day and I know more about the Hardware than any of my other co workers. There thoughts are " I dont need to know that ... you have that covered ". But is also comes down to it. I am able to Identify what area is causing a problem than thinking the slow compression/ encryption is the way it should be.

I Guess it all comes down to what do you like the most ?? AMD or Intel procs.
ATI or Nvida for Graphics?

May want to wait on the request and get a Dual Core machine.

FX
05-24-2005, 02:16 PM
It's great to hear more people are getting sponsored to game, and if you're good enough to get a sponsor, my hat's off to you. Asking for help is good, but know you're opening yourself up to get flamed by people for a variety of reasons.

Saying that, it's not important what other people think, however, you should know what you're driving well enough to be able to get the results you're after. Graphics, motherboard, processor; they all play a vital role in maximizing the results you're after, and although you don't need to be a technician, you should have a good understanding of the parts you're going to need to get the best results.

As a gamer, I'd recommend AMD and nVidia, as they're tuned more to gamers than anything. Use high performance ram from a company such as OZC or Mushkin, your hard drives should be 10,000 RPM drives, as being able to access information faster helps reduce latency. As good as CRT monitors go, using an LCD with a great refresh rate will benefit the mobility of your system. If you're going to be moving your system a lot, get yourself a set of Xbags (www.xbags.com) to carry your system in. I have yet to find anything like them, and for those that are interested in case carryiers, we will be doing a review on the Xbags line of PC carriers in the near future.

Power is the other concern you should have. The stability of your system is primarily based on how dependable and stable your supply of power is. There are many companies that sell PSU's, but only a few of them have dependable power supplies.

One other note. The professional gamers I know, don't use large resolutions with high detailing, they use 800x600 with mid to low detail to maintain high frame rates in games with lots of things going on on screen. It's those of us who play in our homes and offices that go for the highest detailing and large resolutions. With that being said, one graphics card should be enough for you, but make sure it has all the features you're going to need. Don't just go for the best overall card, go for the best gaming card you can get. If this is a gaming system, make it a gaming system, not something you're going to use photoshop, flash, or burn MP3's and DVD's on.

Good luck with this, and hope everything works out well for you.

X child
05-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Check out the front page for a link to upgrading your computer for $1000. It should get you some ideas about computers and gives you some good components and the reasons why you should get them. All you would really have to do is get a better processor and shazaam! Your system is done. Well the stuff you don't know much about anyway. Add hard drives and optical drives and a case and your in like flinn.

qck+
05-24-2005, 04:07 PM
It's great to hear more people are getting sponsored to game, and if you're good enough to get a sponsor, my hat's off to you. Asking for help is good, but know you're opening yourself up to get flamed by people for a variety of reasons.

Saying that, it's not important what other people think, however, you should know what you're driving well enough to be able to get the results you're after. Graphics, motherboard, processor; they all play a vital role in maximizing the results you're after, and although you don't need to be a technician, you should have a good understanding of the parts you're going to need to get the best results.

As a gamer, I'd recommend AMD and nVidia, as they're tuned more to gamers than anything. Use high performance ram from a company such as OZC or Mushkin, your hard drives should be 10,000 RPM drives, as being able to access information faster helps reduce latency. As good as CRT monitors go, using an LCD with a great refresh rate will benefit the mobility of your system. If you're going to be moving your system a lot, get yourself a set of Xbags (www.xbags.com) to carry your system in. I have yet to find anything like them, and for those that are interested in case carryiers, we will be doing a review on the Xbags line of PC carriers in the near future.

Power is the other concern you should have. The stability of your system is primarily based on how dependable and stable your supply of power is. There are many companies that sell PSU's, but only a few of them have dependable power supplies.

One other note. The professional gamers I know, don't use large resolutions with high detailing, they use 800x600 with mid to low detail to maintain high frame rates in games with lots of things going on on screen. It's those of us who play in our homes and offices that go for the highest detailing and large resolutions. With that being said, one graphics card should be enough for you, but make sure it has all the features you're going to need. Don't just go for the best overall card, go for the best gaming card you can get. If this is a gaming system, make it a gaming system, not something you're going to use photoshop, flash, or burn MP3's and DVD's on.

Good luck with this, and hope everything works out well for you.

Yo thanks bro soon as I came to check up on this thread I say 2 pages and im like that sucks time to read flamages, lol. But you made an amazing post Im looking at basically everything you said so far, amd and nvidia i guess, i wanted ati, but... more and more peopel are saying nvidia so Im like ok.

Frakk
05-24-2005, 04:29 PM
ati all the way! :D

FX
05-24-2005, 05:00 PM
When it comes right down to it, both ATi and nVidia make similar products, and you can't really go wrong with either one.

» nVidia is "traditionally" better with gaming cards, however, they're also quick to leap in order to win the race for new tech, but also require more frequent updates to unlock and optimize their cards. nVidia pushes for performance above all.

» ATi are better in visually demanding applications, and started this race as the company to beat in 3D visuals. Their cards are nowadays usually more stable, as feature packed as their competition, but require less driver udating as they're released feature ready and open to developers.

Flip the coin, pick a side, that's all I ever hear, but for those that do their homework, their decisions tend to be based on more than personal preference, but rather, on the facts that fit their needs. Personally, I prefer ATi. I'm a graphic designer, I do game skins and textures in addition to websites and TBCS. ATi meets my needs head on, and with the way they're doing SLI, it's not about to change.

MrSlacker
05-24-2005, 07:39 PM
ATI vs. nVidia
it all depends on what price you are looking at. for example, when i was building my comp, i had around $300 for video card. i looked at nVidia 6800GT and ATI 800XL. in benchmarks 800XL beat 6800GT, then i looked at the price and saw that 800XL was about $70 cheaper. so this was no brainer for me. i think 800XL is THE best bang for you buck today.

Zeus
05-24-2005, 08:00 PM
ATI vs. nVidia
it all depends on what price you are looking at. for example, when i was building my comp, i had around $300 for video card. i looked at nVidia 6800GT and ATI 800XL. in benchmarks 800XL beat 6800GT, then i looked at the price and saw that 800XL was about $70 cheaper. so this was no brainer for me. i think 800XL is THE best bang for you buck today.

Which benchmarks did you look at? Could you hook us up with some linkage?

MrSlacker
05-24-2005, 08:38 PM
damn i cant find specific links right now. but i know that X800XL beats 6800GT in a lot of benchies

ZeD
05-24-2005, 09:11 PM
last 10 tests I read regarding the X800 Vs 6800 GT showed the ATI trailing in all but a few benchmarks, also why reccomend an SLI motherboard to this guy if your gonna pair it up with an ATI videocard?

MrSlacker
05-24-2005, 09:24 PM
last 10 tests I read regarding the X800 Vs 6800 GT showed the ATI trailing in all but a few benchmarks, also why reccomend an SLI motherboard to this guy if your gonna pair it up with an ATI videocard?
X800 or X800XL? there is a huge difference. depends on his budget, he can get SLI or non-SLI rig.

FX
05-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Someone who's playing games professionally won't need SLI for awhile, they don't play in resolutions high enough for 2 cards to matter.

Benchmarks are a good way to get ideas, however, the results vary too much for my tastes. If you'd like to know what kind of a system is better for the game(s) you're playing, you can ask here, or PM me.

ATi will be releasing their SLI video cards very soon, so there's no reason why he can't use an SLI board, and upgrade in the future. Honestly though, you won't need SLI for awhile if you're doing competitive gaming, just a good system built around what you need it for.

Frakk
05-24-2005, 10:04 PM
not to mention the game his playing...avp2. 3 years old game wont need an sli system, not even an x800 series card.

temmink
05-24-2005, 11:45 PM
I have some experience in competitive semi-pro gaming and you have to remember that as soon as sponsor money is involved you must take it very seriously. What was a game for you is now an investment by them, and you have to give them their money's worth or you will never get a gaming gig again. This is also probably the time to 'upgrade' your hardware knowledge as you are your own pit crew! I've written a basic guide to what you will need to do to have a good gaming rig, and hardware is only the first part. Hope it helps...

When building a gaming rig the single most important thing is simplicity. Priorities should be: Reliability & Usability. It doesn't matter how top-end your rig is if it foobars itself every time you try to boot a game. I’ve tried to give a basic hardware overview of the requirements for a pro-gaming rig and also some of the discipline and non-gaming that is required to maintain it as a competitive tool, which it now is.

Here is a basic guide to what I would use for a pro-gaming rig.
Processor: Look for a second or subsequent generation processor; in most cases you will get better results. I have always been an AMD man and would probably steer that way, most likely one of the 64fx series running at x86 but by all means go for a P4 if you like.
Memory: 1 GB of quality ram is enough for your purposes.
Mobo: your going to get onboard stuff on pretty much any board you get, I would advise using the onboard sound, network (you should be able to get gigabit) just for simplicity. I have had some bad experiences with MSI, so I would probably steer clear, obviously your choice of MOBO will be influenced by your processor and ram (make absolutely sure that your ram is supported).
Sound: As mentioned above use the onboard sound, best to bundle with a forward mounted fan controller with a headphone and mic jack at the front. Also get a nice set of 5.1 headphones, these can be pretty pricey for quality so put them on your wish list as well.
Video: PCI express, ATI x800 is probably the way I would go, also make sure you get a good branded card, ASUS are consistently at the top of performance comparisons (and price charts) but have a look at what’s available.
Case: Get a nice neat Lian Li mid-tower case and plenty of silent fans for cooling. I would then apply a single sponsor decal to the side. Probably avoid modding your case for the aforementioned reason of reliability and usability and maybe invest in one of those back saving carry packs if you can find one suited. DO NOT SCRIMP AND USE AN OLD CASE!
HDD: I would go for a two nice roomy 120 GB SATA HDDs, it’s always best to have two smaller drives than one 250 GB for example. I may also invest in an external HDD at about 80 which you can use to store a Ghost image of your main HDD for those emergencies at a LAN (You will not be sorry)
Optical Media: Single DVD rom, remember simplicity is the best.
FDD: it’s a FDD, just make sure you buy a new one, don’t scrimp on $20, this thing could save your life and you don't want to be relying on a 10 year old FDD out of your old 286. You should also always carry a 98 boot disk with you, which you can make with an app from bootdisk.com even from your XP pc (an XP boot disc is a piece of crap and completely useless).
Peripherals: You will want a quality mouse and keyboard combo, as tempting as they may seem steer clear of ir-wireless or bluetooth as they slow your twitch down a for ms which can make a surprising difference, also batteries are a bitch. Finding a clean keyboard is a must, there are some aluminium keyboards getting around that are very nice. Only modification I would make to the keyboard is to remove the left windows key and seal up the space, there is nothing more annoying than going to crouch and hitting windows and being dropped from the game, especially older games which don't cope with being dropped out. Mouse too should be nice and simple, I have always liked the feel of microsoft mouses and I have a wired optical intellimouse explorer that I still use for the majority of my twitch gaming. As I mentioned before, a quality headset is a must for competitive gaming, get the best one you can find, noise cancelling is preferable for extra immersion, then see if it has a mic, if it doesn’t then its easy to mod/build your own boom mic extension (just find a nice air column boom and you should be able to, with very little effort or know-how attach it) If your sponsor is made of money, there are lapel and even throat mics (think bruce willis in tears of the sun) that are available for less than $200 and very useable.
Monitor: finally we come to what may be almost the most important part of your gaming rig. I use a 19" Hitachi CRT for my gaming because it is one of the sharpest and best monitors I have ever used. I would still steer clear even of those reported 8ms lcds (tests have found that they actually vary up to 24-28ms under stress, the reported 8ms is not the average like it used to be but more like the optimum peak). Especially if you are playing fast, twitch games like Painkiller or AVP2 then a CRT is the only way to go. You can actually get quite (relative to mine :)) light 19" crts if you look which have a smaller form factor and are much easier to lug around, without sacrificing quality.

This brings me back to the MOST IMPORTANT part of the rig. Do not, and I can't emphasise this enough, DO NOT install anything other than the bare essentials. Your gaming rig is not your home computer! Best practice would be to do a clean install, most likely you would be using XP Pro, install mobo drivers etc NOT VIDEO, make a Ghost or similar image of the install, back it up onto the external HDD and put it in a safe place. When a new driver for your video card comes out, also major updates for the game, I would advise restoring the Image and then installing the new driver/patch from scratch on a clean install. Also keep a backup of the driver installer for the previous driver version in case there is a conflict with one of your games with the new driver. Only install the games you will be playing competitively, games are notoriously bad for your install. You can also make an image of this and store it on the external HDD if you wish, I will be useful if something horrible befalls your pc the morning of the event and you need a quick solution, but you will need to regularly update this image with new drivers. Then take your beautiful gaming rig and put it aside (as dust free as possible) and only get it out for competitions or practice. DO NOT USE IT AS YOUR MAIN COMPUTER!

The last part really requires a lot of discipline, the best analogy I can come up with is that of a professional rider, they have a Race bike and then they will have a practice bike. The Race bike only gets used for professional races and gets rebuilt often between meets. The practice bike is the bike that the rider will train on. Think of your current rig as your training bike, use it for all your internet browsing and non-competitive gaming (and school occasionally) and use your gaming rig for competition. Such is the discipline of a professional gamer and if you can do it your gaming will benefit.

Once again, I hope that was helpful, if you have any questions, you can post them here and I'll try to answer them when I see them or PM me :).

Malatory
05-25-2005, 10:10 AM
I have some experience in competitive semi-pro gaming and you have to remember that as soon as sponsor money is involved you must take it very seriously. What was a game for you is now an investment by them, and you have to give them their money's worth or you will never get a gaming gig again. This is also probably the time to 'upgrade' your hardware knowledge as you are your own pit crew! I've written a basic guide to what you will need to do to have a good gaming rig, and hardware is only the first part. Hope it helps...

When building a gaming rig the single most important thing is simplicity. Priorities should be: Reliability & Usability. It doesn't matter how top-end your rig is if it foobars itself every time you try to boot a game. I’ve tried to give a basic hardware overview of the requirements for a pro-gaming rig and also some of the discipline and non-gaming that is required to maintain it as a competitive tool, which it now is.

I would say this guide does hit the nail on the head and done really well. It is also what I tend to look at most of the time when I get a new machine for home. (Ok last time I went for the new shinny objects [SLI]).

qck+
05-25-2005, 04:23 PM

Processor: Look for a second or subsequent generation processor; in most cases you will get better results. I have always been an AMD man and would probably steer that way, most likely one of the 64fx series running at x86 but by all means go for a P4 if you like.
Memory: 1 GB of quality ram is enough for your purposes.
Mobo: your going to get onboard stuff on pretty much any board you get, I would advise using the onboard sound, network (you should be able to get gigabit) just for simplicity. I have had some bad experiences with MSI, so I would probably steer clear, obviously your choice of MOBO will be influenced by your processor and ram (make absolutely sure that your ram is supported).
Sound: As mentioned above use the onboard sound, best to bundle with a forward mounted fan controller with a headphone and mic jack at the front. Also get a nice set of 5.1 headphones, these can be pretty pricey for quality so put them on your wish list as well.
Video: PCI express, ATI x800 is probably the way I would go, also make sure you get a good branded card, ASUS are consistently at the top of performance comparisons (and price charts) but have a look at what’s available.
Case: Get a nice neat Lian Li mid-tower case and plenty of silent fans for cooling. I would then apply a single sponsor decal to the side. Probably avoid modding your case for the aforementioned reason of reliability and usability and maybe invest in one of those back saving carry packs if you can find one suited. DO NOT SCRIMP AND USE AN OLD CASE!
HDD: I would go for a two nice roomy 120 GB SATA HDDs, it’s always best to have two smaller drives than one 250 GB for example. I may also invest in an external HDD at about 80 which you can use to store a Ghost image of your main HDD for those emergencies at a LAN (You will not be sorry)
Optical Media: Single DVD rom, remember simplicity is the best.
FDD: it’s a FDD, just make sure you buy a new one, don’t scrimp on $20, this thing could save your life and you don't want to be relying on a 10 year old FDD out of your old 286. You should also always carry a 98 boot disk with you, which you can make with an app from bootdisk.com even from your XP pc (an XP boot disc is a piece of crap and completely useless).
Peripherals: You will want a quality mouse and keyboard combo, as tempting as they may seem steer clear of ir-wireless or bluetooth as they slow your twitch down a for ms which can make a surprising difference, also batteries are a bitch. Finding a clean keyboard is a must, there are some aluminium keyboards getting around that are very nice. Only modification I would make to the keyboard is to remove the left windows key and seal up the space, there is nothing more annoying than going to crouch and hitting windows and being dropped from the game, especially older games which don't cope with being dropped out. Mouse too should be nice and simple, I have always liked the feel of microsoft mouses and I have a wired optical intellimouse explorer that I still use for the majority of my twitch gaming. As I mentioned before, a quality headset is a must for competitive gaming, get the best one you can find, noise cancelling is preferable for extra immersion, then see if it has a mic, if it doesn’t then its easy to mod/build your own boom mic extension (just find a nice air column boom and you should be able to, with very little effort or know-how attach it) If your sponsor is made of money, there are lapel and even throat mics (think bruce willis in tears of the sun) that are available for less than $200 and very useable.
Monitor: finally we come to what may be almost the most important part of your gaming rig. I use a 19" Hitachi CRT for my gaming because it is one of the sharpest and best monitors I have ever used. I would still steer clear even of those reported 8ms lcds (tests have found that they actually vary up to 24-28ms under stress, the reported 8ms is not the average like it used to be but more like the optimum peak). Especially if you are playing fast, twitch games like Painkiller or AVP2 then a CRT is the only way to go. You can actually get quite (relative to mine :)) light 19" crts if you look which have a smaller form factor and are much easier to lug around, without sacrificing quality.

This brings me back to the MOST IMPORTANT part of the rig. Do not, and I can't emphasise this enough, DO NOT install anything other than the bare essentials. Your gaming rig is not your home computer! Best practice would be to do a clean install, most likely you would be using XP Pro, install mobo drivers etc NOT VIDEO, make a Ghost or similar image of the install, back it up onto the external HDD and put it in a safe place. When a new driver for your video card comes out, also major updates for the game, I would advise restoring the Image and then installing the new driver/patch from scratch on a clean install. Also keep a backup of the driver installer for the previous driver version in case there is a conflict with one of your games with the new driver. Only install the games you will be playing competitively, games are notoriously bad for your install. You can also make an image of this and store it on the external HDD if you wish, I will be useful if something horrible befalls your pc the morning of the event and you need a quick solution, but you will need to regularly update this image with new drivers. Then take your beautiful gaming rig and put it aside (as dust free as possible) and only get it out for competitions or practice. DO NOT USE IT AS YOUR MAIN COMPUTER!

The last part really requires a lot of discipline, the best analogy I can come up with is that of a professional rider, they have a Race bike and then they will have a practice bike. The Race bike only gets used for professional races and gets rebuilt often between meets. The practice bike is the bike that the rider will train on. Think of your current rig as your training bike, use it for all your internet browsing and non-competitive gaming (and school occasionally) and use your gaming rig for competition. Such is the discipline of a professional gamer and if you can do it your gaming will benefit.

Once again, I hope that was helpful, if you have any questions, you can post them here and I'll try to answer them when I see them or PM me :).

That was a good post :D.
My friends in florida are currently the best in there state 1up gaming. I went to school with some of them, I picked up a lot of knowlege from them. They all have 2 computers one gaming and one for your every day usage. I was the only one with a lcd screen too :P. They all were packing 21 inch crts. So I still need to buy a monitor I was looking at a sony trinitron since you want a high refresh rate as a gamer aswell.

Zeus
05-25-2005, 08:00 PM
HOLY CRAP Temmink. That was the mother of all posts. I found it very lucid and informative. As I had said before, I don't get paid to game but I guess I never really realized a lot of what you pointed out.

BRAVO!!

reddog418
06-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Dropping a sound card in lieu of using the motherboard's onboard sound device I find is a big mistake, especially in the area of achieving top frame rates. The on-board sound card can be a major bottleneck for a computer, dropping up to 10-15fps even on high end systems, and most people miss it, blaming their video cards, RAM, HD, or CPU. By shelling out the extra $100 bucks for something as good as an Audigy 2 ZS, you relieve your CPU of the sound crunching duties and leave it to more important processes.

ZeD
06-05-2005, 11:45 PM
those $25 chaintec 5.1 soundcards are supposidly just as good as the audigy, however if the PC will be gaming any cheap soundcard should do if all you wanna do is releive some CPU pressure. I personally use an Nforce 2 motherboard with soundstorm, and its the best onboard audio chip to date, too bad they dont incorperate it on the nforce 4

MisterChief
06-05-2005, 11:52 PM
those $25 chaintec 5.1 soundcards are supposidly just as good as the audigy, however if the PC will be gaming any cheap soundcard should do if all you wanna do is releive some CPU pressure. I personally use an Nforce 2 motherboard with soundstorm, and its the best onboard audio chip to date, too bad they dont incorperate it on the nforce 4

About that Soundstorm chip...

From Maximum PC, May
"The "drip, drip, drip" noise you hear is the sound of our Colt 45 40 oz. tapping the pavement in honor of nVidia's recently deceased Soundstorm audio technology. According to recent statements by former Maximum PC editor, and current nVidia PR guru Brian Del Rizzo, Soundstorm audio was just too costly to integrate into motherboards, especially compared with boards sans onboard audio. Plus, consumers are generaly skeptical of onboard audio; and nobody complained when nVidia took it away, so the company figures it won't be missed anyway"

Well, I guess they have one complaint... :D

Xato
06-06-2005, 02:56 AM
i think i've got that onboard audio.

ZeD
06-08-2005, 12:50 AM
no one complains because most people feel they're complaint will not be heard, but beleive me on the many motehrboard forums I frequent many have complained and were quite upset, the nforce 2 soundstorm audio was better than creatives so called 24 bit sound blaster "pro" card

MrSlacker
06-08-2005, 04:06 PM
i use Chaintech AV-710, this sound card is only $25 and sounds great!

Xato
06-08-2005, 09:26 PM
i found the soundblaster live series to do fairly well, when u had the good versions with the right drivers.