PDA

View Full Version : Big overclocks!

Logic Zero
12-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi, i am using AtiTool to get some great overclocks on my graphics card, but one problem i seem to be having is if i change the voltages, and then steadily raise the clocks i can reach some amazing memory/core speeds, but if i restart my pc back to normal clocks and voltages and then load a profile with the new voltages and clocks then it just freezes and the screen goes garbled.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe i need to run my new voltages 24/7 so when the profile loads it just changes the clock speeds.

Just tried playing css with 625/810 (just overclocking mem at the moment) and everything is looking good!

Logic Zero
12-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi again lol:banana: I have just found out that the switch between profiles is fine if the voltages are kept the same but the clocks are changed :D

Can someone please verify that these voltages are ok for 24/7:
Core: 1.475
MVDDC: 2.050
MVDDQ: 2.050
VVDCI: 1.563

Temps on core never exceed 45c, temps for voltage regulators are always less than 95 even after hard gaming.

So basically you cant change voltages on AtiTool within swapping/loading profiles? You have to keep them the same? I would rather run lower voltages in 2d mode you see so thats why im asking...

bartvandenberg
12-20-2006, 03:51 PM
what kind of overclock are you actually getting? like what are your stock speeds? and try benching your comp with the o'c to see if its even worth the major damage risk to your card. i had mine overclocked high too, but.. seeing as how it only got me like an extra frame or 2 per second, i didnt think it was worth risking the loss of the card a year earlier or so.

AKA_RA
12-20-2006, 04:34 PM
i agree with bart. OCing may be fun, but whats more fun, playing CS:S on your big powerful graphics card, or starring at a blank screen because you just fried your GPU trying to get that extra few frames you didnt really need that bad.

Cevinzol
12-21-2006, 02:35 AM
Ah, go ahead its only money.

"crunch all you want, we'll make more" - Doritos ad slogan

Logic Zero
12-26-2006, 10:58 AM
what kind of overclock are you actually getting? like what are your stock speeds? and try benching your comp with the o'c to see if its even worth the major damage risk to your card. i had mine overclocked high too, but.. seeing as how it only got me like an extra frame or 2 per second, i didnt think it was worth risking the loss of the card a year earlier or so.

Hi, its not a just a few frames a second, its 40 frames more in css and 20 in fear.

3dmark06 has gone from 5547 to 6891, bit of a boost there:eek: :smoker:

monoflap
12-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Omg give us the clocks before and after, 40 frames per second!

bartvandenberg
12-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi, its not a just a few frames a second, its 40 frames more in css and 20 in fear.

3dmark06 has gone from 5547 to 6891, bit of a boost there:eek: :smoker:

that id like proof for.

40 fps increase? what resoutions?

ESX
12-26-2006, 05:55 PM
And whats your setup?