PDA

View Full Version : Poster Software??

crazybillybob
12-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Ok,
I know I saw a thread on this a while back (maybe a year?) but I cna't find it now so some help would be great.
I'm looking for software that will let me take an Image then tell the software the size of paper I'm using and the final pic size and it will print out the image in pieces that I'll tape together and make a big poster or bannet type mural. I'm looking for Freeware or open source type stuff.

Like I said I know there was a thread on this so even a link back would be great!

Thanks,
CrazyBillybob

DaveW
12-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Hmm...you might be able to do this with GIMP, using one of the extensions that you can download? Other than that, not sure i'm afraid.

-Dave

nil8
12-18-2006, 04:06 PM
rasterbator
http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

download the client, and read the readme. It's not difficult and it rules. If you want the image to look better, make the dot size as small as possible.

crazybillybob
12-18-2006, 05:24 PM
nil,
That's what I was looking for Thanks!!!
You'd think that with a name like rasterbator I'd remember it :)

CrazyBillyBob

nil8
12-18-2006, 05:49 PM
I mentioned it at work once and got chewed out because a passing employee thought I was talking about a physical act with a similar name. Nothing came of it though. Thank god my boss has a sense of humor.

It's hard to forget once you commit it to memory. It's fantastic program with color laser printers. Badass looking imagery.

I'm glad I could help.

DaveW
12-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I mentioned it at work once and got chewed out because a passing employee thought I was talking about a physical act with a similar name.

Unless you work at a Kid's playpen, i would have got pissed about that. Your boss doesn't own you mouth-i would have followed him around all day screaming Masturbation at him till he got the point.

Then again, i can be a difficult guy to deal with...this is probably not a good idea if you want a promotion.

-Dave

nil8
12-18-2006, 10:11 PM
It's not a matter of promotion. My boss had a good laugh about it.
The passing employee chewed me out about it and talked to my boss. That was the problem.

It's the state of sexual harrassment cases in America. If I so much as say penis or masturbate at work to the wrong person I can be terminated that day without recieving any of my long term benefits. It's bull**** and causes people to step on eggshells.

If I can help it when I'm at work I try not to deal with females for that reason. It sucks, but it's the the modern politically correct way to do things.

Some places are better than others, some people are better than others. It sucks that I can't talk to the opposite sex for fear of having a word or sentence taken out of place and human resources 'informed of my intentions'.

Basically I keep my jokes and real conversations with my friends that I spend time with outside of work, if I work with them or not. Everyone else I talk to about work or talk about the weather or safe current events. Hooray for being a corporate whore.

Zephik
12-18-2006, 10:34 PM
It's the state of sexual harrassment cases in America. If I so much as say penis or masturbate at work to the wrong person I can be terminated that day without recieving any of my long term benefits. It's bull**** and causes people to step on eggshells.

If I can help it when I'm at work I try not to deal with females for that reason. It sucks, but it's the the modern politically correct way to do things.

Some places are better than others, some people are better than others. It sucks that I can't talk to the opposite sex for fear of having a word or sentence taken out of place and human resources 'informed of my intentions'.

That is why I never go anywhere. I just don't understand why people are like that? It's so very very frustrating because I LOVE to talk. Thinking and talking has to be the two greatest past times ever. But I always say something that someone doesn't like or they get offended by it or something on those lines. I don't talk a whole lot, everyone thinks I am a shy guy because of it. Ha, if people weren't so, I dont know? Stupid? I would be a very talkative and social person.

Unless you work at a Kid's playpen, i would have got pissed about that. Your boss doesn't own you mouth-i would have followed him around all day screaming Masturbation at him till he got the point.

You know what I think? I think the people who get offended over talking about "masturbation" are either mind washed priests or people who are ...familiar... with it. Thats just what I think though, I am probably wrong.

-SnowFire

Ronyx
12-19-2006, 04:58 AM
i would have followed him around all day screaming Masturbation at him till he got the point.
-Dave

I'd do that, but to the guy who chewed you out. :santa: :devious: :glasses:

simon275
12-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Microsoft Publisher :think:

DaveW
12-19-2006, 05:09 AM

I agree with all that is said above. Unfortunately, like i said above, if someone was to try something like that with me, they'd find me very difficult to deal with. I won't work with or for someone who thinks like that.

-Dave

nil8
12-19-2006, 05:33 AM
It wasn't a guy, fyi, which is one reason I didn't push it.

People are too easily offended and legislate away opinion or taste. It's bull****.

AJ@PR
12-19-2006, 10:39 AM
I consider, as of right now, that we men are fighting for *our* rights.

We are not permitted, by these laws, and by society's view, to Be Men.
Man. A Man. A real man. Not a pussy.

I mentioned it at work once and got chewed out because a passing employee thought I was talking about a physical act with a similar name.
This pisses me off.
That would have been a good time to say:
We're not talking about M A S T U R B A T I O N, we're talking about other stuff. So, do not worry, we'll let you know when we talk about M A S T U R B A T I O N.

But then again, I think I'm a 'dificult' person to deal with... like Dave.
If we want to be.
I'm sure Dave can also be a very easy-going person if he wants.
But it's life! Living life!
Why go through life "just-passing-by"?

Yeah! Piss off some people.
Offend some more.
Get on their 'bad side'.
Tell them to **** off.

Lord... we should start a thread about this....

DaveW
12-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah! Piss off some people.
Offend some more.
Get on their 'bad side'.
Tell them to **** off.

Lord... we should start a thread about this....

lol...i think someone's rebelling. You go man, fight the power!

I'm an easy going guy if you're a reasonable person. If you're going to overhear something and take it out of context, then try and cause trouble about it, you're going to make an enemy of me. I'm very easy going really. But i'm not afraid to tell you what i think, or to whack you back if you cross the lines. (At least, where i perceive the lines to be.)

-Dave

Airbozo
12-19-2006, 07:29 PM
There was a case recently in the Silicon Valley that was similar to what nil8 experienced. Same situation where the _offended_ employee (female), heard a part of a conversation concerning masturbation. The offended employee made this HUGE deal out of how she was being harassed at work and the boss refused to do anything about it, so she sued the company, the employee and the boss for sexual harassment and demanded TONS of money for pain and suffering and incidentals. The case went to court and during the course of the trial one of the witnesses took the stand to testify what she heard. This witness was the other person in the cubicle during the offending conversation and testified that yes the word masturbation did in fact get mentioned. During cross examination the witness, who was an HR director testified that the conversation was indeed about masturbation, BUT, it was concerning the other employees child who was 3 or 4! The employee was asking the HR person if it was normal for a 4yo to "masturbate"! HAHAhhehhehahahehaha...

Case was thrown out and the woman was ordered to pay ALL court costs because it was determined that she was informed by HR and the BOSS what the conversation was about and refused to believe it. This information was given to her lawyer during pre-trial discovery and her lawyer ignored it too. Last I heard (6 months ago) she was being sued by her lawyer for non-payment of his costs.

One for the normal people!

DaveW
12-19-2006, 07:43 PM
^^ Nice. That's Justice.

-Dave

Zephik
12-19-2006, 08:16 PM
lol

Deserves her right. People jump to conclusions much to easily! The "sexual harassment" towards her that she mentioned was probably just all in her head. She was "fueling her own fire" as I say sometimes. My mom worked with a lady that was so paranoid about people talking about her behind her back that she would complain just about every time someone was talking to another person and just happen to glance at her. I glance at people all the time when I talk! It doesn't mean I am talking about the person who I glanced at though.

Have any more stories Airbozo? I love story time! :D

-SnowFire

Airbozo
12-19-2006, 08:47 PM
lol

Deserves her right. People jump to conclusions much to easily! The "sexual harassment" towards her that she mentioned was probably just all in her head. She was "fueling her own fire" as I say sometimes. My mom worked with a lady that was so paranoid about people talking about her behind her back that she would complain just about every time someone was talking to another person and just happen to glance at her. I glance at people all the time when I talk! It doesn't mean I am talking about the person who I glanced at though.

Have any more stories Airbozo? I love story time! :D

-SnowFire

I have a ton of em. That's my reward for reading through the rags while waiting on hold...

Oh in the Navy we called 'em "No ****ters" as in; "this is a no ****ter..."

My Father in law is retired FBI and HE has some good stories! Like the picture he has of himself filling out the deposit form at the bank and in the back ground (the real reason for the pic), is a guy with a gun holding up, get this; the bank two floors below the FBI regional headquarters, where _all_ the agents go to bank. My F-I-L busted the guy post haste. Digit! who robs a bank next to the fbi office...

OK, sorry for the derailment, since I did not even have anything constructive to post on the topic, BAD REP ME!

Oh and I am looking for the link to the lawsuit story. The reporter did a great job of telling it...

DaveW
12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
^^ This thread is all over the place, but it's too good to stop. I want to hear more of these 'no ****ters'.

Go on, make a thread for em...and i'm +repping you the above post, good use of the rep system, pointing out the derailing of the thread, and throwing in a good story to boot.

-Dave

Drum Thumper
06-05-2010, 11:29 PM
After reading through these old comments, I'm half afraid to necro this thread, but....

http://www.asciiposter.com/