PDA

View Full Version : rosecityracer

Illusion
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
i dont know where the other thread is but im letting you all know what s going on.

quote from paypal.
"After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

What to Do Next
-----------------------------------

This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time.

Other Details

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the
PayPal site and click the Security Center link located at the bottom of any
page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the
"Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

Sincerely,
PayPal
Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any page. If
your inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account and go to
the Resolution Center.

hmm i have no idea what to do now this is really pissing me off

Fear
12-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Call the cops, Start a friggin investigation.

Illusion
12-19-2006, 05:18 PM
yeah but i worrieing about the testifying part. there is noway i want to pay to fly down to texas for only 250

Airbozo
12-19-2006, 05:33 PM
yeah but i worrieing about the testifying part. there is noway i want to pay to fly down to texas for only 250

They may be able to take a deposition and you will not have to show up in court. Most of the time it never makes it to court, since the offending party usually wants to avoid the extra time and cost involved and usually pay up when the cops knock on their door. I would definitely call the cops anyway, they may even have a high tech crimes unit and will contact paypal for any info they need.

Fear
12-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, Call 911 RIGHT NOW! Tell them you want to start an investigation, the'll send a cop, he'll do a writeup and you're set. Just have the ****ers name adress phone or w/e you got ready. Nail this ****er. $250 is enough cash for larceny, and ****.

tybrenis
12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
I would also love to see you nail this mofo.

I'm sure you still have his name and address etc. Call the cops and start an investigation.

Airbozo
12-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, Call 911 RIGHT NOW! Tell them you want to start an investigation, the'll send a cop, he'll do a writeup and you're set. Just have the ****ers name adress phone or w/e you got ready. Nail this ****er. $250 is enough cash for larceny, and ****.

Yes call the cops but please do NOT call 911. That is for emergencies and ****...

Durrthock
12-19-2006, 06:11 PM
PLEASE get this ****er. For all of us.

-Jeremy

P.S. Sorry for my language today guys, it has been one of those-days, ya know?

Don't Worry about it I one of the youngest here and I'm 14 so I swear all the time. Its an unwritten law

Illusion
12-19-2006, 06:18 PM
well that is the problem. it was all on that thread and i forgot where i put my piece of paper with all the info. where did that thread go? any ways what number should i call. thanks a bunch guys i am not very into this whole thing. i hate people who take money. any ways ya is there away where you could get all the info i will call the 50 to night. thanks

Durrthock
12-19-2006, 06:22 PM
you mean Five O not 50

Fear
12-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Go to you're paypal, Look at the activity when you sent him the $250, click Details, and it should say his adress and ****.

DaveW
12-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Umm...the thread is gone, me and Crimson removed the Trading Post to stop this from happening again.

Let me see if i can find the data in the site's database.

-Dave

DaveW
12-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Here's Simon's data:

The Spammers full profile. No address for workplaces given for his own privacy.

Traced his ip he is in Beaumont,Texas

His ISP is SBC Internet Services

You can contact his ISP and tell them he is a spammer and they will cut him off.

He is using a Linksys modem a WAG54G which also has a four port router and wireless. He has an open port on 5190. Its for aol instance messenger. No other ports are open. The OS he is running maybe be Ubuntu I am not quite sure.

BIO
Name: Jesse Calvin
DOB: Aug. 7, 1984
Birthplace: Galveston, Tx
Current Location: Beaumont, Tx
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brown
Height: 5'11"

No recorded previous convictions.

Currently attends: Lamar Institute Of Technology
Current occupation: Nutrition Depot in Beaumont Texas or maybe he travels to Huston and works in one there

Here's the data Paul pulled from his registration:

his registration email is rosecityotters@gmail.com and his IP address is 66.138.57.53. His Myspace page is http://www.myspace.com/xtremeluderacr

He's used a whole heap of Dynamic IPs; here's what our logs have...

* 209.30.248.241 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 216.63.106.86 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 64.219.118.164 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 64.219.120.253 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 68.201.112.205 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 68.88.124.42 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 69.149.177.177 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 69.149.178.27 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 69.154.196.75 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.117.146.121 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.117.149.186 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.117.150.43 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.117.151.99 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.128.242.162 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.128.242.222 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.128.243.234 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.135.3.31 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.136.17.123 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.136.17.21 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.136.24.193 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.136.28.232 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.136.29.107 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.242.254.77 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.249.242.229 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.249.243.163 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.249.243.188 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.250.94.100 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.250.94.167 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.255.8.205 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 70.255.9.52 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 76.210.224.174 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 76.210.224.227 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 76.210.224.55 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 76.210.224.59 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 76.210.225.22 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 76.210.225.34 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 76.210.225.54 [Find More Users with this IP Address]
* 76.210.229.21 [Find More Users with this IP Address]

And finally, i queried the database for SQL entries of PM's from him and pulled out the communications that you had. It's in a text file here in case you need it. (www.thebestcasescenario.com/davew/Message_History_RoseCityRacr.doc)

Moral implications? The Data Protection act? Screw that ****, don't f*ck with our members.

-Dave

tybrenis
12-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Ahh, that ol' thread. Just goes to show...

Don't **** with TBCS! **** you rose!

(Excuse the language)

Fear
12-19-2006, 08:04 PM
How do you sleep at night? Like how do you shut you're eyes in confort when you know that theres people having police writeups on you?

Airbozo
12-19-2006, 08:08 PM
How do you sleep at night? Like how do you shut you're eyes in confort when you know that theres people having police writeups on you?

This is a question that I have asked MANY of my relatives in the past. No moral compass, no sleepless nights...

One of them is not getting very much sleep while he is in prison...

Jeez, I just thought about it and I must be the only white sheep in my family tree for quite a few branches....

DaveW
12-19-2006, 08:09 PM
How do you sleep at night?

Me? I'm an insomniac. Hence why I'm always here. I mean, it's 12:07 now and i've pretty much just sat down.

Anyway, all i've really done above is make information freely avaliable.

-Dave

Fear
12-19-2006, 08:25 PM
No like how does the rose bastard sleep at night?

BTW im a mental case now.

tybrenis
12-19-2006, 08:25 PM
How do you sleep at night?

Soundly, knowing that douchebags like rose don't always get away with stuff like this. In a world filled with easily scammable internet consumers, not everyone falls for it. Some even fight back... hehe.

Airbozo
12-19-2006, 08:28 PM
BTW im a mental case now.

We all knew that a looong time ago...:think:

gaz_the_chav
12-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Me? I'm an insomniac. Hence why I'm always here. I mean, it's 12:07 now and i've pretty much just sat down.

-Dave

Join the club I suffer badely from insomnia - I have been 2 and a half months with no sleep - straight I also suffer a split personality. I got ****ed about when I was younger as you might of guessed - a bit of advice on that front DON'T EVER LET ANYONE **** WITH YOU!

-gaz

Illusion
12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
any one know the number i should call for non critical emergences. like a line for **** like this. god you guys are good man. it really shows how the modding community is much closer here then alot of other places. i know alot of places where they would said thats to bad idiot. but you guys are really helping me out thanks alot guys. i might throw so cash at ya if i got extra.

DaveW
12-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I'd just go into the local Police Station next chance you get with printouts of all the stuff we've given you.

-Dave

Omega
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Seriously. Nail the ****er. He probably did it thinking he could get away scot-free... so prove him wrong. Besides, 250$ is a good hunk of money, at least to lose for no reason. Hell, if I were you, I would be more than willing to fly, drive, etc all over the country to get the ****er. If this happened to me, it'd be less about the money and more about teaching him a lesson (but I'd want the money, yeah).

Heh, a lot of dynamic IP's. Maybe I'll run a few traces later.

Aero
12-19-2006, 10:44 PM

-Dave

In America we call that the Freedom of Information Act. It usually only applies to government institutions, but I gues we could say it works here to.

CanaBalistic
12-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Heh, a lot of dynamic IP's. Maybe I'll run a few traces later.

Do you understand the diffrence between dynamic IPs and static ones? Dynamic IPs change, alot. You may think you've found him but you've only found somone with the same ISP. Not even the logs from TBCS have his static ip.

Pointless...

Omega
12-20-2006, 12:22 AM
Do you understand the diffrence between dynamic IPs and static ones? Dynamic IPs change, alot. You may think you've found him but you've only found somone with the same ISP. Not even the logs from TBCS have his static ip.

Pointless...

I do understand the difference, ffs. Three of my four parents (that is including step-parents) are network engineers and have taught me a thing or two.

Sure -- I might be able to trace somebody else, but when I find an Ubuntu box than I'm that much closer.

And besides, it's still a maybe. I might just listen to metal and post on 4chan.

SgtM
12-20-2006, 12:26 AM

Pointless...

Not necessarily. His ISP could be contacted, and they can look at the DHCP logs in their router (assuming it's turned on) and get him. I agree.. it would be MUCH easier to get him if he had a static IP. Besides, the guy was freakin stupid. If you're going to try and scam people online, at least use an IP anonymeiser (SP?).

DaJe
12-20-2006, 01:51 AM
Could anyone tell me what exactly happened with this? I have a general idea of it all, but I want the whole story. Need me to do anything?

Omega
12-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Could anyone tell me what exactly happened with this? I have a general idea of it all, but I want the whole story. Need me to do anything?

rosecityracer was selling computer parts, Illusion was going to buy the videocard, Illusion paid, and rosecityracer disappeared, taking Illusion's 250$ with him and rosecityracer never shipped the card.

Now we're out for blood. >=D

Cevinzol
12-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Here's a couple things to do.

His fraud occured across state lines so you should contact the FBI. Give them all the pertinent info and ask for a case number.

Contact his ISP - SBC in this case (whitch is now part of AT&T)
inform them of his fraud using their equipment and of the the FBI case number.

From Simon's post:
He's going to the Lamar instituit of Technology (http://www.lit.edu/default.asp). their address is:
855 East Lavaca
Beaumont, TX 77705
1-800-950-6989
Contact the admissions or deans office and inform them of the FBI investigation. Ask them if they would withold his transcripts and suspend his admission to next semmester until the case is resolved

I just looked in yellowbook.com.
There are 3 Calvins living in Beaumont TX. 2 have the same address.
His myspace says "Im livin in a lil house off Delaware in Beaumont so feel free to stop by."
Space st.is about 2 blocks south of Delaware.
Since his name isn't one of them and since he's only 22, he might actually be living at home and his whole myspace site just BS.
Call them, if they know a Jesse the you probably found his parents
Just ask "is Jesse there?". You might get confirmation like "No he's living near campus" if so ask for his new address and phone number at the minimum you would have found a relative who might be able to put pressure on him. If it turns out you actually get him, don't talk to him, just hang up. you don't want to tip your hand. At that point you can contact the FBI again with the new information. This lets the FBI know you are serious about persuing this matter. If calling makes you feel uncomfortable. have some one else do it. Hell I'm tempted to do it.

1. Calvin, Richard
409-892-5756
2460 Space St
Beaumont TX 77703-4736

2. Calvin, D
409-861-1932
1365 Westmeadow Dr
Beaumont TX 77706-3887

3. Calvin, Theodore
409-866-9529
1365 Westmeadow Dr
Beaumont TX 77706-3887

Most of all do not let him get away with this. If not for yourself do it to prevent future victims. If it doesn't do much this time it will still be on his record so if he gets busted for other things it makes him look like a career criminal.

Ronyx
12-20-2006, 03:33 AM
in times of crisis, the true spirit of the community comes through......
you guys are awesome =]
now it's time..... to kill :twisted:

simon275
12-20-2006, 06:02 AM
Good to see my work went to use. Pretty good considering I am on the other side of this world. I hope you banned him so he doesn't know what we are up to.

------
Get this dude for me I have put to much work into this.

Airbozo
12-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Jeez where were you guys when my neighbor was taking shots at my house?

Cevinzol
12-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Jeez where were you guys when my neighbor was taking shots at my house? Did you shoot back? Its only the polite thing to do :)

tybrenis
12-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Anyone call yet? I'm the social outgoing kinda type, I'd gladly call for you guys.

DaJe
12-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Good to see my work went to use. Pretty good considering I am on the other side of this world. I hope you banned him so he doesn't know what we are up to.

------
Get this dude for me I have put to much work into this.
Hopefully it was an IP ban too. But with a dynamic IP like that, I doubt we could truely keep him away.

Mitternacht
12-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Hopefully it was an IP ban too. But with a dynamic IP like that, I doubt we oculd truely keep him away.

But you can ban a certain IP range, like 71.167.*.*, if that helps get rid of the dynamic part of it.

ESX
12-20-2006, 06:29 PM
But you can ban a certain IP range, like 71.167.*.*, if that helps get rid of the dynamic part of it.
If you do that, you ban all the people that connect through that ISP and not just that specific person. And btw, TOR ftw.

Omega
12-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Somebody contact me via AIM -- Thebornotaku is my SN.

I have some ideas to make any call look more legit and less suspicious, but I'm not about to go posting them on a forum rosecityracr could be reading right now.

SgtM
12-20-2006, 07:19 PM
If you do that, you ban all the people that connect through that ISP and not just that specific person. And btw, TOR ftw.

Exactly, you're blocking the whole subnet in that case.

jdbnsn
12-20-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm not about to go posting them on a forum rosecityracr could be reading right now.

Uh, then don't you think he might be expecting any such call?:?

Illusion
12-20-2006, 08:40 PM
I would also love to see you nail this mofo.

I'm sure you still have his name and address etc. Call the cops and start an investigation.

be my guest the less work for me the better. you only need to do it if you want to. but of course i told you not to harass him;);). haha actually it is a free country so you can do what you want. haha. but this is just for the court i told you not to harass him.;);)

Airbozo
12-20-2006, 08:53 PM
be my guest the less work for me the better. you only need to do it if you want to. but of course i told you not to harass him;);). haha actually it is a free country so you can do what you want. haha. but this is just for the court i told you not to harass him.;);)

FYI, It's not harassment until he tells you not to call him anymore. Then the creditor can call all they want, but just not their place of employment, that is considered harassment. At least that _used_ to be the law concerning creditor contact.

DaveW
12-23-2006, 02:12 PM
We've set up a system that compares IP's with proxies and compares to a master list, and our banned list.

It then lets us know when someone 'suspicious' is trying to sign up. Thus far, it's only caught spammers, so i might just turn on the function that prevents them signing up. I'm keeping my eyes open for rosecityracr and Fear/Razor. If either of them try and come back, I'll hopefully spot them and reban them. Realistically, i can't look at every IP and compare them all. But I'll do my best.

-Dave

Omega
12-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Oh, question. Why did Razor get banned again?

DaveW
12-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Why did Razor get banned again?

For being a dick. There's more but that's all I'm willing to say about it. Just pretend he never existed.

-Dave

Airbozo
12-23-2006, 06:23 PM
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Don't_be_a_dick

Omega
12-23-2006, 08:50 PM
For being a dick. There's more but that's all I'm willing to say about it. Just pretend he never existed.

-Dave

Well that's all I need to know.

tybrenis
12-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Ahh, good. I knew he'd do something dumb again, and he did. I also will not elaborate but I'm glad he's gone.

DRece
12-24-2006, 03:42 AM
:? umm... What happened? How did you get so much information on him like that ( the thing down to the linksys router information)?

simon275
12-24-2006, 05:10 AM
:? umm... What happened? How did you get so much information on him like that ( the thing down to the linksys router information)?

His IP address was published along with his myspace so I ran background checks and port scanned him.