PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Case

Durrthock
12-19-2006, 08:04 PM
http://www.scan.co.uk/shops/isotope/isotope.asp

DaveW
12-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Hmm...i was on the fence for the last Isotope series, because they were bulky and over priced. These ones are worse in my opinion-there's no way hardware is going to be easy to install and/or cool in a case shaped like that, never mind the fact that those cases take very expensive PSU's that can't deliver a punch and are unreliable. (Also external.)

Basically, it's a pretty case for someone who doesn't want to know what's on the inside; who wants to look cool in front of their friends; who doesn't know the difference between an i-book and an i-pod.

Maybe when we get the reviews back up and running, i can give it a more in depth analysis. But as it stands, i'd avoid them like the plague.

-Dave

DaveW
12-19-2006, 08:15 PM
My mistake, they've changed it to an internal PSU after looking at the pics again. I wonder if it's a standard ATX this time?

-Dave

Zephik
12-19-2006, 10:01 PM
If it was $150USD, I wouldn't mind having it. It's pretty cool looking, but of course, I would like it more if a modder built it! I would say it's a case to impress your "normal" friends. But in this community, you will probably get applauded or laughed at. :rolleyes:

Oddly, in the past I despised the Asus Vento, but now I actually kind of like it. :think:

-SnowFire

Ronyx
12-20-2006, 02:11 AM
You're definatley right about cooling, the thing is so dam packed that you can barley see anything in there. Cables everywhere..... Water cooling isn't gonna help there.

Speaking of watercooling, has anyone seen the Zalman Reserator 2? Any comments? I think it's nice but has a hefty price tag...

Zephik
12-20-2006, 02:18 AM
Zalman makes excellent products. I would take your time and build your own for that price though. I've decided that people who buy premade kits either like the way it looks or are too lazy to research and build one themselves.

Check out newegg.com for reviews. Make sure you look for high "was this review helpful?" scores. But with Zalman, you don't really have to worry about noobs writing up false reviews.

-SnowFire

Ronyx
12-20-2006, 03:40 AM
i dunno what i'd do without you guys =]

Cevinzol
12-20-2006, 05:47 AM
that isotope looks cool but the insides seem cramped. By placing the MB on a slant the optical drives take up more room than they need to.
Its an Edsel.

that reserator2 is huge. Where do you put it? not on top of the case. as it sits in the piture on their site, its right in the way if you want to get into the case and the lose external tubing always makes me nervous.

Zephik
12-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Psh, the Zalman Reserator2 is whimpy, in size, compared to the Thermaltake Symphony! You want to talk massively huge? Check that baby out. The funny thing is, the "mini" version of the Symphony cools just as good. Odd?

-SnowFire

chedabob
12-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Its a cool case, but I reckon somebody on here could do a waaaaaaaay better job.

Airbozo
12-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Zalman makes excellent products. I would take your time and build your own for that price though. I've decided that people who buy premade kits either like the way it looks or are too lazy to research and build one themselves.

Check out newegg.com for reviews. Make sure you look for high "was this review helpful?" scores. But with Zalman, you don't really have to worry about noobs writing up false reviews.

-SnowFire

I was able to snag a reserator1 for $100! That is the only way I would ever purchase one. I still have not used it, but am planning on using it on my current unmodded system (unless you count the fans and controller...).

I like the look of the case, but would probably never buy one. Wasn't that at one time a mod?

armadilloben
01-14-2007, 01:23 AM
why spend 3$$ on a case like this... i promise you that about 97% of the people on this forum could build a near identical to that case for less then 100 but i mean for people that cant mod and want there pc to look cool this would be the option