PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Rose Leaves G4 Techtv

James2113
05-26-2005, 11:04 AM
I Recently Found out that Kevin Rose one of the Last Survivors Of The Great Show The Screen Savers has Decied that G4tech Tv Does not feel at home as he once did. Thursday May 26 is his last day at G4tech tv . He said that he will be working on his own show which is called systm and no its spelled right. www.systm.org he is doing a downloadable show with some of the old cast that we came to love. if you want some more info on kevin and his nes online show just go to www.kevinrose.com also if you would like to see his new show just go to the new website.

Thanks

James

public_eyesore
05-26-2005, 04:29 PM
I guss im not going to be watching that show anymore. The screen savers was so much better than attack of the show, focusing more on computers and some games. Kevin Rose was the only reason i continued to tune in, but after getting rid of him and yoshi. There seems to be no point to the show.

MrSlacker
05-26-2005, 05:19 PM
thats it, show is officially DEAD

Zeus
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech TV has been dying a slow and agonizing death ever since G4 took over it. All the shows and personalities that made the station worth having have left.

James2113
05-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Let me tell you when Patrick and Leo Left because G4 did not want to pick up their contracts was a big mistake with me because they basically made the screen savers. and when you guys watch attack of the show tonight you will see exactly why kevin rose left. because of exactly with one of you guys said the forgot that techtv is a tech show not a game or car show. G4 basically took it away from the computers guys. and kevin rose when he said he was leaving he even said that he wanted to do more of a tech show.but dont worry the new show he is doing will have some of the cast from the screen savers maybe even yoshi. i also want to ask u all a question. Will anyone here watch kevin rose new show on his new website www.systm.org?

public_eyesore
05-27-2005, 03:54 PM
i will definatley :)

superrobot92
05-27-2005, 08:04 PM
me too :)

Guttenaffe
05-27-2005, 10:15 PM
G4 sucked, and TechTV ok to watch, when they murgged and made G4TechTV and it is just like the old G4. Lots of "attempts" to make somthing 'cool' but it would always turn out to be such horrable crap that it is a pain to watch.

MisterChief
05-27-2005, 10:53 PM
G4 sucked, and TechTV ok to watch, when they murgged and made G4TechTV and it is just like the old G4. Lots of "attempts" to make somthing 'cool' but it would always turn out to be such horrable crap that it is a pain to watch.
G4TechTV was so-so; kinda geared toward the nitwits... :rolleyes:

James2113
05-28-2005, 01:17 PM
G4TechTV was so-so; kinda geared toward the nitwits... :rolleyes:

Well techtv was kinda geared towards the tech crowd they had some great shows but now with g4 in the picture it got really bad. I mean the screensavers was a great show. they even had modding computers in that show. and also Our Crimson Sky was even a guest on the screensavers

ZeD
05-29-2005, 05:20 AM
I wish that sniveling little weasel luck. He's the kinda guy you wanna drown in a bathtub everytime you hear his voice. The reason the show began its decline was because 40% of the time was just crap talk between the guys on it, and none of which was anything even remotely interesting. They even royally fudged up the episode with Paul, not giving him a chance to speak, cutting him off, mentioning the wrong name of the book, e.t.c., e.t.c. Totally disrespectuful for the hosts of a show not to do some homework before having a guest arrive. Im surprised they even got his name right.

James2113
05-29-2005, 09:18 AM
8) Zed you are right. they may have cut off paul at every chance they had. but at least they invited him to the show.paul is the reason why i like to work with computers alot.and if i never seen him on the show i never would have learned about him and his amzing work with computers. thats why i am going to quake con to see his unveiling of his case mod Doom 3

public_eyesore
05-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Well techtv was kinda geared towards the tech crowd they had some great shows but now with g4 in the picture it got really bad. I mean the screensavers was a great show. they even had modding computers in that show. and also Our Crimson Sky was even a guest on the screensavers
actually i think crimson was on the first or second episode of "Attack of the Show" , but that was still in the trnsition from some computers and some videogames to all videogames.

MrSlacker
05-31-2005, 07:25 PM
when the merge just happened, everyone was saying that it will become all games chanell. and not it happened. god i remember how i used to watch TechTV for the ENTIRE day....... :mad:

Zeus
05-31-2005, 09:04 PM
yeah, I used to pay for digital cable just for that channel and sci fi channel. They were only avail on digi. Now, I can't justify digi for one station.

James2113
05-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Let me tell you when i saw that they had a tech channel for computers. i was happy as hell i also used to watch tech tv all day now a days i dont even want to go near the channel

kickarse
06-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Seems g4 is just about gaming now

Rachel
06-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Thats what G4 was. Then they merged with Tech Tv creating G4 Tech TV. And finally they they ate Tech TV and all we have left is G4 TV. :(

James2113
06-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Well Now that G4 Died i hope you all are paying attenetion to kevin roses new online show systm which so far has much better tips that Attack of the slow
if not go to www.systm.org and see for your selves