PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad...

Mitternacht
12-22-2006, 09:40 PM
...if there's horizontal lines slowly creeping up your monitor? I just got done playing Ocarina of Time on the project 1.6 emulator and now these lines are appearing. Is it overheating? BTW, it's a Radeon 9600.

Omega
12-23-2006, 03:08 AM
...if there's horizontal lines slowly creeping up your monitor? I just got done playing Ocarina of Time on the project 1.6 emulator and now these lines are appearing. Is it overheating? BTW, it's a Radeon 9600.

I notice that during longer sessions of WoW, the left edge of my screen gets multicolored bars.

It might just be the card warming up a bit -- but I don't think it would be overheating.

DaJe
12-23-2006, 03:24 AM
http://rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_monitors.shtml

I receive a call from a normally quite sane client in a company I worked for.

* Customer: "I think my monitor is broke or about to quit on me."
* Me: "Can you see anything on the monitor now?"
* Customer: "Yes, but it has lines running up and down it, and it is driving me nuts."

I went right up to see. But when I walked in, the monitor looked perfectly normal to me.

* Me: "It seems to be working fine right now. Were you running any programs when this was happening?"
* Customer: "What do you mean? You can't see the lines?"

I craned my head around so I could view the monitor from the same angle he was. Still nothing. It was working perfectly fine.

* Me: "I don't see any lines. The monitor is working how it is supposed to."
* Customer: "I am telling you, there are lines running up and down the screen."

At this point he started to scare me. I could not convince him that there were no lines running up and down the screen. I was wondering if he was hearing voices, too. I don't remember how, but somehow we got into what he had done today. He had gone to the eye doctor that morning, and they dilated his eyes. Apparently, when you get your eyes dilated, you can literally see the screen refreshing itself. We both had a good laugh when we figured the problem out.