PDA

View Full Version : Make XP Look like Vista.

simon275
12-23-2006, 06:43 AM
Who needs to buy vista just use this patch to make your XP look like Vista.

Scroll down for images.

http://www.windowsxlive.net/index.php?page_id=15

Crimson Sky
12-23-2006, 11:35 AM
that is the OS equivalent of putting a FEAR THIS sticker on your honda accord. :p

SgtM
12-23-2006, 12:47 PM
that is the OS equivalent of putting a FEAR THIS sticker on your honda accord. :p

slaps hand on desk.. HA!

ah ****, now my hand hurts
Pretty cool though. Unless you're cool enough to have the real thing.. mwuhahahahaha

Durrthock
12-23-2006, 04:51 PM

My brother had on of thoes on his old station wagon
It was funny

ESX
12-23-2006, 05:32 PM
I once had a mac transformation pack :P
Now that was funny :P

zitwep10
12-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah I had that vista transformation pack. When I wanted to get rid of it wouldn't uninstall and I had to manually uninstall it, I wasunable to replace the default icons which the pack replaced, so I am sitting here with the XP theme and vista icons. I highly recommend you don't install it.

DRece
12-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah I had that vista transformation pack. When I wanted to get rid of it wouldn't uninstall and I had to manually uninstall it, I wasunable to replace the default icons which the pack replaced, so I am sitting here with the XP theme and vista icons. I highly recommend you don't install it.

I agree, I had to reinstall the Xp after I tried that since everything got messed up.:mad:

Omega
12-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Or you can not be a douchefag in the first place and not use any visaul themes -- I'm using the least taxing one of all -- the old windows 98 looking one. =D

DRece
12-24-2006, 03:51 AM
Or you can not be a douchefag in the first place and not use any visaul themes -- I'm using the least taxing one of all -- the old windows 98 looking one. =D

Why buy power and not use it:think:. If I was smart enough to do like you say and run just classic theme, I would have half the brains Nil8 has and still be running on classic machine with enough power to do what I need:glasses:. But I am not, so I got to a have a machine look good through and through because I eat too much eye candy:bunny:.
:banana:

Durrthock
12-24-2006, 10:01 AM
It didnt even work for me and it screwed some stuff up. But smart me made a restore point right before I installed it :santa:

zitwep10
12-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Even with restore I still have the default icons replaced.

Theorem
01-01-2007, 01:52 PM
man...
I forgot how to make a restore point.
can someone direct me?

update:

Got It!