PDA

View Full Version : Future PC games worth looking for?

MisterChief
05-28-2005, 08:45 PM
I haven't been watching the game community too closely (focusing on next gen hardware, etc.) I'm just wondering if there are any games that look like they are really worth getting. So far I've found:
Quake 4
Battlefield 2
F.E.A.R

...yep, that's about it. Anyone heard of any other "top-tier" games?

superrobot92
05-28-2005, 10:37 PM
doom 4?

Frakk
05-29-2005, 12:03 AM
if your into rpg, adventure games, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is coming out in fall. its the sequel of the longest journey back from 1999 and it was the best game ive ever played. dreamfall is going to be even better. im preordering it as soon as i can. just cannot wait

Bmad
05-29-2005, 11:13 AM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R and BF2

Rachel
05-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Battlefield 2!!!! It looks sweet. I can't wait for it either.

Whisp
05-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I am waiting for D&D Online and to try the new fight engine.

Xato
05-30-2005, 12:30 AM
The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
The new Elder Scrolls game (after morrowind)... the graphics are stunning, and from what i've heard the freedom of choice will be even greater. I hope they improve the character interaction menu though.

I hope that Quake 4 doesn't become another Doom 3... While doom3 was a good game to some, i found it repetitive and boring. After you got over the scaryness. The level design wasnt that great either, one of the things i loved about Doom and Doom2 was the way the levels were set out. And thats my rant about doom... i hope that Q4 doesn't follow the same path, as i really enjoyed Quake 2 (plus the soundtrack for it, an the expansions rock).

Age of Empires 3 seems to be worth a look if you're a fan of the series.

MisterChief
05-30-2005, 08:06 PM
The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
The new Elder Scrolls game (after morrowind)... the graphics are stunning, and from what i've heard the freedom of choice will be even greater. I hope they improve the character interaction menu though.

I hope that Quake 4 doesn't become another Doom 3... While doom3 was a good game to some, i found it repetitive and boring. After you got over the scaryness. The level design wasnt that great either, one of the things i loved about Doom and Doom2 was the way the levels were set out. And thats my rant about doom... i hope that Q4 doesn't follow the same path, as i really enjoyed Quake 2 (plus the soundtrack for it, an the expansions rock).

Age of Empires 3 seems to be worth a look if you're a fan of the series.

Elder Scrolls 4 is supposed to be a launch game for the 360. Yeah, I read an article in Game Informer about it; looks absolutley amazing! There was a picture of a soldier on horseback with mountains way out in the background, and the caption said that you can travel beyond those mountains! It's gonna be like EQ2, only even larger, and look even better! I also read about the new AI, which will remeber your deeds and manipulates NPC faces accordingly (disgust, rage, joy, etc.) It's supposed to be a fully contained ecosystem that has realistic seasons, plant growth, etc, as well as aging characters and expanding governments. :eek:

Quake 4 is supposed to have huge improvements on the Doom 3 engine, and may have "evolving" enemys; that is, enemy types that obtain upgrades over time. I'm not sure what other twists await us, other than you play as a Marine and a Strogg later in the game.

And I love Age of Empires 2, so I look forward to 3.

It all sounds like a bit much, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Xato
05-31-2005, 05:16 AM
Yeh, Morrowind already had a few small environment features... like if you take berries from a plant... they wont grow back for a while... But yeh, actual plant growth will be something to look forward too.
I can see a system such as the one in Startopia (cheesy game i know) where the plant models expand over time, and then at a certain stage they change to the full model and can be harvested... I'm sure oblivion will do it much much much better tho :D

jonopaul01
05-31-2005, 08:32 AM
I am going to get BF2 and AOE3 this year. But I have heard that AOE3 might not come out till the 4th Quater. But I am really looking forward to Battlefield2, especially the squad command system.

MisterChief
05-31-2005, 08:19 PM
I heard that Ghost Recon 3 will be out for the PC and 360 near launch time. From the preview on MTV2, that looks like it might be a pretty good game. It's supposed to have some big improvments on Ghost Recon 2, and obviously have better graphics and gameplay, especially character models and realistic movements, like ducking and tossing grenades.

public_eyesore
06-01-2005, 12:32 AM
i believe theres a new duke nukem in the works, run off of the doom 3 engine.

Xato
06-01-2005, 03:26 AM
LOL! Duke Nukem Forever... is the new one thats 'coming out'.

The fact is, this game was due for release like 2 years ago... and its still not done. They keep making promises about its release but it just hasn't been happening. As its been in dev for so long, i doubt its running off the D3 engine... or maybe it was a last minute choice to change, which is the reason for the most recent delay...

There were stories that the dev team had run out of money too.

Malatory
06-01-2005, 02:39 PM
AOE 3 should be set for SLI systems owners as well.

For Roll playing type games like D&D, I am waiting for Never Winter night 2. But right now Atari Games refuse to run on my system. :(