View Full Version : Extraction help

Doomfest
12-25-2006, 01:38 PM
I need help extracting files. I see a lot of folders like this:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7944/whattodosp7.jpg

Please tell me what to do, i'm confused. D:

DaveW
12-25-2006, 03:00 PM
That's a winrar file split up into chunks. Unzipping the one labeled .rar should unzip everything into a single folder.

Open the .nfo with a text editor to read. Now let's make it clear: it isn't illegal to ask us how to unzip these files. But mentioning what's in those files could get you a short holiday from these boards. So it's photos of your grampa, right?

-Dave

Doomfest
12-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks loads dave! :D

As for the archives

it's a test program made by my sister, who wants to try out her new code. now, i'm not a programmer, but she wanted to see if she could make a program that requires a CD to run, but would be impossible to mount in a virtual CD or something. She thought she could try it out here and sell the idea. she goes to college in another town from my house and she sent me it in chunks over MSN to lessen the chances of the download stopping in the middle.

DaveW
12-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Very convincing were it not for this part!

it's a test program made by my sister

A girl? Programming? :p

Just kidding mate. :)

-Dave

Doomfest
12-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Lawl. Good one. I was shocked myself O:

nil8
12-25-2006, 04:42 PM
A .sfv file is to verify file integrity using a checksum. If you type in QuickSFV on google, the first link is the website for the program. It also can do and create md5 checksums, so it's very useful for people who love file integrity.

Also, if you're using winrar, use the extract to button and point out a folder. If you open the first rar file and just drag and drop, it becomes a temp file and if you're dealing with large files, that can be a major drag.

Read the .nfo file like Dave said. If you left click to open it, it will try to install it into your systems information unsuccessfully. Right click, open with, notepad.

Good for your sis.

ESX
12-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Post removed by me. nvm.

Doomfest
12-26-2006, 12:43 AM
People like you get sites like this problematic. Leave it as it is... delete or edit your post if necessary. Do it for dave.

ESX
12-26-2006, 04:23 AM
Just because you asked.

DaveW
12-26-2006, 06:38 PM
???

-Dave

slytherock
12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
???

-Dave

Like I said a thousand time to my wife when she asked me where I was last night: Better not ask. ;) Then I got divorced...

Doomfest
12-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Eh, what if some stupid lawyer comes and like "OMFG, THIS SITE SHARES PIRATED INFO, LOOK HERE'S THE PROOF!" At least i didn't even mention what it was... I didn't want to. Geeze.