PDA

View Full Version : Newegg

loser
12-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Trustworthy?or not. Comments.

d_stilgar
12-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Totally trustworthy. Newegg is an amazing site. Everyone I talk to says to go to newegg when buying online. Everything that I have purchased from newegg has been smooth sailing. Truly easy online shopping.

Zephik
12-25-2006, 02:18 PM
You should go with Newegg whenever you can. They are the most, imo, trusted retail website out there. Their service is absolutely amazing as well. I've never known a website that can compare with Newegg. The list just goes on...

-SnowFire

loser
12-25-2006, 02:25 PM
just wasnt sure, thanks guys.

Aero
12-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Newegg is great with their service, I had to return an MP3 player because it didn't work with my PC, and they took it right back no problem. Tigerdirect is just as good. I love both of them equally.

DaveW
12-25-2006, 02:50 PM
I've never used NewEgg but i've heard a few people say they had trouble with Rebates from them. We don't really get Rebates in the UK so i can't comment on this.

-Dave

Aero
12-25-2006, 02:54 PM
I've never used NewEgg but i've heard a few people say they had trouble with Rebates from them. We don't really get Rebates in the UK so i can't comment on this.

-Dave

Oh that reminds me, Tigerdirect's reabte are abit strange, you have to go through another company to get them. Goto the website, enter al the info, and also send a copy of your invoice I think.

nil8
12-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Tigerdirect occasionally uses the manufacturer or a third party for rebates and that can cause some headaches.

Newegg's rebates are internal, but it's definitely their weak point. The department they have that deals with rebates isn't the best. Everything else is rather steller. Their customer service, return policy, and quickness of shipping is worth the extra few dollars versus some unknown site. Plus, there's the confidence that you know newegg will be there tomorrow.

public_eyesore
12-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Newegg is teh 1337 !!1!11!!!1 I've bought a few things on tiger direct that came with third party rebates, and never had a problem(except for how freaking long they take:mad: )

Mitternacht
12-31-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm more of a fan of TigerDirect, but I just bought my new mobo and processor on Newegg, for $70 less than TigerDirect.

slytherock
12-31-2006, 04:58 PM
In canada, tigerdirect's shipping is really expensive, better go with ncix or vibecomputers. Better choice and price anyway

Crimson Sky
12-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Newegg is the BEST.

Omega
12-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Newegg is pretty good. I love how if you return an item that's under warranty, they accept it no questions asked. Not that I've ever had to.

Anywho, they're also pretty fast on refunds. Only took about 3 days to get mine.

PauL
12-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Newegg usually has the best prices and there shipping is fast. Very good site.

Durrthock
01-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Just look around we mention it in almost every thread

Vertigo
01-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I personally do really like NewEgg, I've only had one situation with them and that wasn't entirely their fault. But I've built 8 computers using parts almost exclusively from them with little to no problems. My problem was when I ordered the bulk of the parts for the computer listed in my signature, I had an issue with my bank first. Basically, not allowing me to spend more than $1500 in a single day using my debit card (a security measure, for your convenience sir.) well, after I got that situated, I made my order, but for some odd reason didn't receive a confirmation from NewEgg, so I tried ordering again. The order ended up being cancelled and took about a week to get the funds back into my account ... so I could order again.

As a result, I ended up ordering my video card from Tiger instead, because while I was waiting, NewEgg sold completely out of the 7950 GTX cards. Since then however, I've also made a linux box for a friend, and built a new computer for my dad, ordered parts for my wife's new machine, and parts for my NES PC. ALL without a hitch.

intergalacticman
01-12-2007, 06:23 PM
yeah newegg is FTW i dont use anything else
its cheaper that fry's or microcenter and with better selection

simon275
01-12-2007, 07:04 PM
On a side not here is a inside tour of a Newegg warehouse and distribution center in LA.

http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2694

So much tech in one place. Raiding party anyone?

Also another good US based tech store is ZipZoomFly (http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp)

Airbozo
01-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I used to shop at EggHead in SanJose, before they were NewEgg, web only. They made an improvement since they were overpriced and staffed by radioshack rejects. The web can be good for everyone!

As to pricing, I find that Fry's and MicroCenter are very competitive on pricing and if you factor in shipping Fry's usually has the edge (plus if anything is bad or unwanted they take it back even if you have no package on most items). Just don't go into Fry's expecting any technical help, they got all of EggHead's old employees and the rest are on visa's and speak very little english.

Quote from the manager of the Components Dept.: "What is this you mean by socket 775? Intel does not make a socket 775" (technically true, but the statement was: "I need a Pentium4 HT 3.2ghz socket 775 CPU"). I now just get all my part numbers _then_ go get the parts. (At one time several years ago I was proud to say: "I am 365 days Fry's Free!") I have a rather long Fry's story concerning shoplifting and the Police, that prompted me to be "Fry's Free"

docturtle
01-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I just recently received my gear from newegg. A new 320GB HDD ($94.99)and a x20 DVD-ROM ($36.99). Everything works perfectly and I got my shipment just as fast as the clothes my wife ordered the same day with express shipping! Great deals, great service. There's a 15% restocking fee on returned items, but how often is that going to happen? Definately a great choice over all.

Zephik
01-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow, I started to twitch after seeing the "secure area". It's almost worth considering a life of crime... ha, yeah no way. But that is pretty freaking awesome.

Good find!

simon275
01-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I used to shop at EggHead in SanJose, before they were NewEgg, web only.

EggHead was actually bought by Amazon not NewEgg unlike most people think.

Mitternacht
01-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Got my mobo and processor in 5 days, not 3. Only problem, other than that. I think I'll be looking at them more often, and not just TigerDirect.

Airbozo
01-12-2007, 10:04 PM
EggHead was actually bought by Amazon not NewEgg unlike most people think.

I did not know that. I thought they shut down and webitized...

Did Amazon just blow that acquisition or what?

DRece
01-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I bought all of AOD computer parts from Newegg, they are great without any cons that I know of.

Baer
01-13-2007, 06:44 PM
New Egg is great. My experience is that they are not always the lowest price but they are fast, reliable and the one time I had to RMA their was no B.S. They also package well.

I am sure there are other good ones also but I have absolutly nothing bad to say about New Egg.

isunktheship
01-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Newegg is the best e-store I have ever used!

Their tech support is the best I have ever seen. I bought a video card that I didn't want, and since they didn't have it in stock, I got my money back! And they paid for the shipping (twice what the actual shipping for it was).

Doesn't get better than 3-day shipping for next to nothing (or nothing). I live about 2 hours away from where their headquarters (both shipping and online) is located, so I receive packages the day after I order them.

I have had rebates for certain products, and newegg has the information laid out nice and neatly. I asked about a rebate once, and the customer rep. sent me all the information I needed. I got the rebate money, so no problems there at all.

As a an average customer who has been dealing with this company for close to 2 years, and who has spent around $3000 dollars here, I give this site the highest rating possible.

5/5 stars, excellent company to work with.

Zeo4500
01-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Newegg rocks!!!!!!!!!! It has best customer reviews I have ever seen, and the shipping is amazing. I live in phx and it only takes 2 days to ship, when I pay for 3 day shipping. I have only ever had on problem with ten and that was my mobo, which I got replaced with no questions asked, and in about a week I had my new board. I love them and I always go there first.