PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Tower Case

eyes
12-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Here is a link to a BIG case. Reasonably priced. Plenty of room in the top for a radiator. Definitely cheap enough to experiment with.:up:

http://www.servercase.com/miva/miva?/Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SC&Product_Code=CK01F&Category_Code=PCC

I have one of these. They are pretty sturdy. Thinking of buying another to cut holes in.

Omega
12-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Holy crap.

Nice.

Aero
12-26-2006, 02:17 AM
ahh, the good ol' full size ATX case. Now theres a beast. I think most mods nowadays are in Mid-ATX, so I don't see many of those around.

tybrenis
12-26-2006, 05:52 PM
As spam goes, that's not too bad.

eyes
12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
As spam goes, that's not too bad.

I don't get it. Where was the spam?

Are you implying that since this is my first post, that this must be spam?

DaveW
12-27-2006, 12:43 PM
I don't get it. Where was the spam?

Are you implying that since this is my first post, that this must be spam?

Sorry eyes, don't mind him. It's just that we've been fighting a raging battle against all kinds of spam here.

I mean, we get the usual spam, you know, fertillity treatment, investment crap. But we also seem to get the really obscure ****. Last week some Chinese company was trying to sell fire-retardant kevlar or something in the processor forum. I almost saved a copy of it, so weird a thing it was.

Anyway, welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay, and don't take that one personally. ;)

-Dave

eyes
12-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Not a problem. I was afraid of that.

I was looking for a large case (similar to my current case) to mod when I ran across this site that had my current case. Plenty big enough to house everything and a WC system. Since I had seen requests for cheap cases, I thought I'd share the info.

I gotta upgrade. Still running a Duron 1.8 on a ECS K7S5A motherboard. The last system I put together was for my son. It was an Athlon 2.2

Just so much to re-learn. Well, gotta start somewhere.

DaveW
12-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Don't worry man, things haven't changed that much. Some new techs here and there but the same basic principles. Anyway, you've come to the right place to re-learn!

Anything you need to know, someone here can tell you. If we don't know it, then we can always ask the almighty google.

-Dave

docturtle
12-27-2006, 08:41 PM
That's a monster of a case.

tybrenis
12-27-2006, 09:38 PM
My apologies eyes, I didn't mean to offend you. It's jus that we get a lot of links to other sites on here as spam, and generally, the spammers simply sign up simply to post spam, and that is their only post - thus their post count of "1".

That is why I was a little confused - I assumed you were a spammer, posting a link to a sales web site on your first post.

Anyways, that's a pretty beast case, I'd love to see someone mod it! Welcome to the forums, and please, enjoy your stay here! Generally people aren't as rude as I am when they are welcoming in a new member.... :p .

bigbaddog
12-28-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm using a case almost exactly like this one for my main computer...bought it about 5 years ago. Paid 75.00 + 40.00 shipping...without a PS. Solid as a rock and big as well. My plans are to make it a file server when I build my new rig.

samurai_crip
01-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Holy f*** thats huge damn

Omega
01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Holy f*** thats huge damn

Yeah it is.

I was looking at that...

That case would OWN for a four-computer, high-end cluster setup of some sort. Assuming the cards fit.

But yeah, cheap case = screaming to be modded.

Mitternacht
01-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Wow...over 2 feet high....plenty of room for drives, and a real kickass watercooling setup.