PDA

View Full Version : Coolmaster Centurion 5 Moddding Ideas

DRece
05-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi:

Im new to this forum and new to modding. I have a friend who is in the modding business and willing to help me mod my pc. He has already done some very cool work to the case already but I would like to add some of other modding to it.

Description of My Case :

The Link to my case:

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=CAC-T05&other_title=+CAC-T05+Centurion%205

My Case has the silver color and has a window mod done by Cooler Master when I bought the case. The window mod came when a large Centurion Icon and a nasty Centurion icon next to the power button. Also there was alot of black foamy filter on the preferated front. I removed the foam and popped of the icon next to the power button. My friend replaced the window with a clear plexi one (which looks alot better) and smoothed out the metal were the icon next to the power button was (smoothed out so much that it is hard to even notice). He also helped install a 120mm fan that is bolted in three bay above my floppy drive ( yes a floppy, for when all else fails, i guess ) .The case shelters Amd 64 gigabyte machine with a 3D1 video. There are 7 (2 120mm, 2 80mm, 2 70mm and a tiny one) fans that emit a medium blue glow that illumiate the case enough to show what I have but not enough for sunglasses. The fans that I have on the bottom are 3d fan card from logisys and emit some UV glow but not enough to UV the case.

Modding Question:

What could I do to make my case look better than it looks, I feel like what it has is not enough eye candy. I plan to wrap all the wiring in blue electric tape to help with the blueness emitted from my fans. My friend is going to show me the best way to rotor into a case as well as some painting techniques but I want to hear from those who post in this forum a few if not many ideas that would work. Although I stray from watercooling, I haven't gotten over the fear of water in my computer. But Im very open to other ideas.

Thanks for anything you have to say!

Zeus
05-30-2005, 06:36 PM
I would say that if you want good input on this forum a couple of things would be very helpful, you should provide some pictures of what your case looks like now. Including the mods you have already done.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, you should have some basic ideas of what you want your finished product to look like. I have seen several threads from people asking for modding suggestions without giving an indication of their intentions. This makes it very difficult to give any suggestions. Ultimately, you, and not us, will have to look at this thing every day. You will have to decide what you consider proper "eye candy". What one person likes, others hate. And vice versa.

Frakk
05-30-2005, 07:01 PM
thank you Zeus for posting it! :D we should make a genereal templet for ppl asking for ideas cause im getting tired. no offence DRece! :) as Zeus said, its ure mod, and should be ure ideas, things that please you. since you asked for ideas, you should put a hello kitty decal on ure case and mod it regarding to the theme! :D

MisterChief
05-30-2005, 07:42 PM
thank you Zeus for posting it! :D we should make a genereal templet for ppl asking for ideas cause im getting tired. no offence DRece! :) as Zeus said, its ure mod, and should be ure ideas, things that please you. since you asked for ideas, you should put a hello kitty decal on ure case and mod it regarding to the theme! :D

Go kitty! :D

cygnus_x_1
05-30-2005, 08:12 PM
i say the mod should be something that has not been seen before...go BIG, REAL BIG...

you will only need one tool for this mod.
ready?
get a 10 lb sledge and just dent the crap out of your case, kind of like post-apocalyptic meets full on anger... :D

seriously tho, Zed's post said it all. what are you goin after, what is your skill set, what tools do you have available. that all comes into play when you want to sit down and mod.

get us some pics and we'll go from there..

MisterChief
05-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Actually, that sledge hammer idea isn't so bad...

cygnus_x_1
05-30-2005, 08:36 PM
/runs out to patent it... ;)

i turned this
http://home.comcast.net/~dannyyyz/wsb/media/320829/site1030.jpg

into this
http://home.comcast.net/~dannyyyz/wsb/media/320829/site1065.JPG

:D

long story...

Zeus
05-30-2005, 09:24 PM
looks like someone had some real fun

MrSlacker
05-30-2005, 09:34 PM
holy **** man! that was a perfectly fine case!!!

Zeus
05-30-2005, 10:00 PM
I would like to make a motion that cygnus post the long story of how this happened in the chatterbox section. I am very curious

all in favor?

cygnus_x_1
05-30-2005, 10:05 PM
lol...will do but its not as colorful as my wallet story :)

goin in the shower right now (with the wife ;) ) so it'll have to wait for a bit...

Zeus
05-30-2005, 10:09 PM
boom shika wowoow

Frakk
05-30-2005, 10:25 PM
keep on topic please :D this thread is not about cygnus' wallet, neither about his wife in the shower:D

Zeus
05-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Rofl

cygnus_x_1
05-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Frakk the forum alignment master has spoken :D

this is true, WAAAAAYYYY OT from the original post. I will have to make a seperate thread about my hammer mod... 8)

and i got sold out for Dr 90120 :mad:

Zeus
05-30-2005, 10:57 PM
that is seriously harsh

DRece
05-31-2005, 12:21 AM
Ahhh, well after reading all of your suggestions I shall open a new thread (WITH ADMIN BLESSING) to throw ideas that popped in my head so that it may follow a different than about me and my Centurion. But before I move thoughts to a different thread here are some pics.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/DRece/sidewwindow.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/DRece/front.jpg

Zeus
05-31-2005, 12:23 AM
now a popcorn popping computer would be my dream come true

Zeus
05-31-2005, 12:24 AM
gaming and popcorn would go quite well together