PDA

View Full Version : Soap Mouse

Doomfest
01-06-2007, 01:29 AM
This is kinda cool, and simple to make too. Basically the insides of an optical mouse put inside halves of clear bottles and wrapped in fabric. The result is a Soap Mouse, named after the way you control it.

Check it out on hacked gadgets:

http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/09/28/soap-mouse/

Youtube Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hohu8SSpduM

Zephik
01-06-2007, 01:46 AM
That is very odd. Talk about your innovative thinking! That guy was doing pretty well in the video game too. I wonder how long it took him to learn to use it so effectively? I wish I had a spare optical mouse laying around or I would try making one myself just to see how well it works.

Good find! +1rep

Doomfest
01-06-2007, 01:52 AM
I found a few possible candidates for optical mice on newgrounds. each were under $10. Bottles and some vinyl and sewing from your grandma don't seem to be that hard to find. If you could, you could even disable the buttons on a mouse and wrap that in a sock instead!

Zephik
01-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Go for it man! It's just calling your name! ;)

Anyone want to give this a try and let us know if its even worth doing?

Dem Pyros
01-06-2007, 03:51 AM
definately going to take a shot at this this weekend

ESX
01-06-2007, 04:18 AM
I think it has been discussed on here before (the soap mouse that is), but its a cool gadget indeed.
Go fo it and dont forget to show us the result :)

Durrthock
01-06-2007, 12:02 PM
I found a few possible candidates for optical mice on newgrounds. each were under $10. Bottles and some vinyl and sewing from your grandma don't seem to be that hard to find. If you could, you could even disable the buttons on a mouse and wrap that in a sock instead!

you mean newegg??

Doomfest
01-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Yes, Sorry about that. My mind was elsewhere. Should I or whoever makes it make a worklog on however they did it their way? I was even wondering about incorporating induction charging into the mouse.