PDA

View Full Version : Radio Station: By Hassle

Hassle
06-01-2005, 01:53 AM
I have been thinking about doing a new MOD for a few weeks now and i have some new things now to work with and this idea well came from a SHOW i went a few months ago they had a old radio box and turned it into a Home Media Center

well here are a few thing i have to put in so far im going to be ordering more here soon

1936 Box Radio guted and have some of the old parts like ant and speaker in still.

MB: MSI K8N Neo3-F NVIDIA Socket 754 ATX Motherboard
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Memory: Corsair Pro TWINX 1024MB PC5400
Video: XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra / 512MB DDR3 / PCI Express
HDD: 1TB LACIE BIGGER DISK And 40GB Maxtor

CD/DVD/Blue/Burner: Sony BW-F101 Internal Blue Laserl Disk Drive And Aopen Dual DVD Burner

Sound: Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
Input: Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Microsoft
AM/FM Turner Card: Griffin RadioSHARK AM/FM USB Radio

this is what i have around the house so im going to have to buy a few more things for it i think this should work pretty good the only thing here i just got was the MB and the Video card:

im thinking about adding a Epson PowerLite 61P 2000 Lumen SVGA Projector im not sure yet when its done i will have it on ebay and you can all have your go at it..... i will post pics ASAP

thats all for now.

temmink
06-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Are you planning on it being a MC PC as well? Because thats a pretty high end machine if that is your goal. Anyway, it would want to be a big radio, your going to need a lot of space for all that hardware, especially when you take into consideration cooling. Perhaps you could use the front of the radio as a facia and then build the computer into a sff box behind it?

Good luck, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you work out.

Hassle
06-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Are you planning on it being a MC PC as well? Because thats a pretty high end machine if that is your goal. Anyway, it would want to be a big radio, your going to need a lot of space for all that hardware, especially when you take into consideration cooling. Perhaps you could use the front of the radio as a facia and then build the computer into a sff box behind it?

Good luck, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you work out.

the radio box i have stands about 4 ft high and and 2 or 2 1/2 ft wide i think theres going to room for everything

temmink
06-03-2005, 11:41 AM
ooh, thats a bit bigger than I expected. You could smuggle mexicans in that thing.

Hassle
06-03-2005, 02:34 PM
ooh, thats a bit bigger than I expected. You could smuggle mexicans in that thing.
yeah im going to take some pics later today and post them most likey tomorrow i have a few thing other to do beside that but it should have the case and a few other parts pics in tomorrow i really want to get this thingy going

Zeus
06-04-2005, 10:34 PM
so essentially it is a console radio. Not a tabletop one. Right?

Xato
06-04-2005, 11:13 PM
I think its one of those really old crystal radio's that look like a jukebox.

Hassle
06-11-2005, 03:55 AM
I think its one of those really old crystal radio's that look like a jukebox.

yeah thats just what it is i am sorry i have been working pretty much everyday so when i get a chance to post some pics i will im also changing up the config on the board and CPU someone is going to buy that one setup from me and i was thinking about putting the ASUS board and AMD 2800+ i have in it....

Hassle
06-19-2005, 06:36 PM
ok i have the board installed and and few other i have the pics uploading now i think i will have time to post again in a few days i have no shots of the board inside the case but outside yes, i have shot of almost all the hardware,,,,,, so talk later

TimHolt
06-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Hassle, I've done a case mod like that. I've got two Athlon 1900+ headless windows machines in there as compute servers for my home network. It's a pretty fun case, and as you mention there's a TON of room inside for a lot of gear.

Mine is in an old Philco cabinet which looks like this one...

http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1942/42400.jpg

I replaced the radio dial area on the top with the dual control panels, including power/reset buttons and power light. I wired up a pair of old dc milliamp meters to the disk drive LED leads, so that the meter needles pulse and twitch with disk activity. This kind of meter...

http://www.simpsonelectric.com/images/round.jpg

Also, I have a single Cooler Master Aerogate II (pic below) mounted in the same front panel,with 2 of the temp leads on one computer, the other two on the other.

I don't have any pics of the case mod online right now, but will see if I can dig some up.

http://www.case-mod.com/store/images/aerogate_ii_lg.jpg

Hassle
06-30-2005, 02:55 AM
holly crap thats almost the same case i have for my MOD my one is a little smaller on the top end but its the same design i have to get some pics up here i have the weekend off im going ot have them up.